Asian Games 2018 Indonesia

• No one knows Nagaoka better than Nakada.

She's still at the stage of psychological doubts after her injury and surgery.

I also don't think Nagaoka is the solution to Japan's problems. She in fact worsening their reception because she's not part of the passing unit and she doesn't score consistently.

What Japan needs is a player that is like Risa Shinnabe but an evolution including the height. A player like her who can free up a pos 4 and 6 player from reception will help in varying the offense of Japan that is just going worse when an opposite can't receive.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I can’t think of any apart from koga, but i think she is being rested for World Champs. Seems like Coach Nakada is more into offensive than defensive. As they seem to struggle in defence, which is they are known for. I hope they can resolve this or it won’t be a good result for them this coming World Champs.

• A day of reckoning for Coach Nakada.

I've been traveling and didn't get to watch the semis or the finals. Big big congratulations to Thailand!

• I'd really like to watch the Thailand v Korea match if anyone finds a stream.

This was the most un-televised tournament I've experienced. :wall:

• wish granted :drink:

You are a superstar. Thank you! :drink:

• CHN NT has had OPP passing/receiving serve for a long time now. they use a mixed reception system, in some rotations OPP has to pass to relieve the front row OH. not only gong and zeng are good passers, i think even back when they had zhang lei, she was a passing OPP.

• have you guys notice the new quicker play of the USA women's team is very similar to how the Thai's style of playing? However, USA are more effective due to their height advantage in blocking and attacking, otherwise are pretty much the similar play style. That makes me, wonder...had the Thai ladies been a few inches taller, perhaps the results would have been different.:dance6::lol:

• have you guys notice the new quicker play of the USA women's team is very similar to how the Thai's style of playing? However, USA are more effective due to their height advantage in blocking and attacking, otherwise are pretty much the similar play style. That makes me, wonder...had the Thai ladies been a few inches taller, perhaps the results would have been different.:dance6::lol:

I've noticed it. I'm liking the USA team more these days because of it. There's two sides to quickness, though. There's the offensive speed of the pass and set, and there's the defensive speed of the dig and dive. Smaller bodies are lower to the ground and have less weight to move around. If you can't block it, you have to dig it.

I'm so impressed with Thailand this tournament. They showed up against China with a beautifully relaxed attitude of "Yeah, we belong here". They lost, but they lost with their pride intact. China isn't just another Asian team. They got a whole other thing going on.

• I honestly don't see the resemblance between teams.

I think USA is like Japan and Brazil was more Thailand during Fofao's time but I feel both USA and Brazil are more Japanese-y now with how the teams can integrate the pipe to their offense. Thais are more combination offense and no countries even Japan does that anymore in my opinion.

Maybe there's the slide attack comparisons but USA is so far advanced because of the Middle Blockers'athleticism and the american setters pushing the limit of their MBs to chase for the ball almost as close to the antenna.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Rains I think all we're talking about is the fast pass/fast set. I'm onboard with everything else you wrote (except the part about Fofao because that was before my time :)).

Some of Thailand's combination plays look like optical illusions to me. Love 'em.