2018 FIVB Men's Club World Championship (11/26 to 12/2)

• I still can't believe how Lube just did not see the importance of Christenson.

I thought they're going to slay the competition with their acquisitions but Bruno is such a different setter and that always kept my doubt alive for Lube no matter how strong their roster is on paper.

scarpetta i feel bad for them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Awww I feel bad for Sokolov. He probably misses Christenson. Who ever accept the sale of Bruno to Lube is looking for a job right now. I hope. :gone:

Balaso did well in my opinion and leveled with Grebenikkov for some moments in the match. I think his transfer to Lube is still meaningful in my opinion.

Grebennikov is definitely better than Balaso. He can cover more area and make more digs. Balaso has been improving, but there is still a long way to go for him to become a top-level libero

• Balaso did well in my opinion and leveled with Grebenikkov for some moments in the match. I think his transfer to Lube is still meaningful in my opinion.

Balaso has a lot to improve if he wants to catch up with Grebenikkov's level.

Grebenikkov has been the best libero in CL three years in a row. It's not the coincidence. You can take a look at Jenia's stats.

• Balaso has a lot to improve if he wants to catch up with Grebenikkov's level.

Grebenikkov has been the best libero in CL three years in a row. It's not the coincidence. You can take a look at Jenia's stats.

I honestly disagree. Grebennikov played his worst seasons with Lube. We all used to make joke about it, calling him Pollyanna (Scarpetta copyright).

Balaso frees a spot for a foreign player and plays better than Grebennikov did with Lube so far.

• Grebennikov is definitely better than Balaso. He can cover more area and make more digs. Balaso has been improving, but there is still a long way to go for him to become a top-level libero

Pollyanna likes your comment. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think after today one will be out together with Medei and Cormio .

Maybe Bruno +Medei will be out for Stoychev

If Lube would have won the gold, Medei could have secured his position. Now it's hard to say.

The whole team is built by Cormio. Therefore, he needs to take part of the responsibility. However, if he stays, Stoychev won't be the coach of Lube. Juantorena doesn't like Stoychev, either.

The only possibility is to sign someone new at the moment. They can't dump Bruno now.

• Congrats Trento!! They showed a really good game, they played as a team. They will grow even more going on with the season, especially if they will gain power from the OPPs.

Great Giannelli :super::super:

• The funny fact is that Sokolov didn't play this well for a long time. Many people suggested to bench him and put Leon as opposite.

Lube not only lost the final, but didn't even struggle for 5 sets. And all this happened with Sokolov playing very well and with a decent (than his Superlega standards) Leal. This is what Lube should be actually worried about.

Anyway I'm tired of reading about setters blamed for Juantorena's chokes. Once it was Christenson with Lube. Then it was Giannelli with NT. Now it's Bruninho. He chokes, no matter who is setting. That's all.

• I honestly disagree. Grebennikov played his worst seasons with Lube. We all used to make joke about it, calling him Pollyanna (Scarpetta copyright).

Balaso frees a spot for a foreign player and plays better than Grebennikov did with Lube so far.

Here are the stats of perfect reception/sets in ltaly league in 2018-19. Jenia ranks No.1 so far (among all liberos and wing spikers), while Fabio is not even in the top 20.

• I think after today one will be out together with Medei and Cormio .

Maybe Bruno +Medei will be out for Stoychev

Yes . I’m afraid this will be Leal. Juantorena is too important because of foreign rule

Can't they find someone at Stocznia Szczecin to become their defensive OH?

I don't think Leal was that bad but they need someone better than Massari to stabilize their reception.

#FreeBritney

• And here are the stats of perfect reception in ltaly league in 2018-19. Jenia ranks No.4 in total (No.1 among all liberos), while Fabio ranks No. 20 in total (No. 9 among all liberos). You can see the gap between Jenia and Fabio.

• Here are the stats of perfect reception/sets in ltaly league in 2018-19. Jenia ranks No.1 so far (among all liberos and wing spikers), while Fabio is not even in the top 20.

I talked about Grebennikov's impact on Lube, which was very weak.

Jenia was way worse passing with Juantorena and Sander. Balaso has way harder job between Juantorena and Leal.

Of course Jenia is playing well again with Trentino. He has a great coach and a strong couple of passers beside him.

He said his seasons in Lube were a nightmare since he didn't play all the matches and that made him play his worst volleyball ever. It came out from his mouth. He has been smiling all along, but he knew very well what was happening back in Civitanova.