2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship

• Stats don't do much for me as usual, Zehra hasn't been good until the final 4. Based on Final 4 I would pick Zehra. Also I think its great to encourage young players with these awards.

Either way it is normal to give awards based on stats so I'm fine with it. I'm not angry at it or something, just would have loved Robinson and Zehra getting awards after their splendid F4 perf.

What is really important is they are all world champs!! CONGRATS girls :drink:

• oh and Zehra hasn't played all matches, Kübra played some so its normal. So I think in this case the amount of kills blocks etc is not the most fair thing to compare. Still I agree Milena was better overall, btw her Final perf. was good too, she was finally attacking well

• Rasic gets an award every time. :lol:

I’m not complaining though, she pretty much always deserves it, she is always in the best 3 or 4 MBs at least.

• This competition though is really all about Zhu Ting, she is playing at home, so its inevitable..

And if it was not for Zhu they would be playing in front of a empty arena....Chinese fans did not even showed up to support their own team.

99% of the crowed showed up only because of Zhu.....if she was not playing maybe there would be 100 people at the most in arena.

• Vakifbank are truly an outstanding team. They level they bring and the consistency they can have at key moments sets a very good standard for women's volleyball. They have the balance just right, and all players complement each other.

Not sure why Turkish anthem is being played....

• LMAO

If you just think hard enough you might realize..

While it may 'apparently' be obvious, it just strikes me as not really appropriate for club competitions like this one. They 'key players' are not Turkish. Yes it is Turkish money that has made the club happen - A national anthem is paying homage to an achievement from a national team - players native or transfered to that country.

So no, it isn't obvious actually

• While it may 'apparently' be obvious, it just strikes me as not really appropriate for club competitions like this one. They 'key players' are not Turkish. Yes it is Turkish money that has made the club happen - A national anthem is paying homage to an achievement from a national team - players native or transfered to that country.

So no, it isn't obvious actually

Ugh, sorry I can't with you.

You seem to be a fan of Cuban NT so a long time volley fan? Then you should know about volleyball history, period.

Some people always need to talk down on stuff and try to make something positive, negative smh

Volleyball is a team sport, it is not just about the key players, it is not only about Zhu Ting. It is a family named VakifBank. You think if Budowlani Lodz, Zhejiang, Altay could afford to pay Zhu they would just be world champions, no!

Eczacibasi even, a Turkish team is a great example still of that.

Turkish anthem <3 for a Turkish champion with an amazing Chinese MVP you can hate all you want

• Like, this is really exaggerating, you might say she's good at attacking, or better than Rasic, but she only had one block yesterday, whereas Rasic had 8, this is no way the same level...

For some reason people are freaking out every time she doesn't kill every single ball. While it's true that her hitting percentage is not as high as it was a couple of years ago, it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. And she more than makes up for it with her blocking, which is certainly not matched by any of her teammates.

• Dont get dramatic lol. I expressed an opinion. Its ok not to agree with me but the personal attack about 'talk down stuff, being negative' blah blah - those are your own issues - don't project them. All you had to say was you actually agree with it. Or maybe ask why I don't agree, as is meant to be done in a discussion forum.

This doesn't happen all the time - it doesn't even happen with champions league - nor did it happen with the men. I have always assumed it was, rightfully so, respecting all players, rather than celebrating a country- as you say, that WOULD be team effort. I have no ill feeling towards Vakifbank - I actually really like what Guidetti does with that team - he is a model in that respect. I quite like Zhu Ting as well, who wouldn't, she is an amazing layer raising the profile of a sport I love. So no, I wont be dragged into YOUR negativity. clearly you can't have a rational discussion about this - and really that's ok too:-)

bye.

• ''yes it is 'Turkish money'... " sorry but I'm over this and it annoys me. Which is why I responded the way I did. The team wouldn't be where it is without money but there are multiple 100s of people working in VakifBank and they all are a piece to the success puzzle. I find this way of speech disrespectful at this point. Money is in VakifBank, in Eczaci, in Conegliano, Novara even Praia looks like a fair rich club. There are many more clubs like this, one is a bit richer, way richer then the rest but there is still one VakifBank ;)