Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• adbi0JN.gif

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Kuzbass just beat Kazan 3-0 at home in Game 1 of the Finals.. Can't remember the last time Kazan lost 3-0 :what:

Poletaev is playing amazing these last few matches :obey:

• Yes, Kuzbass played one of their best games in this season. Kozbar outplayed Butko in this match. I still think Kazan will win this series. Kuzbass could not play on this top level all the time.

• Yes, Kuzbass played one of their best games in this season. Kozbar outplayed Butko in this match. I still think Kazan will win this series. Kuzbass could not play on this top level all the time.

I also think Kazan will be the eventual winners too.. but at least Kuzbass can give them a good resistance and we have an exciting matches but I hope Kuzbass can prove us wrong

• Kuzbass is now 1 set away from winning Game 2, let's see if Kazan can force it to tie break

• And Kuzbass wins Game 2! Kazan will be really pressured to win the next two matches to force a fifth game but the momentum is definitely with Kuzbass after winning two straight games..

Poletaev is back to playing like his pre-injury days. Kuzbass defense is incredible I wonder how they manage to do it

• New Russian NT coach trying to impress maybe? :win:

But i'm most excited for Podlesnykh for the NT. He is maybe not as prolific as Kliuka or Volkov and is not the best receiver among the russian teams but he certainly can defend better than the two and the serve can be very dangerous at times. He can probably even be better than Volkov with pipe attacks lol.

In my past prediction, I said Kuzbass needs Poletaev healthy to have a chance at the title. I'm glad he's showing everyone (and Alekno) that he is indeed ripe for the role as Mikhailov's heir.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Also Poletaev is straight outplaying Mikhaylov

Didn't check the stats but I think both were pretty efficient in this match.. but Poletaev is significantly younger :lol:

• In my past prediction, I said Kuzbass needs Poletaev healthy to have a chance at the title. I'm glad he's showing everyone (and Alekno) that he is indeed ripe for the role as Mikhailov's heir.

I've always been a fan of Poletaev but the last few years he was kinda stuck somewhere and was kinda overlooked, but now his spot in the NT is undeniable and yes he is this generation Russia's golden boy :heart:

• Kuzbass just beat Kazan 3-0 at home in Game 1 of the Finals.. Can't remember the last time Kazan lost 3-0 :what:

I wondered the same yesterday. And it was Zenit Kazan's own YouTube channel (where they upload cool videos after each match, by the way) that gave us the answer. The last time Zenit Kazan had lost 3-0 was on 23.10.2016 at the 2016 Club WCH in Brazil where they lost the final to Cruzeiro. Even more impressive is the time span since the last time they had been beaten 3-0 at home - on 02.05.2011 thanks to Dinamo Moscow. Zenit Kazan still won the final play-off back then, but Dinamo's only win in the series was convincing.

I couldn't watch the match yesterday and only caught up today's second upset from somewhere in set 3. Kuzbass really showed great transition and defence, plus they have Poletaev in form who converted all important points. Podlesnykh surely helped, too, especially his block-outs. True, Kuzbass has also luck on their side as they won most of the "strange" or, put another way, unorthodox plays. However, we have to admit, as we already did earlier this season, that this is not the same Zenit Kazan we used to see in the previous campaigns. Apart from the fact that nothing worked for 2 (!) days, Zenit looked out of ideas or rather exhausted.

Let's see if Kuzbass can keep the momentum and their heads focused. Pity they couldn't add a final against Trentino to an otherwise amazing season, but they seem to have learned their lesson from the Istanbul fiasco.

• The game 2 was pretty tight. Kuzbass again, delivered a solid game like the last one. Their blocking was amazing. MBs moved so fast to help OH/OPP's block, which proved to be very effective. Kuzbass' defense was also great. They digged a lot of tough balls.

Kazan choked twice in clutch time.

In set 1, Samoilenko missed spike at pos 3, which gave up the set point.

In set 3, NG was too ego at the set point. He tried to do a tough open-net direct kill but got blocked.

• Fakel beat Zenit St Petersburg in two games and qualified to Champions League 2019-2020.

• Fakel beat Zenit St Petersburg in two games and qualified to Champions League 2019-2020.

I hope the rumor of Kliuka leaving Fakel for Zenit SPB are not true. I want to see him and Volkov play in CL.

• I hope the rumor of Kliuka leaving Fakel for Zenit SPB are not true. I want to see him and Volkov play in CL.

I'm sure the champions league berth will influence his decision. Fakel would be a medal threat in CL next year imo

• Hey guys, I took a break from following volleyball for a bit over a year, isn't Podlesnykh a Belogorie youth that was known for his serve who wasn't getting much playing time there? What happened? When did he improve this much? =O

• Hey guys, I took a break from following volleyball for a bit over a year, isn't Podlesnykh a Belogorie youth that was known for his serve who wasn't getting much playing time there? What happened? When did he improve this much? =O

All I know he turned out to be a fineeee, young man :win:

• All I know he turned out to be a fineeee, young man :win:

His IG is basically a gold mine. lol

#FreeBritney