Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Well, Giannelli sets up fast and the height overcomes the need for jump sets. It's true Russell and Kovacevic are fast OHs but they don't require a fast ball in front or the need for an even lethal opposite should've been of higher priority for Trentino than another high ball attacking OH which they desperately needed last season . They probably need most of that speedier setting from the backrow though as both players are trained to kill BIC sets than pipes but in front. I just have to disagree with your post.

As to attacking ability, I make two categories for OHs.

One category is the "strong" OH like Leon, Kliuka or NGapeth. They can score even with a poor set up, or facing double or triple blocking. They have to deal with most difficult balls.

Another category is the "technique" OH who replies on system and fast setting. They have trouble to do the same spikes as strong OHs do. Both Aaron and Uros are "technique" OH in my opinion. Sure, they can still finish difficult balls once in a while, but their attacking relies on fast set up more than strong OHs do. If a tech OH plays like a strong OH, their attacking efficiency will drop for sure, averagely.

• Trento's reception is overrated. Probably why Scarpetta hates the statisticians upgrading Grebennikov's numbers to something legendary. :gone:One thing you failed to notice is Lube's improvement and they are even a more complete team than Trentino on paper even the bench is better for Lube. Trento play without an opposite. Lube plays with Sokolov. If Lube plays like they do on paper, Trentino's going to have a harder time even with better reception on their side as Vettori's best day just can't beat Sokolov on even his normal days.

Overrated? Check the stats of this game. For the reception, Aaron 75%, Jenia 67%, Uros 57%, you call this reception is overrated? I am curious what kind of the reception is normal according to you standard.

• Overrated? Check the stats of this game. For the reception, Aaron 75%, Jenia 67%, Uros 57%, you call this reception is overrated? I am curious what kind of the reception is normal according to you standard.

I'm actually shocked at how Superlega is being too nice with the reception statistics. It's too high considering how Giannelli is being forced to set in less- desirable locations.

Some people have commented about this and it's my exact sentiment as FIVB would have scored most teams in the negative if they handled the statistics rather than what Superlega is using.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• As to attacking ability, I make two categories for OHs.

One category is the "strong" OH like Leon, Kliuka or NGapeth. They can score even with a poor set up, or facing double or triple blocking. They have to deal with most difficult balls.

Another category is the "technique" OH who replies on system and fast setting. They have trouble to do the same spikes as strong OHs do. Both Aaron and Uros are "technique" OH in my opinion. Sure, they can still finish difficult balls once in a while, but their attacking relies on fast set up more than strong OHs do. If a tech OH plays like a strong OH, their attacking efficiency will drop for sure, averagely.

I think you are overvaluing the strong OHs part. Those fast OHs who aren't as flexible as Russell or Kovacevic will have their average drop even lower without an opposite. Something, Leon and Kliuka had a good one named Mikhailov. A flexible OH is better than just a strong OH. I think Leon and Ngapeth can be very flexible but I feel only Ngapeth can truly play on his own and win because of his skills as receiver and his ability to make others better such as Vettori.

Individually, Leon is a monster not because of his spiking but because of his serve. Take away that part of his arsenal and he'll still be a very good player but more docile without.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think you are overvaluing the strong OHs part. Those fast OHs who aren't as flexible as Russell or Kovacevic will have their average drop even lower without an opposite. Something, Leon and Kliuka had a good one named Mikhailov. A flexible OH is better than just a strong OH. I think Leon and Ngapeth can be very flexible but I feel only Ngapeth can truly play on his own and win because of his skills as receiver and his ability to make others better such as Vettori.

Individually, Leon is a monster not because of his spiking but because of his serve. Take away that part of his arsenal and he'll still be a very good player but more docile without.

I did not mention OPP here, I only talk about OH. I won't use a term like "flexible" to describe an OH. If an OH relies more on set up and system, I call him a tech OH. If an OH relies more on his own ability to score, esp, when dealing with bad balls or open net attacking, I will call him a strong OH.

You think Leon stands out only because of his server not for his spiking? I doubt how many Leon's games you've watched. So far, Italy's Superlega has proceeded to the round 18. Look at attacking Prf.%, Leon has an average of 59.3%, which not only outplayed all OHs in the league, but also outplayed all OPPs in the league (if you find any OPP has a better Prf.% than Leon, please let me know).

• I did not mention OPP here, I only talk about OH. I won't use a term like "flexible" to describe an OH. If an OH relies more on set up and system, I call him a tech OH. If an OH relies more on his own ability to score, esp, when dealing with bad balls or open net attacking, I will call him a strong OH.

You think Leon stands out only because of his server not for his spiking? I doubt how many Leon's games you've watched. So far, Italy's Superlega has proceeded to the round 18. Look at attacking Prf.%, Leon has an average of 59.3%, which not only outplayed all OHs in the league, but also outplayed all OPPs in the league (if you find any OPP has a better Prf.% than Leon, please let me know).

Not having a good opposite isolates your OH. Can you just imagine a top team without any good opposite around? Lube basically lost all major tournaments three seasons ago before Sokolov. That's a big example how an opposite can change everything.

Leon's serve have been the headache of most superlega teams. I'm not sure why you choose to value his spiking over his serve. Without his serve, everyone have a chance. They still have to deal with his spiking but it's much easier to come up with points and not fall behind while you are not getting aced thrice in a row. I haven't even mention the serves that were hard to receive but wasn't a direct point. :lol:

#FreeBritney

• Not having a good opposite isolates your OH. Can you just imagine a top team without any good opposite around? Lube basically lost all major tournaments three seasons ago before Sokolov. That's a big example how an opposite can change everything.

Leon's serve have been the headache of most superlega teams. I'm not sure why you choose to value his spiking over his serve. Without his serve, everyone have a chance. They still have to deal with his spiking but it's much easier to come up with points and not fall behind while you are not getting aced thrice in a row. I haven't even mention the serves that were hard to receive but wasn't a direct point. :lol:

You started to argue with Uros and Aaron's attacking. Then I explained why they are different kinds of OHs than strong OHs like Leon and Kliuka. Why do you want to get OPP involved in this topic? I never deny the importance of an OPP for a team, but we are discussing OH, right?

Prf.% = 59.3% is an insane attacking stat for an OH. Like I said, can you name any OH or OPP in the Superlega who can reach Leon's spike level? If not, what you said "Leon is a monster not because of his spiking but because of his serve." is totally wrong. I did not said Leon's spike is over his serve. Both his serve and spike are No.1 in the league. But you clearly ignored his spike.

• Milano have been blocking really well. How many on Zaytsev?

Milano's blocking is amazing in set 1. Piano contributed 5 blocks and Jan with 2.

Modena played well in set 2. Now they tied at 1:1

• Bednorz saved Modena with some great serves at the end of set 4.

Modena 3:1 Milano

• I'm rooting for Monza. :box:

#FreeBritney

• Lube is on the verge of elimination.

Why isn't Juantorena playing?

Massari is actually playing well so he must been playing bad or injured?

#FreeBritney

• Bruno. That ball is supposed to go to Sokolov. Why for Leal? :white:

#FreeBritney

• Are we seeing another Zenit Kazan'ed from D'Hulst with his float serve? :white:

#FreeBritney

• D'Hulst is rescuing Lube. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Monza is choking.:white:

Edit: Choked.* :white:

#FreeBritney

• Juantorena was injured at the start of second set (score was 4-1 for Lube). He clashed with Simon after a block.

Because he acted like he broke his pelvis, Fefe took him out and never gave him another chance despite his continues requests.

As you can see at the end of the match, there was an argument between coach and player

• OMG, what a game! Lube made a miracle happen again.

Lube made an unbelievable comeback in the game with Kazan at 9:14 in set 5 in FCWC.

Today they did again in set 5 at 11:14 down, and won the game at 19:17.

:woohoo:

• Juantorena was injured at the start of second set (score was 4-1 for Lube). He clashed with Simon after a block.

Because he acted like he broke his pelvis, Fefe took him out and never gave him another chance despite his continues requests.

As you can see at the end of the match, there was an argument between coach and player

He is such a Drama King! :lol: