Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• A funny thing happened in Perugia vs Modena's match today. This is the first time I saw the referee shows a "green card" on court. :lol:

It's a new rule to encourage an honest player when there is a controversial judgement.

The referee signaled that Modena's spike was outside. When Modena's players are complaining to referee, Leon raised his hands to show the referee there was actually a block touch on him. So the referee reversed the judgement. It's no need to waste time on a video check. It's good for audience. In order to encourage Leon's decent behaviour. The referee rewarded him with a green card. 8o

• Here is the screen shot of the moment.

• The league is taking quite a while with stats this season, isn't it? The website always has incomplete info and takes sometimes more than a day to post them. Weird.

• More info about "Green Card":

https://volleymob.com/italian-…reen-cards-for-fair-play/

According to Lega Pallavolo CEO Massimo Righi, there are two purposes to the new green card: to bring more fairness and sportsmanship to the game; and to speed up games.

“The inclusion of this rule will bring several benefits,” Righi said. “We will try to enhance fairness, and to shorten matches. The objectives are therefore twofold: to increase fair play and restore the value chain, re-aligning the values of volleyball with the behavior of the players, and shorten the dead times of the games.”

The cards within a game will not have any direct benefit, but the league will use them as a way to market and promote teams that exhibit fair play. At the end of the season, the league will add up the green cards for each team in the league, and the team that accrued the most will be given a sum of money to donate to charity.

• When Modena's players are complaining to referee, Leon raised his hands to show the referee there was actually a block touch on him.

It usually given if a team asks for a block-touch video check, and (after the video check has been asked) the player who touched the ball raise is hand and admit the touch without actually waiting for the video check. I don't know if they can/will use it even if the video check isn't called, do you think that happened yesterday?

Thanks Rains for the update on Trento, I haven't subisce with Sportube for now so I haven't watched the match.

How many years it was since Perugia won vs Modena? It was about time!

It's impressive they've already played against the other 3 top teams and grab 3 points against each, it's to early to say they secured the first spot, but that's something.

• Thanks Rains for the update on Trento, I haven't subisce with Sportube for now so I haven't watched the match.

You don't have to subscribe to sportube to watch except for live matches.

Some are available on superlega repliche which is nice of them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• De Pandis making a rookie mistake with that chance ball line kill from Trento. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Russell and Giannelli's connection isn't on this match.

In my opinion, Kovacevic and Russell should reverse their positions since Kovacevic is better at 4 then it's just best for Russell to hit right side once or twice during frontrow rotation.

#FreeBritney

• Vettori twice blocked.:gone:Those weren't bad reception at all but still, Vettori makes me nervous.:white: Unfortunate for Verona as they almost made a come back 24-23 after trailing by many points but Russell had other plans for the second set.

#FreeBritney

• As always, whoever made the fairplay card possible should get a raise. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• It'll be really sad if Emma Villas Siena lose this once again. They are the Asseco Resovia of Italy but the way they are losing shouldn't get anyone fired. I think the problem is investing on so many new players instead of choosing some of the players who made the promotion to Superlega a possibility last season. I think that's what they call passion or heart of the club and is an incalculable factor in every team of every sport. You need to have a player who is ready to die for the team. It may sound stupid but not having a player like that, any team will struggle even with a strong constructed team on paper.

#FreeBritney

• It also seems Sokolov and Leal just want a higher ball without too much speed - they have become more effective suddenly....

• lube figured out modena. modena was exceptionally good at receiving jump serve. some lube players gave up jump serve and now modena is having problem at reception.

The difference is the setter. Stijn did a better job than Bruno so far.