2018 Asian Women's Volleyball Cup

• In theory, may not Chen Xin-tong (S), Chen Pei-yan (OP), Ren Kai-yi (OH/OP) and Che Wen-han (OH/OP) play at least one match in this tournament?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Thanacha (young 18 y/o Thai #21, she started set 1&2 vs AUS) is a nice filler for the NT in the absence of Chatchu-On. She basically has all the skills Chatchu-On has, just a tiny bit taller, but still very raw and even more error prone. Maybe in a couple of years, she will get to join the senior team permanently.....I also love whenever Pluemjit does pipe attacks hahaha. Her prior training as a spiker to a MB and being athletic probably helps too, but it's always a nice treat to see them either way. Btw, how many other MB does pipes? I've heard of the Cubans doing it, such as Nancy Carrillo.

small clip of her pipe's/back row attacks

• For me Hwang Min-Kyung and Go Ye-Rim ain't doing much better than the other younger players and high school students. To be fair the southpaw OP Na Hyun-Soo and #14 Park Hye-Min are still students so they will make mistakes (btw they just got drafted today,

I did not know Korea was using super youngsters like that. I'll cut them some slack. I'm surprised you aren't impressed with Go Ye-Rim, though. It seems she's been performing quite well. I haven't watched KOR v TPE yet but saw that she scored 24 in the loss. (agree with you on Hwang, however)

Damn semi finals are on at 2:00 and 4:30 AM for me :mad:

• I did not know Korea was using super youngsters like that. I'll cut them some slack. I'm surprised you aren't impressed with Go Ye-Rim, though. It seems she's been performing quite well. I haven't watched KOR v TPE yet but saw that she scored 24 in the loss. (agree with you on Hwang, however)

Damn semi finals are on at 2:00 and 4:30 AM for me :mad:

Go Ye-Rim played so much better in Korea loss against Chinese Taipei. But she wasn't that great in their 1st match against Japan, 11 kills from 51 attempts. Second match against Thailand, as she only played like 1.5 set and scored 3 points I can't really say much.

About their QF match, both of the Korean MBs were ineffective and non-existence in that match. Also, I still can't see what you like about the Korean libero. Korea only came with 12 players whilst other team have 14 players. IMO they should have brought along another MB (1 setter turn MB, 1 rookie, and 1 high school student who just got drafted + she mainly play as an OH), 1 more libero and at least 1 experienced setter instead of just bring 2 inexperienced setters.

Just go to sleep, you can watch it when you wake up I'm sure it will be online somewhere.

• Go Ye-Rim played so much better in Korea loss against Chinese Taipei. But she wasn't that great in their 1st match against Japan, 11 kills from 51 attempts. Second match against Thailand, as she only played like 1.5 set and scored 3 points I can't really say much.

About their QF match, both of the Korean MBs were ineffective and non-existence in that match. Also, I still can't see what you like about the Korean libero. Korea only came with 12 players whilst other team have 14 players. IMO they should have brought along another MB (1 setter turn MB, 1 rookie, and 1 high school student who just got drafted + she mainly play as an OH), 1 more libero and at least 1 experienced setter instead of just bring 2 inexperienced setters

Go and Ha have been the only two making an impression on me. I only pay attention to stats if they reinforce what I already believe to be true. If they don't, I'll insist they are meaningless. That's how I roll :rolll:.

I guess the libero had one good game. I went back and looked at the v JPN game assuming it would be a different invisible libero. Same one, so I dunno. I judge liberos on block coverage and defense against tips--in other words never, ever, let the ball hit the floor in front of the three point line. Libero KIM did an entertainingly good job in that area against THA. But you know all these players better than I do.

