Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• I hope Jaja comes back next year. I enjoyed her. Foreign players usually split after the regular season, but Christiane Furst played with Denso in last year's Kurowashiki Black Eagle tournament, so I dunno.

If the date on that video is for a match played last week and Jaja is there, then yeah, she's back in the Philippines. A lot of leagues let teams hire or borrow pickup players to help them win important matches. Strange practice, but Jaja played for Foton before coming to Japan anyway. Probably more important for Jaja to help her home team win than to play in the Black Eagle tournament with Saitama.

• Jaja may have been on loan one way or the other (Philippine team still holds right but on loan in Japan to Ageo or reverse) as to why she is playing after the season in Japan.

• I really don't know what the deal is between Foton and Ageo Medics, but Jaja will return to Japan to play for Ageo later this year. Incidentally, this article states that she hopes that Ageo allows her to return home to play for the national team in December.

https://www.spin.ph/multisport…-20190412?ref=site_search

May be a multiple year deal between teams written into the contract.

• What would the Thai (oops) PHI NT be doing in December? :/

• and the host is Philippines. so, the country really needs her. but still depends on federation and ageo's decision.

I had no idea. I'm gonna side with Jaja on this. Nov 30-Dec 10. She could take off on the 25th, if that would give her enough ramp up time, miss 4 games. Saitama has Kyōko Aoyagi and their captain, Maruyama, is a decent MB. They can cover. LOL, I have no idea how these kind of things go down.

• Here's one for the "Leaving Organization" files:

JA Gifu is being gutted

Satomi Imai - Starting OH

Miho Sasaki - Starting MB

Haruka Sano - Backup Setter

They are listed as 退団 which my translator translates as "Leaving" when done solo. When the whole line is translated it's, for example: "2019/3/31 Miho Sasaki jagif Rio Lena retired".

In contrast to 移籍希望 which is what Saki Goya is listed as. "Transfer request". There is a further comment on Saki's line:

退団から変更 (Change from leaving?) I don't know if that means she doesn't want to leave or what.

I was least enamored of Saki Goya from the outstanding Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku main crew.

Source PDF

• This Week's Transfers list is the same as last week, with that extra comment line next to Saki Goya - 退団から変更- I think that means she's changed her mind and wants to remain an Okayama NoSmiler.

• This Week's Transfers list is the same as last week, with that extra comment line next to Saki Goya - 退団から変更- I think that means she's changed her mind and wants to remain an Okayama NoSmiler.

On that transfer list thing, I think Saki Goya status has changed from "Leaving" to "Transfer Request" (the same as Kanon Sonoda) so that why they wrote the comment 退団から変更 (Change from Leaving). So I think she is still leaving Okayama.

• On that transfer list thing, I think Saki Goya status has changed from "Leaving" to "Transfer Request" (the same as Kanon Sonoda) so that why they wrote the comment 退団から変更 (Change from Leaving). So I think she is still leaving Okayama.

that's what I meant :rolll: I just can't do this translation thing

• JA Gifu is being gutted

Satomi Imai - Starting OH

Miho Sasaki - Starting MB

Haruka Sano - Backup Setter

I forgot to add:

Sakiko Nakamura - All Star OH

This is really something for a team that was a heartbeat away from promoting to V1. Kino Yoshii is all alone now. :(

Source

• All Star game has come and gone. Japan celebrated it and showed the world who loves volleyball most by keeping it under wraps. The only good to come from splitting Division 1 into Conferences is that the All Star game makes sense now.

Home Team Away Team
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total
    Division 1:
    Chiba-kun (East)
    0–3 V.Lea (West) 15-25 20-25 14-15 44–65
    Division 2:
    Team Chiba-kun 21 Team V.Lea 17-25 25-15 16-14 58–54

Division 1 Western Conference continues its crushing blows to the East :lol:

Division 1 Awards:

• Seresupo Award: Team V.Lea Haruka Miyashita (Okayama Seagulls)
    • Nishitetsu Travel Award: Team Chiba-kun Airi Tahara (Denso Airybees)
    • Jo's Garden Award (Grand Prize? MVP?): Team V.Lea Love, After Dark (Toray Arrows)
    • Girls Fight Award: Team V.Lea Megumi Kurihara (JT Marvelous)

Division 2 Awards:

• Seresupo Award: Team V.Lea Zhang 歓歓 (Osaka Superiors)
    • Nishitetsu Travel Award: Team V.Lea Yuka Kanasugi (Victory Na Himeji)
    • Jo's Garden Award (Grand Prize? MVP?): Team Chiba-kun Sakiko Nakamura (JA Gifu Riorena)

Next Season Schedule Announcements

2019-20 season, kicks off on October 12, 2019, it will be held in the period up to January 26, 2020.

The 18 pieces of special shape panel Mikasa Co., Ltd. Shin ball Co., Ltd., which was uniformly placed in order to optimize the visibility and aerodynamics "V200W" was decided in official use sphere.

• Next Season Schedule Announcements

2019-20 season, kicks off on October 12, 2019, it will be held in the period up to January 26, 2020.

The 18 pieces of special shape panel Mikasa Co., Ltd. Shin ball Co., Ltd., which was uniformly placed in order to optimize the visibility and aerodynamics "V200W" was decided in official use sphere.

They are moving the season way up in order for the national team to be prepared for the Olympics. And when I mean prepared, I mean exhausted. I mean six months, including the VNL for the team of preparation.

The new Mikasa ball was used in a match, if you can call this a match, for the first time today.

• N K youtuber has posted the V1 All Star game. It looks like all the players put decals on their faces. Because. Party. I'm going to sit through this. I know I'm going to

• They are moving the season way up in order for the national team to be prepared for the Olympics. And when I mean prepared, I mean exhausted. I mean six months, including the VNL for the team of preparation.

The new Mikasa ball was used in a match, if you can call this a match, for the first time today.

Just 3 months for this coming season? That's very short. How can they complete the schedule with 11-12teams with that time line? 😂

• Just 3 months for this coming season? That's very short. How can they complete the schedule with 11-12teams with that time line? 😂

Something like Every team plays in-conference teams twice = 10 matches ... And "AC Warfare" teams once = 6 matches ... for a total of 16 instead of the 20 they played this season. That's my guess

• They are going to play 2 matches a weekend at least. I think that the Final 8 will be dropped to a Final 4, which will be semifinals and final both rounds in a single match, instead of the two-match series.

They can play 22 matches, with a 2 week break for Empress Cup but there is no break otherwise.