Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Lube played horribly at the end of the 1st set.

23:21 lead turns out to be a 23:25 loss.

• Both teams played bad.

Now Set 5 is coming

• Lube 3:2 Verona

Both teams played shaky from time to time. Spirito is the biggest issue for Verona. It seems he totally forgot Manavi's attacking, and using him as a libero. Leal played good in set 4 or 5.

• Still can't believe how poor is Simon on block .

I also can't believe Verona stop serving to Leal after his return. Nearly zero reception attempt in 4th and 5th sets

No coach has enough balls to take off Simon and Leal and play Kovar and Cester + Stankovic.

• Now I understand why Baranowicz is the second setter in Italian NT. Ok, he isnt a top setter, but he is miles better than Spirito.

I know Spirito is younger. But sometimes he plays like an amateur.

• I don't see Potke benched any soon. Lube has one of the best 3 italian MBs, Enrico Cester; Perugia has Galassi and Ricci...

When Anzani and Zaytzev left to Modena, they had to make a try for Mazzone, reduced to a bench player there. I really hate the team this season. There's not a single player I really enjoy watching him. They took me Russell and Anzani. ;(

I say the same everyday. I don't feel the love for Perugia as I've done last year. Maybe I just don't like how they treated Russell who is the best player of their first major trophy and the way they humiliated Zaytsev(if his allegiations were real). Leon is ofcourse a great player but if I were aiming to win everything, I'd try to win with Leon, Russell and Zaytsev who can play either as first, second or third attack option. Not with Leon, Lanza who can't seem to play consistently on a high level and Atanasijevic as the second option in attack.

Now I understand why Baranowicz is the second setter in Italian NT. Ok, he isnt a top setter, but he is miles better than Spirito.

I know Spirito is younger. But sometimes he plays like an amateur.

Travica seems like the second best setter of Italy right now. I wonder if he will be convinced to play as Giannelli's deputy next year for the Azzurri.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().

• As long as Juantorena - I know he said goodbye, but I need to see with my eyes he left for good in order to believe it - is part of the team, there 's no place for Travica. And still I'd rather going with Baranowicz.

• I have no idea Travica's exclusion from the NT runs deeper than playing as reserve for either Baranowicz or an 18 year old Giannelli.

As long as Juantorena - I know he said goodbye, but I need to see with my eyes he left for good in order to believe it - is part of the team, there 's no place for Travica. And still I'd rather going with Baranowicz.

I'm still not used to your new username, Shame. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Well, he was one of those who said NO to Juantorena in NT openly. And I agreed with him: Travica is not an italian surname, just like Zaytsev or Baranowicz, but all those are born - except Dragan - and raised in Italy both as people and as volleyball players. They played youth and junior NTs. The cuban just wanted to play internationally and had nothing to do with Italy before. Of course the italians, well known for their taste for the shortest route, wanted him as part of the team, thinking he could bring a gold medal in a major tournament. They also wanted Simon. :aww:
    Well, epic fail. :whistle:

• Well, he was one of those who said NO to Juantorena in NT openly. And I agreed with him: Travica is not an italian surname, just like Zaytsev or Baranowicz, but all those are born - except Dragan - and raised in Italy both as people and as volleyball players. They played youth and junior NTs. The cuban just wanted to play internationally and had nothing to do with Italy before. Of course the italians, well known for their taste for the shortest route, wanted him as part of the team, thinking he could bring a gold medal in a major tournament. They also wanted Simon. :aww:
    Well, epic fail. :whistle:

If Italy can't fix their OH problems then they might need to take the shorter route again if Juantorena retires. :lol:

#FreeBritney