2018 FIVB Men's Club World Championship (11/26 to 12/2)

• I would like to add my congratulations to Lube for yesterday's epic comeback. They did a great job, but the blame is all on Zenit's side: it is not question of chemistry to me, they know each other well as many players have been playing together for years and they had just to close one last ball.. it's not that they lost 3-0 without showing any good game.

Trento today suffered so much: it was an in or out match for Sada and they started really strong. Then Trento got better and showed their game at times, but they made too many mistakes and weren't able to finalize Grebennikov's defenses.. that could have cost them the fourth set nearly! Anyway some big upsets already as Zenit, Skra and Sada are already out.

• I think any team from group A will dominate group B, based on the quality matches we have seen so far. Kazan is Euro champion and Russian champion. Skra is Polish champion. They were both out because they are all in group A. The WCWC committee should make the group more balanced next time.

• I only watched tiebreak that match and last set before that, I don't follow men's volleyball that much to criticize players. However Mikhaylov was beyond terrible at that tb to me, as an Opp he should have been able to side-out at least once for his team but he was such an error machine... I actually remember criticizing him last CL as well and people then attacked me and told me he is great player and I should shut up, great players level drop as well sometimes this is normal... (Reminds me of people not wanting to admit Neslihan's level dropped in Turkish NT bcs she is such a legend)

Ngapeth was just there, I truly missed Leon in this team, I don't think Kazan could have won last CL without him to be honest. The real MVP of Kazan that year :heart:

Leon actually choked a bit in CL final last season. He played poorly in first 3 sets. Maxim helped the team otherwise Kazan had no chance for tie-break. But Leon was the king in set 5 after Kazan was down at 7:11. I am ok with MVP being given to Maxim, at least it's not that controversial. But we all know only Leon is the go-to guy for Kazan. Now he's the go-to guy for Perugia.

• The challenge system or the video replay for serve in or out looks off. I guess the video replay is the mistake. I swear I saw some after image in the replay.

The TV replay doesn't show the correct image. When the ball fully touches the floor, it is pressed. In the images they show, the balls are mostly spherical. It's either before or after fully touching the floor.

• Looks like there are two types of video check on ball in/out.

1) the one is from FIVB, used for the games like Olympics, VNL and WCH. The replay shows the shadow of the periphery of a ball from the top. As long as the shadow touches the line, it's a ball-in.

2) the one is used in Euro leagues. The replay shows a ball's real shape when it's touching the floor. The judge checks if the touching part hits the line. If not, it's a ball-out, even if the shadow of the periphery of a ball touches the line from a top view. Because we know the ball is round.

I personally like the 2nd video check system because it shows exactly what happens.

• The TV replay doesn't show the correct image. When the ball fully touches the floor, it is pressed. In the images they show, the balls are mostly spherical. It's either before or after fully touching the floor.

that one yes but I remember one action from 2nd set , Vettori on service line. his service was clearly out from what we saw on the replay but the animation from the video challenge was "in" and gave point to Trentino.

• This is the ball I was talking about if you check those two pics. at 17-14 in second set. on Vettori's serve .

if you look at the moment it touched the ground, i think it is in. in the first picture the ball was shown just after it touched the ground. look at balls shape. it is not even deformed. it is perfect circle. i think there is nothing wrong with challenge system.

• if you look at the moment it touched the ground, i think it is in. in the first picture the ball was shown just after it touched the ground. look at balls shape. it is not even deformed. it is perfect circle. i think there is nothing wrong with challenge system.

maybe if we were talking about millimeters but there is a huge difference between those two pics. the animation even shows part of the ball was inside the court and not even on the line. to me noway that's possible.

and actually I even think in the first picture the ball is showing just "before" it touches the ground. before or after, it still has contact with the ground.

I simply think showing the real picture is better. I just don't trust this system. I had seen such mistakes before.

• Trento rested Russell

Resovia rested all the titulars beside Luke Perry.

Fakel and Lube are playing all of their main team. I guess they want to face the loser of Pool B which is looking out to be Asseco if nothing changes.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Fakel is now resting all their main players for Game 3. Good decision by the coach to let the bench play and let the starters rest.

• A night to forget for the semi-finalist last group stage match.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lube-Resovia

Trento-Fakel

#FreeBritney

• Resovia took the first set 31-29.

#FreeBritney

• So far Resovia is attacking against single block most of the time because of Simon.He is by far the worst blocker in the game . Medei should use Cester.

Bruno totally wasted Juantorena’s good offensive performance in the first set by forcing everything to Sokolov

• Lube also keeps giving Schultz the line, but Balaso can’t get any defence touches on those attacks. Might need to change tactics a bit...

• It's a clear floor touch. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• 16-12 for Resovia. :gone:

#FreeBritney