2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• New doesn’t mean young. Two different things here.

The team is new because it’s the first time of a few players in the NT, like Lara, Mayany, Julia, Tainara, Paula, Natinha. It’s Macris’ first time as an starter as well.

Macris could have been substitute to dani lins... but ze is solved with dani lins even past her prime. I think if brazil got the gold in rio, for sure, some players would still continue like dani lins as starter.. the case of thaisa is exception since it is due to injury. Lmfao.

• Zé is live during an interview now and he was really humble to admit he was wrong to put Júlia Bergmann to play in the past two matches. He said she is really talented, she has shown a great performance during training, but she has no experience and hasn’t playing any Superliga yet. So her lack of experience and her anxiety to do well forced her to do commit some errors.

• Mirkovic was with the main squad for whole week, it didn't seem like it is helping to neither side😏

1 week....u said it all.... Mirkovic needs more than 1 week to show what she can and can`t do.

It took Fofao 18 years to win a Olympic Gold. Mirkovic is not ready right now.....That`s why she must play every tournament before Maja retires ...so when that happens Mirkovic is ready to take it over ( I`m pretty sure Ana and Zivkovic will be retiring from the NT after Tokyo).

This is Mirkovic`s first tournament as the main setter. In fact when did Mirkovic ever started a game for the NT?? As far as I can remember, she probably only started in the Mountreux 2 years ago????

So if she plays all VNL and WCC...plus backup Maja in ECH....I`m pretty sure she will be better by 2020 and will be capable to backup Maja in Tokyo.

• Brazil already plays a much better and dynamic game with Macris. If Natalia-Gabi-Tandara are healthy Brazil will certainly be on the race for Gold.

The game against D.R will be interesting after this loss....at least D.R showed they can fight.

• Kurilo And Kuznetsova are the ones I like that I’ve seen playing here. That short one with a great head of hair seems raw but I like the way she prowls the floor off the ball. Don’t see that much in Russia

• yes, of course Leia as libero. any words on Camilla Brait? will she be back?

I really really love Brait, but if Leia keeps playing like she played in Superliga, we don't need Brait IMHO. Leia is a phenomenal player, has skills and international experience (even in Olympic Games). Natinha is perfect fine for a sub spot, because she is a really good prospect and can be a starter in the future. I'm not a huge fan of having oldies as subs, we need young ones, learning and training with the "big guns" to build confidence and experience.

• I really really love Brait, but if Leia keeps playing like she played in Superliga, we don't need Brait IMHO. Leia is a phenomenal player, has skills and international experience (even in Olympic Games). Natinha is perfect fine for a sub spot, because she is a really good prospect and can be a starter in the future. I'm not a huge fan of having oldies as subs, we need young ones, learning and training with the "big guns" to build confidence and experience.

Natinha is Natalia right? The one that subbed Leia just now? Yeah, I like her. She seems okay.

I just hope that one day Fofao or Fabi will be a part of the coaching team to put some sense into Ze's head. Fofao is much needed since Brazil's setters have been underwhelming since she left the team.

• Natinha is Natalia right? The one that subbed Leia just now? Yeah, I like her. She seems okay.

I just hope that one day Fofao or Fabi will be a part of the coaching team to put some sense into Ze's head. Fofao is much needed since Brazil's setters have been underwhelming since she left the team.

Yes, and "Natinha" can be translated as "little Natalia" in portuguese (random lesson of the day :P). Fofao received offers to make part of Zé's staff, many times, but she keeps refusing :(

• when will Ana Carol, Carol Gattaz, Tandara join the team? 2nd week?

• I personally like the format of VNL. Different group composition per week. Its beneficial for teams under development. What i dont like is the inplementation of Technical Time Out. It breaks the momentum of the game. And players get rattled everytime they go out of the court.

• Yes, and "Natinha" can be translated as "little Natalia" in portuguese (random lesson of the day :P). Fofao received offers to make part of Zé's staff, many times, but she keeps refusing :(

hah thanks for the lesson!sometimes i got confused these brazilian players have so many names! i wonder what keeps fofao from joining the team. even that average ex-libero of USA NT has joined the coaching staff.

Tandara in the 5th week, Gattaz I'm not sure (probably will skip the VNL altogether?).

Carol might join in the second week.

is tandara still recovering? hopefully Gattaz will show up. really wanna see what Ana Carol and Gattaz duo can bring to the table. I hope Paula will continue to get better since Tandara will be joining late.

• USA and Turkey has the same set ratio and point ratio(!) (248 won and 198 Lost). I think this situation is quite rare

• hah thanks for the lesson!sometimes i got confused these brazilian players have so many names! i wonder what keeps fofao from joining the team. even that average ex-libero of USA NT has joined the coaching staff.

is tandara still recovering? hopefully Gattaz will show up. really wanna see what Ana Carol and Gattaz duo can bring to the table. I hope Paula will continue to get better since Tandara will be joining late.

Tainara has a good reach too. This gal will inprove a lot during the vnl tournament.

• China team for week 2, Macau China

OH: 2 Zhu Ting (C), 9 Zhang Chang-ning, 10 Liu Xiao-tong, 12 Li-Ying-ying

MB: 1 Yuan Xin-yue, 4 Yang Han-yu, 5 Hu Ming-yuan, 17 Yan Ni

OP: 6 Gong Xiang-yu, 8 Zeng Chun-lei

S: 11 Yao Di, 16 Ding Xia

L: 15 Lin Li, 18 Wang Mengjie

• USA and Turkey has the same set ratio and point ratio(!) (248 won and 198 Lost). I think this situation is quite rare

After 1 day, less rare. After 3 days nearly impossible.

Don’t forget if this were at the end of the VNL or any FIVB tournament the tiebreaker would be the winner of the head-to-head.