Greece - Volley League 2018-19

• He plays only in cev cup because in greek league the limit of foreigners is 4.

I don't like their management this season. I won't be surprised if Panathinaikos would took the title from them in the play-offs.

The greens look like a real time, while the red and whites look like a bunch of good players put together.

• I don't like their management this season. I won't be surprised if Panathinaikos would took the title from them in the play-offs.

The greens look like a real time, while the red and whites look like a bunch of good players put together.

Panathinaikos has two very young and talented OHs from Greece.For sure with a very low budget they have made a very nice team but Olympiakos is two steps upper.

• Olympiakos had two bad results (lost 3-2 from Foinikas and 3-1 from Kifisia) but last week they beat 3-1 PAOK and they took the first place of the regular season.

• Ohhhh once again Olympiakos looses the Greek Cup against Paok:white::white::white:

This is whats happens when you hire a mediocre coack like Muñoz Benitez. He is an expert of winning almost nothing with great teams like Arkas Izmir or Ziraat in Turkey or Olympiakos in Greece. Good job by their volleyball agency, finding amazing clubs with good budget for that coach.

If Olympiakos wants to have better results next season, they should hire a better coach and fire some overrated players from the same agency.

• PAOK overwhelm Iraklis in all-Thessaloniki Greek Cup Final

Ierapetra_001.jpgIerapetra, Greece, April 21, 2019. PAOK THESSALONIKI celebrated their third men’s Greek Cup title Saturday night before a sell-out crowd in Europe’s southernmost town after beating crosstown rivals Iraklis Petosferisi 2015 THESSALONIKI 3-1 (20-25, 25-12, 25-20, 27-25).

It took PAOK three match balls to finish the game, as Iraklis tried in vain to force the game into a tiebreak.

Led by USA’s Garrett Muagututia who scored a match-high 23 points, and the Netherlands’ Niels Klapwijk who added another 20, PAOK recovered quickly and decisively from losing the first set to base their win on superior reception and overwhelm Iraklis in attacking efficiency with 47% (53/113) to just 39% (47/119).

Muagututia was named MVP of the Final Four for his contribution to PAOK’s third cup title after their successes in 2015 and 2018.

Tournament MVP Garrett Muagututia of PAOK attempts to get past the block of Iraklis' Thanassis Dinas and Egor Popov.

“I never expected the MVP award,” said the 31-year-old outside hitter. “We came to Crete firstly to win in the semi-final and secondly to claim the title. The MVP award just happened. If I had had a poor game but we won, I would still have been happy and the award was an extra bonus. I dedicate it to my family - my young daughter and my wife who followed me to Thessaloniki and now to Crete to celebrate together.”

“I went through a lot, but I came back to Greece and to PAOK exactly for the moments we experienced here in Ierapetra,” added PAOK setter Dmytro Filippov. “I had said I would return to Greece just to win titles and the first came today. We are all happy for the team and for our fans who are always by our side, but I am doubly happy to have won this title coached by my father.”

Opposite Egor Popov of Russia was Iraklis’ best scorer with 19 points.

Full house at Ierapetra, the southernmost town of Europe, for the Greek Men's Cup Final between Thessaloniki rivals PAOK and Iraklis.

Saturday’s game in Ierapetra, Crete, was a rematch of last year’s Cup Final, in which PAOK had shut out Iraklis in straight sets on the island of Rhodes.

To reach the final PAOK had previously knocked out Olympiacos PIRAEUS in the semi-finals in Ierapetra 3-1 (22-25, 25-15, 25-23, 28-26). Iraklis had knocked out Foinikas SYROS 3-2 (23-25, 25-20, 22-25, 25-23, 15-8).

cev.lu

• PAOK did a nice job. My heart can't actually choose between PAOK and Olympiakos. I like both the teams.

PAOK is playing way better since Klapwijk took Djuric's place and Muagututia joined the them.

• Thanks, Charalampos. What do you expect?

Olympiakos stepped its game up. Rauwerdink is in very good shape lately.

PAOK couldn't do a lot; Okolic and Klapwijk were their best players by far in the first two games.

• PAOK OHs in the last game were very weak in attack.

Klapwijk had a problem with his back in the first game and during the the second(maybe) set had 4/16 at..

Ii dont think that is possible for PAOK to win 3 matches in a row, but we will see.

• 1-0 Olympiakos

Gavin Schmitt was silent all along, but all at once he blocked Muaguatutia and made half a point from the service line, creating the free which gave the set to his team.

Kliwijk is playing well, he created alone the 3 points break for his team eventually wasted. Okolic as usual unstoppable.

Olympiakos looks a lot better as a team.

• 2-0 Olympiakos

PAOK had a 5 points lead, but Olympiakos managed to make the come back with an astonishing Rauwerdink: the dutch is playing like Leon! :super:

And what about Petreas? He's the magic of his team: whenever Olympiakos is about to get killed in the game, he shows up with a block, an ace or a kill from nowhere.

PAOK relies too much of Klipwijk. The guy can't kill anymore, since the opponent blockers are already on him before Filippov sets the ball. Okolic needs to be feeded more.