2018 FIVB Men's Club World Championship (11/26 to 12/2)

• Sokolov looks satisfied with the award despite losing 6 finals in a row .

This is the part I don’t like about him.

He looks disappointed when he was with his group during the awarding of medals.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Can't they find someone at Stocznia Szczecin to become their defensive OH?

I don't think Leal was that bad but they need someone better than Massari to stabilize their reception.

The option right now is to sign Kovar back, at least for this season.

I would say Leal's performance is not good at all, especially at reception. Massari can only help on reception for 3 rotations per set. That's all. Most of the time he needs to do the passing.

• I wonder which is the worst statistics for Lube with Leal - no of points lost in reception, or number of points lost with good reception where he cannot kill the ball? And if so, how much of it is to do with Leal? And how does that compare with Juantoerana's stats? It seems like Leal has struggled to adapt to much faster playing conditions, and more organised blocking- and he needs to find his way in this new system. It may have been better for him to go to a team with more unfamiliar people...

• Congrats Trento!! They showed a really good game, they played as a team. They will grow even more going on with the season, especially if they will gain power from the OPPs.

Great Giannelli :super::super:

Vettori still annoys me but Kovacevic-Russell carried his butt all season long I bet they can't even be mad at him anymore that they have to make even less mistakes to compensate for his errors. He's like the zombies in a post-apocalyptic world that his teammates have to deal with in order to survive. :lol: I actually like Nelli is not titular so when Vettori screws himself, there's an improvement when he comes in as substitute. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Jenia did have some shaky games in Italy league when he's with Lube. But in last three seasons he also played for Lube in CL. And he got the best libero awards three times in a row, which I did not see any libero could reach this level, given that we know CL is more important than the local league. Zone defense with wing spikers could affect the reception ratio to some degree, but I think Individual ability is still the main factor of the reception.

• I wonder which is the worst statistics for Lube with Leal - no of points lost in reception, or number of points lost with good reception where he cannot kill the ball? And if so, how much of it is to do with Leal? And how does that compare with Juantoerana's stats? It seems like Leal has struggled to adapt to much faster playing conditions, and more organised blocking- and he needs to find his way in this new system. It may have been better for him to go to a team with more unfamiliar people...

You can read it here.

#FreeBritney

• The funny fact is that Sokolov didn't play this well for a long time. Many people suggested to bench him and put Leon as opposite.

Lube not only lost the final, but didn't even struggle for 5 sets. And all this happened with Sokolov playing very well and with a decent (than his Superlega standards) Leal. This is what Lube should be actually worried about.

Anyway I'm tired of reading about setters blamed for Juantorena's chokes. Once it was Christenson with Lube. Then it was Giannelli with NT. Now it's Bruninho. He chokes, no matter who is setting. That's all.

I thought Leon was playing in Perugia. You're probably just mixing the two Cubans Leon and Leal, right?!

• This is the ball I was talking about if you check those two pics. at 17-14 in second set. on Vettori's serve .

Thank you for the those pics! I saw the situation, too, and thought the same but unlike you, I was too lazy to make screenshots :D However, as correctly pointed out, we don't really know which phase of the ball's trajectory is presented on picture 1. These systems have been tested and I doubt they can show something terribly wrong. It's perhaps the interpretation of the data which can lead to uncertainties. But I won't dare say more, I would love to know in more details how they work.

Also, while on the subject of technicalities, why have the rules been changed for the two phases of the SAME tournament? Meaning, I noticed there were no TTOs in the group stage, whereas there were obviously regular TTOs during the semis and the medal matches (at points 8 and 16). This is everything but consistent and speaks quite badly against the event's organization/committee.

• Sada Cruzeiro coming up with the Volleyball World's shadiest instagram post of the year before it ends. :gone:

Don't nobody dare tell me that a defeated-looking Simon in the background is just a coincidence because I swear...:lol:

#FreeBritney

• Sada will face a big challenge in Brazil superliga this season. Without Leal and Simon, the whole attacking line was totally different. Sesi, SESC-RJ and Fanvic all have a chance to take the superliga champion.

• Sada Cruzeiro coming up with the Volleyball World's shadiest instagram post of the year before it ends. :gone:

Don't nobody dare tell me that a defeated-looking Simon in the background is just a coincidence because I swear...:lol:

Omg the shade in that post is unreal. They couldn't resist with that picture haha