2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• hate Mari? for what? It's volleyball, sport and everything is possible on court. Mari was probably much more upset than Brazilian fans. I never blame Gamova or the rest of players who were on court.

my case was different, I was a child and naive, that's why I was overwhelmed by that result. I am now growing up or getting older lol and that's why I can easily bury my feelings.

Brazilian, in general, praise only for wins, it does not matter if one player shines the way that Mari did. If she made a mistake, even if it is not her fault, it does not matter. Brazilian Women's Volleyball was synonym of total losers back in that time (even now, when things doesn't happen the way Brazilian think they should, they will go back again to full hate-mode. Not all Brazilian, to be clear (i'm Brazilian btw), but the majority, for sure, think that way, specially the ones who only watch Olympics and other big tournaments.

• Oh no :(

We need a proper Opp, not Paula again :'(

but as far as i'm concern, paula is the closest to "decent" opp in brazil roster right now. unless drussyla comes back and play OH with Gabi and they push Natalia to the Opp position.

Brazilian, in general, praise only for wins, it does not matter if one player shines the way that Mari did. If she made a mistake, even if it is not her fault, it does not matter. Brazilian Women's Volleyball was synonym of total losers back in that time (even now, when things doesn't happen the way Brazilian think they should, they will go back again to full hate-mode. Not all Brazilian, to be clear (i'm Brazilian btw), but the majority, for sure, think that way, specially the ones who only watch Olympics and other big tournaments.

i have seen this a lot. so many Nt palyers were the victims of scrutiny when the team lost. I can't imagine what Mari went through last time and thank God there were no social medias back then.

• Oh no :(

We need a proper Opp, not Paula again :'(

I'd like to console you in your time of no Tandara but Paula's been pretty beastly this tournament in my eyes.

• Brazilian Women's Volleyball was synonym of total losers back in that time

well, BRA women had to deal with the blockade fromthe CUB generation of the 90's... yeah, that match against RUS in 2004 was pretty traumatic, but don't forget the (semi?) in 2000, BRA was leading and then they got stuck at 16 or whatever the score was, they couldn't score another single point and let the CUB win... that was also very traumatic. that's how rezende lost all his hair, in that one day.

• Challenger Cup starts on Thursday (European time), here is the schedule:

http://challengercup.volleybal…women/schedule#/d20190627

Hope to see how Croatia is winning FIVB competition.

:gone:

• Final line up of brazil for the bnl finals:

Note that the list of names are in order of their slot in the starting 6 positions

Setter: macris, roberta

Opposite: paula, lorenne (initially cut due to the entrance of tandara)

Middle blockers: carol, bia, mara, mayany

Carol and bia starting. Carol >mara

Bia evolving in the attacks

Mara demoted

oh: gabi, natalia, amanda, tainara

Libero: leia, natinha

• first 35 seconds

• That commentator is a multi-sport guy who does some work for the BBC and I think his main interests are basketball and boxing. But he also does tennis, where the term “unreturnable serve” is used more commonly, usually to mean a serve that isn’t a clean ace but one that the opponent can’t get back into court. Him probably being more familiar with tennis than volleyball is likely why he keeps using this phrase.

Though, that’s no excuse for how much he overuses it. :lol:

• What happend with older Belgium players ? Van Hecke, Heyrman, Freya ??

With this 3 back, Belgium would be very good team :white:

• What happend with older Belgium players ? Van Hecke, Heyrman, Freya ??

With this 3 back, Belgium would be very good team :white:

I think we discussed about this some time ago, and someone said that they dont want to play under Vande Broek wings. The same case is with Rousseaux. But I agree, Belgium could be way better especially with stronger middles.

• I think we discussed about this some time ago, and someone said that they dont want to play under Vande Broek wings. The same case is with Rousseaux. But I agree, Belgium could be way better especially with stronger middles.

Van Hecke last year skiped NT, but she is going to get married, so she probaply quite with NT. I think middle blockers is the least important position for

Belgium. I expect Heyrman and Aelbrecht to be back in NT.

• FIVB will be streaming on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzIaD8heaSU

Argentina defeated Chinese Taipei 3-0. In the other hand, Croatia beat host Peru in 4 sets (last one 31-29). I expected a 3x0 by Fabris & co.

Tomorrow it will be a replay of the Golden League final :box: Let's see if Santarelli could take revenge.

• Argentina defeated Chinese Taipei 3-0. In the other hand, Croatia beat host Peru in 4 sets (last one 31-29). I expected a 3x0 by Fabris & co.

Tomorrow it will be a replay of the Golden League final :box: Let's see if Santarelli could take revenge.

I believe for Santarelli is very hard. He wants fast game with a lot of attacks with MB.

Yes Beta got 18 sets, but She scored only 2 points. That is how much, 18% in attack for MB :wall: