2018 FIVB Men's Club World Championship (11/26 to 12/2)

• Kazan swallowed a hard loss. Can't believe they blew out a 14:9 lead in set 5. This Kazan team has no go-to guy. They are gonna miss Leon.

The referee sucks as fuck. Too many bad calls on both sides. :down:

When Volvich told the referee he got injured, the referee ignored him. Volvich had to stay on court, which got him even worse.

I disagree. Zenit Kazan still doesn't have enough chemistry in their team. Both Anderson and Ngapeth were not in Russia when the superleague begun and Butko was injured while Mikhailov played as an OH after the world championship.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I disagree. Zenit Kazan still doesn't have enough chemistry in their team. Both Anderson and Ngapeth were not in Russia when the superleague begun and Butko was injured while Mikhailov played as an OH after the world championship.

This Kazan has no go-to guy. Ngapeth, Maxim, Matt - none of them could save the team in clutch time like Leon. I don't remember when a top team like Kazan could blow a 14:9 lead in set 5. Butko should also be blamed in set 5. When was the last time Kazan lost two games back to back?

• For me referees made the bold decision at 18-17 and they were right .Zenit must only blame themselves for losing from 14-10

The ball above the net when Butko set it and Juantorena made the first contact. The only doubt is if juantorena touched the ball when the ball was still Kazan's side.

• This Kazan has no go-to guy. Ngapeth, Maxim, Matt - none of them could save the team in clutch time like Leon. I don't remember when a top team like Kazan could blow a 14:9 lead in set 5. Butko should also be blamed in set 5. When was the last time Kazan lost two games back to back?

I disagree. When you don't have enough chemistry, even with Leon, you'll lose.

This is a very difficult group. Definitely a group of death between the two pools. I like that Zenit Kazan gave an entertaining two matches in a row but when you don't have the chemistry and you're facing strongest opponents, you have to be consistent and unfortunately, they choked but still an enjoyable match in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I disagree. When you don't have enough chemistry, even with Leon, you'll lose.

This is a very difficult group. Definitely a group of death between the two pools. I like that Zenit Kazan gave an entertaining two matches in a row but when you don't have the chemistry and you're facing strongest opponents, you have to be consistent and unfortunately, they choked but still an enjoyable match in my opinion.

Kazan is weaker than last season. This team only replaced Leon with NGapeth. The chemistry is not the main issue. NGapeth has better defense than Leon, but his offense is not godd enough to carry the team through the tough time.

If they have Leon, Butko will pass most balls to Leon in set 5. But now Butko has no clue of passing the ball in clutch time. That makes a big difference.

If this Kazan plays against Perugia (with Leon), they don't stand a chance.

• Whenever I watch Lube, Balaso is the only player I liked all along.

He is cutest guy in the team. ;)

Fans always complain Fabio's reception, but today his reception is ok, at least better than Juan.

• Kazan is weaker than last season. This team only replaced Leon with NGapeth. The chemistry is not the main issue. NGapeth has better defense than Leon, but his offense is not godd enough to carry the team through the tough time.

If they have Leon, Butko will pass most balls to Leon in set 5. But now Butko has no clue of passing the ball in clutch time. That makes a big difference.

If this Kazan plays against Perugia (with Leon), they don't stand a chance.

Do you know how many matches the first team of Zenit Kazan played together completely?

When you think about that, there's definitely a chemistry issue.

#FreeBritney

• Do you know how many matches the first team of Zenit Kazan played together completely?

When you think about that, there's definitely a chemistry issue.

If they changed several core players like what Sada or Lube did this season, I'll say they may have a chemistry problem. But obviously it's not a case for Kazan. When they led at 14:9, either Maxim or Matt could not kill the ball. This is nothing to do with the chemistry. Maxim and Matt are not new in this team.

• I don't think it 's a chemistry issue per se, but particularly on this match, I get the impression Butko was not setting Mikhaylov as usual (and especially in Set 5) and this did not help Maxim's confidence and was missing some spikes in the crucial moments most especially at match point 14-13. Ngapeth had 43 attempts vs Mikhaykov's 29 and that is a significant number considering that as an opposite you should get most balls and this was a 5-set match. Mikhaylov had 65% efficiency , I still believe he is the "go to guy" of this team but Butko hd other plans I guess :whistle:

• Just finished watching the Kazan Lube match replay - I'm not so sure but Ngapeth's aggressive behaviour towards the ref at the end needs some kind of discipline. He loves conflict and when Verbov started shouting at Lube players, Ngapeth made it a point to be standing there to try and get involved - and when nothing happened he took to his frustration against the ref. That kind of behaviour just cant be tolerated - emotions of the match aside. I felt quite uncomfortable watching it. I hope there is some kind of disciplinary action. Its a shame because so far he has seemed to have his shenanigans under control.

That aside - good match!

• He is cutest guy in the team. ;)

Fans always complain Fabio's reception, but today his reception is ok, at least better than Juan.

:what:

I don't care he's cute.

Seriously: Sokolov is always completely unstable, Juantorena is annoyed and annoying, Leal is technically too waek, Bruno is having way more troubles than expected. Cester and Stankovic are always good, but non so involved on attack. There is left Balaso, who is very good considering he has to share reception tasks with Juantorena and Leal. Simon must consider about playing full time opposite, with his blocking skills he's just too weak for a top team as middle.

Not sure what the fans of Lube see, but they must a look to who's on the passing line beside Balaso. :whistle:

• :what:

I don't care he's cute.

Seriously: Sokolov is always completely unstable, Juantorena is annoyed and annoying, Leal is technically too waek, Bruno is having way more troubles than expected. Cester and Stankovic are always good, but non so involved on attack. There is left Balaso, who is very good considering he has to share reception tasks with Juantorena and Leal. Simon must consider about playing full time opposite, with his blocking skills he's just too weak for a top team as middle.

Not sure what the fans of Lube see, but they must a look to who's on the passing line beside Balaso. :whistle:

Cester's serves always caused troubles for NGapeth, even when he's with Modena.

Fans complained Balaso because they like to compare Balaso with Lube's old libero Jenia who has been the best libero in CL three years in a row. With Jenia and Sander's duo, Lube's reception line was pretty solid last season. Either Juan and Leal's reception is shaky from time to time this season, so Lube struggled a lot.

Balaso signed a long contract with Lube, he will also be Colaci's successor in NT.

• what a weird club wch... Everyone keeps choking. Nobody can side out to finish a game lol after Kazan 14-9 and some other incidents. Skra Belchatow is about to blow a 0-2 12-19 lead.. 25 25 atm in set 3

• The pool is not balanced. Group A is too strong.

IMHO, all four teams in group A have the ability to qualify top 6 in CL.

• where did you watch the replay?

I have an account on volleyballtv.

• If Skra loses, the set 3 is a turning point. Now the momentum is on Fakel's side.

• On one hand if Fakel lose today, Zenit still has a chance to qualify right? But if Fakel wins then it's bye for Mikhaylov and co.

Oh my god it's tied now 15-15 on the 5th