Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• Kurobe Aqua Fairies doing the Seagull Secret Society Handshake:

I thought it was an exclusive Okayama thing

• There are a bunch of youtube sites I visit for V.League related videos and almost all of them have deleted hundreds of videos in the last week. Pooshan1053 has gutted their site, which is odd because none of it was "broadcast" video.

The world is coming to an end. I wonder how this all came about.

Amazingly the N K channel is still uploading 1080s of recent matches.

• The PFU BlueCats v Denso Airybees match that was scheduled to be broadcast on V.TV this Saturday has been moved to DAZN.

This is crazy now

• Anybody know what these little doohickeys are that Toyota are wearing at the back of their necks? I think I saw them on Hisamitsu as well.

• No streams :(

:wall:

• Hisamitsu v Toyota

Bad soundtrack, but the stream's not bad

• Hisamitsu is 1 point away (Okayama loses 2 sets or Springs win 2 sets) from clinching their playoff berth in the West.

Hitachi will clinch their berth in the East with a win over Toray today.

• Brankica is not playing for JT Kamulthala is

With Thai or Viet commentary. I'm bad at SE Asian languages.

• PFU Blue Cats are all but guaranteed to be in the bottom 3 teams right now. NEC is the only Eastern team not at 7 wins, and Blue Cats need 7 straight wins to even have a chance.

Kurobe has 6 matches to play and can reach 8 wins. So here are the magic numbers (team wins and Kurobe losses) for the Eastern teams.

Hitachi 1

Denso and Saitama Ageo 2

NEC 3

In the West Okayama can reach 12 wins, with 8 matches left. Here are the Western magic numbers.

Hisamitsu 1

JT Marvelous & Toyota Auto Body 4

Toray 6

Okayama could tie the Springs on points with 8 straight wins (none going 5 sets), but if they lose 2 sets in a match or the Springs win 2 sets, Hisamitsu will clinch.

JT may regret not playing Brankica (barely in the 5th) against Ageo, which was a winnable match. Now tied with Toyota at 9-4 in the West, but they do have the points advantage. Still they have a head to head to come.

West is still 26-7 with the loss by JT against the East. 4 of those losses are by Okayama (Hitachi x2, NEC & Ageo). 2 by JT (Hitachi & Ageo). Toray lost to Denso.

• She came in when they were down 13-11 in the tiebreak to try to pull off a win. she almost did it but, alas

• I think Briankica Has the flu or more likely strep throat. It looked like she was having trouble swallowing

• JT may regret not playing Brankica

JT is a good team even without Brankica.

I think the regret should come from not playing OH Yuka Meguro instead of Yuka Kitsui. And I'm not sure Kaewkalaya Kamulthala has proven herself yet over Anna Ogawa at MB.

Yuka Kitsui 5/18 @27.8% (Meguro is batting 41% on the season with 64% reception)

Kotona Hayashi 25/59 @42.4%

Mizuki Tanaka 28/63 @44.4%

Aika Akutagawa 11/22 @50%

Kamulthala 1/7 , 2 blocks

Keti 26/51 @51% The end of the match was Keti vs Brankica. Keti won.

• How do the play-off work this season?

Top four teams from each Conference will play a straight up Round Robin.

The Round Robin is about points, not victories

The top teams from each Conference get 6 gift points to start. 2nd placers get 4 points, 3rd place 2, 4th zero)

At the end of the Round Robin the top team hangs out while the 2nd and 3rd place teams play a 2 match whoop-de-doo. A Golden Set will be deployed if necessary.

The Final is also 2 matches.

brahmin did I get that right? :rolll:

• How do the play-off work this season?

Top Four teams in each conference make the Final 8 playoffs. Bottom three teams will have their own playoff for relegation (if there will be, due to licensing issues).

Final 8

Top team in regular season in each conference gets 6 points to start Final 8. Then 4, 2, 0.

It is a single-round robin, so play 7 matches.

The team with the most points at the end goes directly to the Final.

2nd and 3rd place teams advance to Final 3 (semifinal).

Tiebreaker is regular season position (not mentioned are points vs. wins)

Final 3

Best of 2, only wins count. If tied at 1-1 each, then a Golden Set to 25 (different than in Europe).

Final

Best of 2, only wins count. If tied at 1-1 each, then a Golden Set to 25 (different than in Europe).