I don't know if the setter is any good but she's an entertaining goofball. Always a bad hair day. Sweats a lot. She does seem a little overwhelmed at even this level of competition, but I find her endearing

• Youtuber Volleyball Online HD, who had been streaming some of this tournament's matches, with just crowd and court noise (awesome) and reasonable 720hd, has taken down the ones they already streamed. Bummer. Probably won't be streaming the upcoming matches. :(

• 6th AVC Cup for Women – Asian Volleyball Confederation – AVC

21 September 2018

(Thailand Time: UTC/GMT +7 hours)

Semi-finals

Match SF1

16.00 (Thailand Time: UTC/GMT +7 hours)

Chinese Taipei vs Japan

https://www.facebook.com/Volle…/videos/2392040524158874/

Match SF2

18:30 (Thailand Time: UTC/GMT +7 hours)

Thailand vs China (Live: *SMM TV & **Thairath TV)

*SMM TV

http://tv.trueid.net/live/smmtv

**Thairath TV

https://www.thairath.co.th/tv/live

• China hits the ball harder than other teams in this tournament. Thailand doesn't have their mojo working yet.

• Sun Hai-ping is perfect.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• A slide attack extravaganza by China. They have mid-day energy. Thailand a little snoozy.

• China keeps a record that must participate in the final matches of AVC Cup.

Congratulations!

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Congrats China! and good job Thailand for putting up a valiant fight to a tie break. Liu Yanhan scored a match high of 42 pts. Is that a record for her so far? I remembered Li Ying Ying had a 40 or 50? something pts too during the recent Chinese league. Though I haven't seen the stats, Lui must have gotten the bulk of the sets.

• September 21, 2019 (QF 5-10 and SF 1-4)

Teams Results Stats
    KAZ– VIE 0-3 - (16-25, 14-25, 15-25) P-2 (KAZ-VIE)
    IRI – AUS 3-1 - (22-25, 25-23, 25-22, 25-20) P-2 (IRI-AUS)
    PHI – KOR 1-3 - (13-25, 26-24, 7-25, 21-25) P-2 (PHI-KOR)
    TPE – JPN 1-3 - (15-25, 20-25, 25-21, 23-25) P-2 (TPE-JPN)
    THA - CHN
    2-3 - (18-25, 21-25, 27-25, 25-22, 10-15) P-2 (THA-CHN)

Finals - Sunday September 23, 2019 (Thailand Time: UTC/GMT +7 hours):

16:00 THA v TPE Bronze

18:30 CHN v JPN Gold

• Congrats China! and good job Thailand for putting up a valiant fight to a tie break. Liu Yanhan scored a match high of 42 pts. Is that a record for her so far? I remembered Li Ying Ying had a 40 or 50? something pts too during the recent Chinese league. Though I haven't seen the stats, Lui must have gotten the bulk of the sets.

I've been known to misread stats before, so, caution. Liu was 40/66 which suggests quality over quantity.

• I've been known to misread stats before, so, caution. Liu was 40/66 which suggests quality over quantity.

not sure if i'm reading it correctly, but based on this http://asianvolleyball.net/wp-…Bulletin_AVCW2018_No6.pdf

compared to the other two double digit scorers(12/23 and 10/25), she got the bulk of the sets 40/66, but her rate is impressive and Thailand's smaller blockers couldn't stop her. So, yeah it's quantity with 66 balls, but quality with 40 successful swing spikes lol.

22 September 2018

South Korea vs Iran (Live: *SMM TV, **Thairath TV & ***YouTube - Thairath )

*SMM TV

**Thairath TV

***YouTube - Thairath

23 September 2018

Third Place

16:00 (Thailand Time: UTC/GMT +7 hours)

Thailand vs Chinese Taipei (Live: *SMM TV & **Thairath TV)

Finals

China vs Japan (Live: *SMM TV & **Thairath TV)

*SMM TV

**Thairath TV

• Redeeming game for Liu Yan Han. I have always liked her fighting spirit, it's just sad that after all these years her reception still hasn't improved.

Thaisa of Brazil does the pipe too (a lot of times actually), for the one asking above. See 2012 London game vs China, Dani Lins sets her pipes back to back.