2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship

• Women's level are really low. In men's world club championship, even those weak teams can put up a fight, whereas in women's, the weak teams look like amateurs...

its like comparing an apple with a pear..however i feel like being agree with you for some reason

• makes no sense to say the level is not good when a game ended in 3-2 16/14... But u can say that if u watched the other 2 games.

Volero played well and put up on a big fight......crovoley is just butt hurt because there`s no Italian teams.

let`s see what the level will be when Novara and Conegliano faces Vakf. and Vitra.....

not to mention....Novara is playing the most boring volleyball in Europe where only 1 player scores....did u see who was Mina`s best score??? Carol Gataz....something very rare when a MB is the best score...but in the Superliga the middle blockers are usually the team`s best score.

• I can watch it in its entirety on TV but I don't really feel like it. ^^

Minas vs Volero sounded interesting, maybe I'll take a look at it tonight.

I would rather prefer Serbia vs Denmark in womens handball ECH tonight if I was from Serbia, although I am not a particulary entusiastic handball-follower at all. The quality is very dull so far in this tournament to me.

• its like comparing an apple with a pear..however i feel like being agree with you for some reason

It´s just that the men´s tournament had a more loop-sided geographical selection wheareas the female tournament is more diversified through its balance between the hemispheres with three, all weak, teams from Asia while in the men´s tournament 6/8 teams came from Europe and with a Brazilian team as one of the remnants. I am sure the male tournament would have looked far more "amateurish" in case it had comprised crews from the cannon-fodder hotbeds of Kazakhstan and Thailand as well.

• Women's level are really low. In men's world club championship, even those weak teams can put up a fight, whereas in women's, the weak teams look like amateurs...

This are not the world best clubs so I’m not surprised(I mean they aren’t all here). Italian clubs only can beat Turkish ones and other way, but they are not in this competition.

• It´s just that the men´s tournament had a more loop-sided geographical selection wheareas the female tournament is more diversified through its balance between the hemispheres with three, all weak, teams from Asia while in the men´s tournament 6/8 teams came from Europe and with a Brazilian team as one of the remnants. I am sure the male tournament would have looked far more "amateurish" in case it had comprised crews from the cannon-fodder hotbeds of Kazakhstan and Thailand as well.

same here

• This are not the world best clubs so I’m not surprised(I mean they aren’t all here). Italian clubs only can beat Turkish ones and other way, but they are not in this competition.

Since 2011 = 1 CEV Champions League for Italy and 6 for Turkey. So, sure, italian clubs can beat turkish ones :)

We have a world championship with winner of continental cups. If you want an all-European competition, go watch the CEV ones. Men "World" Championship was a joke with Russian, 2 Italian, Polish teams... Volley is as much euro-centric it can be already

• I would rather prefer Serbia vs Denmark in womens handball ECH tonight if I was from Serbia, although I am not a particulary entusiastic handball-follower at all. The quality is very dull so far in this tournament to me.

Oh, if only you know how many times I got my heart broken because of women's handball over the years. :wall:At one point I even swore I'd never watch it again, LOL.

But of course I did watch this game. Luckily so, as it turned out. ^^

I'm not really feeling this event so far. The difference between the teams is just too big. Hopefully it gets more interesting from the semis on.

• It looks like no drama so far. Vakif and ECZ will take the 1st place in their group. The chances that they meet in the final are big.

• Since 2011 = 1 CEV Champions League for Italy and 6 for Turkey. So, sure, italian clubs can beat turkish ones :)

We have a world championship with winner of continental cups. If you want an all-European competition, go watch the CEV ones. Men "World" Championship was a joke with Russian, 2 Italian, Polish teams... Volley is as much euro-centric it can be already

The question is: do you want a competitive group of clubs or a world balanced selection? The most competetive solution would have been at most times to take the two best clubs of Istanbul, Italy, Russia and Brazil each. A more balanced solution will for sure weaken the field of participants.

• Great first set: when Volero threatened seriously with a set loss for VakifBank, they woke up "sleeping dragon" very early, and indeed mainly Zhu Ting not only averted this, but was main reason for winning in the end 25:21 for VakifBank, what it definitely not looked like the most time in the set. Still a great fight of Volero, but they simply can't win it...

• Was Sloetjes injured? Hope she's ok.

Vakif can win this game w/o Sloetjes, but w/o Sloetjes, it's hard for Vakif to beat ECZ.

Volero's setter is a loophole. She set up some terrible balls.

• Why is Casanova not playing?😱

• Volero fight a bit in the 1st set, but bad reception and setting made them collapse in set 2 and 3.

Vakif advanced to semi for sure.

• I'm wondering what the long term is for Sloetjes and Vakif now that Karakut has started for two straight matches when there is no foreigner limit. VLC was very competitive in that first set.

Sloetjes will still be Vakifs starting opp. Guidetti is training Karakurt to grow in these important competitions starting off against these weaker teams. Long term I think if not next year, the following year might be time for Sloetjes to part ways with the team, unless she doesn't mind rotating from the bench.