5th place: Denso Airybees
    6th place: NEC Red Rockets
    7th place: Saitama Ageo Medics
    8th place: Hitachi Rivale
    9th place: Okayama Seagulls
    10th place: KUROBE Aqua Fairies
    11th place: PFU Blue Cats

Source

• Kulan 47/88 .....what?? That`s really impressive :white:. Did she score 50 points? not counting the Golden Set?

Yep 50 points. Jana was so important for Toray--and other players were important as well--but the thing about Jana is she improved incrementally throughout the season. She grew taller, too. I swear. So by the time we got to the finals she had lifted the team to PEAK TORAY. That's what you want if you're a coach.

• On the other hand :) I'd like to see the League put a cap on how many points a player can score in one game. Say, 25 (blocks and aces wouldn't count against it). If they go over, they have to leave the game. This would force teams to figure out better, more entertaining ways to play volleyball :rolll:

This would only apply to foreigners. If an Okayama NoSmiler wants to score 50, they're welcome to do it

• On the other hand :) I'd like to see the League put a cap on how many points a player can score in one game. Say, 25 (blocks and aces wouldn't count against it). If they go over, they have leave the game. This would force teams to figure out better, more entertaining ways to play volleyball :rolll:

This would only apply to foreigners. If any Okayama player wants to score 50, they're welcome to do it

Well... That happens in Europe as well. Egonu just scored 39 points against Vakifbank ( she took 77 swings) .

Egonu has scored 46 in one game, 2 seasons ago.

• Well... That happens in Europe as well. Egonu just scored 39 points against Vakifbank ( she took 77 swings) .

Egonu has scored 46 in one game, 2 seasons ago.

I know, and of course I'm kidding, and I admire in an off-handed way any player who can do that. But for entertainment purposes ... ya know. This isn't golf :whistle::rolll:

• It's a different match. I don't think it should count.

• I don't know. This is just my opinion But I think it does count . It counted for Egonu's CL Game as she scored 39. ( I'm not sure how many came from the Golden Set) Last year it counted for Nelishan as well.

It is not a different match. It is just a extra set. Unless there's a rule where a official volleyball match can only go for 5 sets.

• I don't know. This is just my opinion But I think it does count . It counted for Egonu's CL Game as she scored 39. ( I'm not sure how many came from the Golden Set) Last year it counted for Nelishan as well.

It is not a different match. It is just a extra set. Unless there's a rule where a official volleyball match can only go for 5 sets.

It's a different match... the GS is based on two matches. It's like a tie break for two cumulative previous matches.

• Good to see Foluke winning so many awards, and of course her team winning.

I'm surprised Jana did so well. I remember I was always wondering how can a player her size be that bad of an attacker

Being free from reception burden is the key to success for Yana IMHO.

I think she is one of the best foreign players who ever played for Toray, along with De la Cruz (07-08) and Zhang Yuehong (08-09).

I wonder Toray extend the contact with Yana because Toray is the team which don't extend the contact with foreign players basically (only exception was Adams Monique who played for 03-05 season).

• Speaking of The Golden Set, N K has posted it in case anyone wants to watch it just for the crying parts at the end:

• I really wish I knew why Toray played this Final Stage, let alone the whole season, without Mari Horikawa on the court. What is the dang deal with that?

• I broke down and watched Sets 4 and 5. Quite a bit better than the first three. And it was music to my ears. I need a source that will tell me who calls these matches.

Not sure if I'll watch the Golden Set. Doesn't seem like it went very well. Probably will, because I'm a completist*.

*noun

an obsessive, typically indiscriminate, collector or fan of something.

It is a different match because it is a tiebreaker. CEV states in documentation that the Golden Set will have a 3 minute interval (similar to normal set break). Also the 2nd match “Away” leg data has to be finalized after the Golden Set. Data is kept separate for the “away” and Golden Set, and uploaded separately.

V League had the Golden Set data completely separate from 5-Set match.

I thought the separation between was 30 minutes, but it was still 17 (4:30-4:47, per stat sheets). Still a longer break than CEV and also to 25 points not 15. So in my mind, they are not comparable, and hence not a record. Still 50 in the women’s game is a big number.

• I really wish I knew why Toray played this Final Stage, let alone the whole season, without Mari Horikawa on the court. What is the dang deal with that?

Injury and (probably) coach's decision.

1. Horikawa got injured on her right finger before opening match and she couldn't block, so Kanno didn't use her on front row at the beginning of the season.

2. Kanno basically likes offensive roster (2 seasons ago, he used Sakoda-Horikawa at the same time and Kimura sisters did 2 players passing), so I guess he was thinking Kulan-Kurogo-Horikawa was the best line-up before starting this season.

But watching a) Kulan's passing skill , b) this affects to her attacking performance and c) Horikawa's performance after injury, he probably changed his mind Kulan concentrating on offence and using 2nd libero (Nakata) is better than using these offensive trio.

Sorry for my poor English!