2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• DOM choking, as usual. Once again, Kwiek doesnt know how to read a match. Same story like in the last 9 years. He cant rely always on the experience and power of his hitters. This should have been a 3-0 for them, if we take on count the experience of DOM team.

Brayelin M playing really good, but when she is in the backrow, she just gets lost. Kwiek should know this better...

• DOM celebrating like they won the title or something lol.

and They should have played 3-0 this is a rebuilding Brazil and Russia they are playing

• The announcer really had a good time :)

• So the one who chokes more was Brazil, not DOM. Congrats to Bethania and co. It should have been a 3-0, but at least they finished the job.

Gabi 29 points in 4 sets! :white:

• I don't know if DOM won or Zé lost. Mayany shouldn't enter today, Bia was the problem, not Mara, Julia shouldn't enter either. At least, DOM is not choking anymore. In the end, Brazil didn't deserve to win, so congrats DOM..i don't know if Bruna Honório could do a better job than Paula, to be honest. She can be a good choker too, just remember her game against Ecz, she was choking even when Minas was demolishing.

• Great win for the Dominicans tonight. I did not get back until the end of the 3rd set. Brazil had them late in the 4th, but a great comeback by the Dominicans.

Brazil looks lost without Tandara. Gabi was great but she needs help. I think that may be Brazil’s best lineup right now and it is not as good as the Golden Girls.

• Great win for the Dominicans tonight. I did not get back until the end of the 3rd set. Brazil had them late in the 4th, but a great comeback by the Dominicans.

Brazil looks lost without Tandara. Gabi was great but she needs help. I think that may be Brazil’s best lineup right now and it is not as good as the Golden Girls.

Oh boy, we will never be that good anymore. We don't have good prospects like before, we don't have investments, Ze is the most stuborn he ever was..

• i just got home, only watched the last 2 points. of course DOM was the favorite, they are the only team with A squad.

this is so gossipy but i get the vibe that kwiek might be gay... am i right?????

You are.

No Brazilian line-up will ever top the 2008 golden year's line up. The golden triangle of Sheila-Mari-Paula were just too much for any team to handle. Sorry to say but I don't think at this moment Brazil has that group of prospects that are as good as those golden years when they were starting. Either the level of volleyball has go down in Brazil or everyone else around the world simply has catch up.

• Oh boy, we will never be that good anymore. We don't have good prospects like before, we don't have investments, Ze is the most stuborn he ever was..

London 2012 gold medal made his head become a rock. And you thought the failure since 2014 would have made his mind up but nope. It is kinda sad to see the man who bring Brazil to its golden years seemed to be the same man who brought failure to the nation.

• mayany is in but it was too late.

MAYANY IS INNNN

Ze could have used her seing the stats 5 blocks for them and 13 from dominican republic.. fabiana and thaisa should be crying i know!!!

The problem with the two young outside hitters is not them. Its not the problem of macris two. Macris wanted to set them but witht the 0-2 diasadvantage, of course she will set to a more reliable hitter and that ia gabi!

Im ok with paula. Today isnt her day but who knows! She is more of an irregular player... we should have comments on their performance basing on their first week of international play.. but of course, we could do it for a later time because our team is not prevailing over its opponents.

The real problem is ze. This is not renovation. This is insistence to his cup of tea players. He just invited player who are young and promising, train with them but when time comes that they are about to play. He would tap season players. If im tainara and julia, i would really ask for dispensation dor benching to amanda.. same goes with bia. Only with two days of pkay, she merely tips. Are we looking for a tipping mb? She could block as well. Ze could have used mayany (not because i believe she has potential and im his fan) but this is what the situation tells him to do.. not even zhu ting coming from bench would make difference if u let her in at he end of the set! Hahahahahaha at least for mayany, she scored a spike point..

Guess what tomorrow is another day we brazilian fans would be irritated seeing the players playing with no international caliber! Amanda doesnt have a good season much worse bia!

• London 2012 gold medal made his head become a rock. And you thought the failure since 2014 would have made his mind up but nope. It is kinda sad to see the man who bring Brazil to its golden years seemed to be the same man who brought failure to the nation.

I absolutely agree..

• Brazil will always be an iconic team in the vball world. Always, no matter what. As well as Cuba. Brazilian vball has given so much to the vball community.

So, for me it is such a pity to see a Brazilian team playing like today or represented by players who some years ago would never been called for a C team or for playing a Panamerican Cup or other meaningless competitions.

Of course, I do not blame the players, it isnt their fault at all. It is something more macro. First, we know it would be so difficult to have again a Golden Generation or have athletes like Fofao, Sheilla or Waleska, but the problem is also in the base. Recruiting in the last years hasnt been the same (we can see the last results in the last YWCHs and JWCHs), Brazil started to lose against Peru and Argentina in the southamerican U18 & U20 champs, when some years ago it would be just unbelieavable. And also, investment.

The brazilian bench players of the WCH 2006 would crash more than the half of the teams of this VNL. As well as the bench of 2010 or the ones who didnt make the cut.

Having an Boskovic, Egonu or Zhu indeed helps. But Brazil NT has never needed to be a one player team in order to shine. Their main strength has always been to play like a team. And they have lost that.

I do think they can get back on track, but the real change comes from the leading heads.

• LEt's hope that this week is Ze's experimental week and by next week we will have a better starting six. Although something tells me Roberta is gonna be starter next week. :whistle:

Oh no, don't say that.. I can’t handle Macris benched anymore :'( FIVB geoblocked me and I can only watch Brazil NT. Don't take it from me, please :sos: