Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Saishuu thank you very much !

• I just can't with Lube's libero. He is quite a weak link and sometimes very frustrating to watch. I am not so sure that he is the most talented of upcoming young Italian Liberos, because that would be tragic.....

• If only Giannelli can do something about his right side setting. Sometimes it is just painful to look at his predictability with setting his outside hitters but you have to revolutionize your game when the other team can read what you are going to do.

I mean he tried it with Nelli but there's just no rhythm between them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Havent been watching the Modena game - they have risen form the ashes!! As usual Leon has all the pressure it seems..

• Lube 3:1 Trentino

Bruno proved himself again as the best setter in Serie A1. Bruno had some amazing single hand settings, both in game 1 and game 2. His setting at 11:13 in set 5 in game 1 was crucial. Aaron again, had a horrible game. There's no way Trentino could win the game when both Aaron and Vettori's attack are off. Juan's knee injury obviously affected him, but fortunately Leal was on fire.

Modena 3:2 Perugia

Modena played one of his best games in this season. Zaytsev's attack at pos 2 was efficient. In other words, Perugia's blocking was pathetic. When they put Berger on, they have to take Marko out, which made things even worse. Berger had no blocking and no attack. He's simply used as a libero on court. Leon's two spike errors in set 5 were crucial too. DeCecco delivered another bad game. He is the worst setter among top 4 teams in this season.

• I hope Trentino can make a come back and force a fifth game but Lube just looked hungrier and they are playing their best volleyball for this season while Trentino looks lost. Grebennikov, Giannelli and Russell(probably atleast on attack) can all play better.

Credit goes to Bruno in Lube. He's just managing the team with laser focus. Giannelli really have to do his best because there's no one on the bench to take his place. It's just difficult when they are technically the weaker team and Lube is playing like how they are supposed to play for this season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Galassi had 3 blocks. :aww:

Unfortunately Ricci is off his game it seems. He's not the best blocking MB but he usually is good with attack.

#FreeBritney

• Is it me or match by match Leon is losing his effectiveness ? Italian league’s competitive structure is starting to affect him , since he isn’t used to playing back to back tight matches with Kazan . Now at the end of fourth sets and fifth sets ,perhaps because of tiredness, he is making too many mistskes both in service and attack

Trentino-Lube ; for me today MVP was Osmany. He is obviously affected by knee injury (he can’t jump) but today despite struggling in offense, he showed great leadership at the crucial second set . Lube dpesn’t need him to score 30+ points ,they need him to show leadership when things aren’t going well

• Is it me or match by match Leon is losing his effectiveness ? Italian league’s competitive structure is starting to affect him , since he isn’t used to playing back to back tight matches with Kazan . Now at the end of fourth sets and fifth sets ,perhaps because of tiredness, he is making too many mistskes both in service and attack

In my opinion, the litmus test is during the NT season. Leon still has yet to play a whole year as professional and a poland international player.

It's hard to tell with Leon. You have to take into account that he is playing for himself and Lanza on attack and that could just be something he is not used to as a hitter.

#FreeBritney

• What was Giannelli doing blocking at pos 4? lol

Still Giannelli have to improve with his precision. Bruno is just outplaying him but he got two decisive actions at the tiebreak. Bruno is more calm compared to his usual demeanor in court. I think Giannelli also was calmer during fourth and fifth set. If he plays like that more then his decision making is much clearer when it matters.

#FreeBritney

• It is maybe time to retire for Osmany .

I wouldn't go as far as retiring yet but my opinion is I don't believe Lube can compete with Perugia or even Modena in the final once they take the semifinal from Trento now that he have knee problems.

I probably would just focus and heal for the champions league.

I think Kovar is good enough now that Leal is stabilizing. Ofcourse it is a gamble against Trento but if his condition worsens then this season is basically over for Lube.

#FreeBritney

• I enjoyed the match! There were great actions, and Cavuto showed some very nice shots. He has a great talent, he has to show it more often next season, playing regularly.

I'm happy Trentino won, they didn't deserve to go home so soon!

• It is maybe time to retire for Osmany .

Osmany needs to start adding more to his game to both preserve his body, and also to make points easier. A few times he is being blocked one on one because he is trying to bury the ball all the time. Because he likes to play the very fast tempo ball his hitting options are quite limited, and his opponents know ho to block him. He is a very good player, but he does need to add more variety to his game now - especially given that there has been talk that he has knee injuries, etc. It's obviously not easy to do, and players like Kubiak and Uros play like that naturally - but he could really try to start hitting high off the block, wipe offs etc, which he could do. Lube can also go through a lot of phases playing out of system, this would help him a lot....