Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Stoychev was watching the matches at the club worlds.. I saw him in the stands. Is he not coaching any team at the moment? Maybe Bruno should try Sada.. but he seems to prefer playing in Italy.

• Hmm Stoytchev is too strict as a coach and wants to control everything. He is like Mourinho of volleyball. They have similar coaching pathways. Both coaches career peaked between 2009-2013 and now on decline.

Stoytchev had problems with Lanza, Colacci and some players before.

Both Stoytchev and Kaziyski returned to Trentino with leaving Juantorena at Halkbank . I think they are not talking anymore

• 5-8 ranking battle for Coppa Italia qualification is becoming interesting.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Wow, this week end had several surprised for the top teams! Modena losing a point vs Siena (and that it's not so unbelievable), Padova won vs Perugia and Milano killed Lube!

So, I thought Perugia almost secured the top spot (for the Italian Cup, but may be even for the final ranking) after winning against the other top 3, but now I guess it's not so sure anymore.

Glad that trento took advantages of the moment. Yet again I haven't watch the match, but I followed them in the WCCh so I'm pretty happy anyway :)

• It's not often to see both Lube and Perugia lose in the same round.

Lube's loss is not surprising. Two starter OHs and Balaso all have less than 30% reception.

Padova's stats are amazing. Their reception and attack are all over 50%. No wonder they beat Perugia.

• Hmm Stoytchev is too strict as a coach and wants to control everything. He is like Mourinho of volleyball. They have similar coaching pathways. Both coaches career peaked between 2009-2013 and now on decline.

I am sorry, I just had to say something here. This has been discussed so much before that I don't know why it reappears. The comparison to Mourinho is just ridiculous. After his second tenure at Trentino, where Stoychev achieved enough without the so called superstars, he's been practically out of work. He couldn't even unpack his luggage in a couple of months in Modena and Szczecin and it's not fair to look for results there. Sure, you are absolutely right that he is strict, at times too strict, but this is his approach and it has often been successful. If you don't like him, don't sign with him. Most of the better coaches will be demanding in their own way. Unlike the childish Mourinho who has coached big teams all this time and mostly relied on past glory due to the lack of results, Stoychev and his methods, in my humble opinion, tend to do better. He is not a prophet, though, and I will give you that.

• Mourinho? He makes his club pay 200,000,000 euro each summer to buy players andhe can win nothing or a League Cup at best. Radosyno is way more successfull coach. He has his own bad habits anyway.

• Shame for Randazzo - he went out a hero in this match because he was playing very well and he was fired up for the match. Feel sorry for him. He wont be with the national team this year then..

• Shame for Randazzo - he went out a hero in this match because he was playing very well and he was fired up for the match. Feel sorry for him. He wont be with the national team this year then..

Yeah, he won't for sure.

• Sbertoli needs to work on his setting form as the way he raises the ball for Abdel-Aziz is too predictable.

It reminds me a bit of Pankova. :gone:

Latina is leading Civitanova.:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Trento's block and defense is too good for Milano tonight.

#FreeBritney

• Giannelli's playing his best volleyball for more than two weeks since the 2017 superlega semifinal versus Perugia. It helps that he is surrounded with a more talented cast than the last season so the pressure is lesser on him.

#FreeBritney

• He's better think twice before trading Russell for Lanza. :wavy:

I can't watch my team anymore. I find everything so annoying this season. It didn't happen since we signed Beretta: it was a nightmare just like watching Lanza.