2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Have you ever watched Serbia play?

With 2 player reception ....the reception is usually not good and they can't really set the middles.

Not even Maja is able to set the middles that much at all.

Of course I have. Reception isn't that bad today, so she can be a bit more creative. You can't compare Mirkovic with Ognjenovic, she is from a whole other level!

• 25-22 in the second, good fight by the young Dutch team! Daalderop off the court after the first set, maybe she isn't fully fit? Surprisingly Oude-luttikhuis did quite a good job! Lohuis with some good blocks:super: Hester Jasper came on court for her sister Marrit to receive, she did a good job!:lol:

• I like Bulgaria's libero.

Congratulations Thailand for a good start in the 2019 VNL, but 29 errors, Wow! Good thing I was still at work and couldn't catch the game. Must have not been an entertaining game from either side it sounds like? lol

That was 29 Germany Errors that Thailand got points for. It's weird that they list it that way sometimes and sometimes not--like at the end of matches, but on this occasion it's labeled "Opponent Errors".

• Bulgaria giving Japan problems. Japan responds with Goggles.

• I like Bulgaria's libero.

That was 29 Germany Errors that Thailand got points for. It's weird that they list it that way sometimes and sometimes not--like at the end of matches, but on this occasion it's labeled "Opponent Errors".

ahh ok, I was looking at the stats and misread it then lol, so Thailand was actually 18 errors and not 29.

• Serbia won the match and last set with 25-19. Biggest disappointment is Dijkema! She is supposed to lead the team, but even with a free ball she gives a bad set:roll:Hester came on the court again for her sister and did a better job! She blocked Mihajlovic and had some nice defencive actions:box: It's a shame she is only 1.75 meter.

• I remember Smarzek's serves being very deadily last year, it seems her serves are quite average now?(

Not just her serves, her attack now seems less potent too

• So much tipping and aborted spikes from NL.

I hope for next 2 matches Marrit Jasper will not be in court. Better give her sister a chance in the same position.

Lohuis still good at blocking. Timmermans also not a ghost on court.

Maybe too early to comment on Baijens as opposite.

• Fear the Goggles :!:

Bulgaria has good wings and libero. Good match.