2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Man, the Brazil drama here over this last year had me wondering if they should close up shop and go home :rolll:

This is great spirit I'm seeing.

• The most entertaining thing from this match has been the DJ's playlist for the 80's-90's lovers.

Then, Macris involving almost all their players :win:

• Wait what happened?

That was just my impression reading the forum ever since Brazil failed last summer at whatever that tournament was where Serbia threw a match.

• That was just my impression reading the forum ever since Brazil failed last summer at whatever that tournament was where Serbia threw a match.

oh yeah I recalled that. Brazil was eliminated because of Serbia. LMFAO. what a chaos back then. I still couldn't believe some people here blame Serbia for that. Brazil literally lost some of the matches that they were supposed to win.

• Julia was not prepared at all to play, she really felt the pressure, but it is normal. Not every single good prospect is Egonu or Boskovic. She will have time to understand the dynamics and create courage to play against the big ones. It was her first professional game, ever. And about Brazil as a whole, i really liked their passion, they played an enjoyable match to watch(of course they would, they had Macris). The only problem was Bia, whats is happening to her?? She is a ghost

• Julia was not prepared at all to play, she really felt the pressure, but it is normal. Not every single good prospect is Egonu or Boskovic. She will have time to understand the dynamics and create courage to play against the big ones. It was her first professional game, ever. And about Brazil as a whole, i really liked their passion, they played an enjoyable match to watch(of course they would, they had Macris). The only problem was Bia, whats is happening to her?? She is a ghost

Bia is pretty much useless on court. It's been like this ever since she started dating Roberta I think :rolleyes: It's too bad, she was pretty great in 2017.

US beat BEL 25-8?????

yes lmao we talk a lot of shit about DOM, but BEL is not that far behind in terms of progress...

• Cannot wait til Carol come back and just block everything. Who is Brazil's best attacking MB right now tho? Is Adenizia still plays or has she retires from NT? When will Mayany be a part of the team?

Carol Gattaz was the best attacking MB by a large margin last season, but I think in the current team, Lara Nobre is a really good attacker MB (had really good attacking stats this season) and could be better option than Bia (100% better). Adenizia will not play this year, and i have a guess that she will retire (but it is just a guess, nothing confirmed yet). Mayany is already on the team, but I dont know if she will play anytime soon, Ze simply love Bia (and Mara cannot be bench at the moment cus she is just phenomenal right now).

Btw, anyone know how can i watch replays without paying FIVB TV? I could pay if it was an option, but they don't offer to Brazil

• Carol Gattaz was the best attacking MB by a large margin last season, but I think in the current team, Lara Nobre is a really good attacker MB (had really good attacking stats this season) and could be better option than Bia (100% better). Adenizia will not play this year, and i have a guess that she will retire (but it is just a guess, nothing confirmed yet). Mayany is already on the team, but I dont know if she will play anytime soon, Ze simply love Bia (and Mara cannot be bench at the moment cus she is just phenomenal right now).

Btw, anyone know how can i watch replays without paying FIVB TV? I could pay if it was an option, but they don't offer to Brazil

Is Gattaz invited to the team? Having Macris as starting setter will be beneficial to the team since Macris-Gattaz combo is the equivalent of Tomkom-Pleumjit imo. I am not familiar with this Lara. Which team did she played last season? And when will Ana Carolina join the team?

• Is Gattaz invited to the team? Having Macris as starting setter will be beneficial to the team since Macris-Gattaz combo is the equivalent of Tomkom-Pleumjit imo. I am not familiar with this Lara. Which team did she played last season? And when will Ana Carolina join the team?

Gattaz was invited, but i think she will play only if it is the only option, she already stated in the past that she does not want to play "unimportant" games, but i don't know. Lara played in Fluminense, that team was a mess but she had a really good season despite that. And about Ana Carolina, i think she will be with the team next week.

• The number of terrific / fantastic / Oh! / (and who can ever forget the very exciting exclamation....My Goodness!) per minute by the lone guy in the commentator booth for the USA/BEL match was fucking dizzying.

That’s the guy I call Captain Hyperbole :rolll:

He called the Japan game too. Guess he’s doing the all the Bulgaria matches. Spoils the experience for me:(