2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• AMAZING MATCH!!

This match of DOM vs USA is the greatest one in the 2019 VNL to date, exceeding the previous one of USA vs ITA.

I never think that DOM squad can play so great and beat the USA one in such high quality match. Really terrific... must watch for every one! DOM beat USA 3-2 in a very thrilling match!!!

This match will be the one to remember for long time to come! Both teams played very high quality volleyball.

A historic victory of the Dominican Republic team against the United States one.

Congratulations to the Dominican Republic squad!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• what happened in that one play where jineiry stayed in backrow, why didn't kwiek allow libero to come in? that was weird.

The issue was that libero subbed Pena in back row instead of Eve. After Eve went to the front row libero forgot to sub with Pena; DOM lost this action and they could make only one move so Pena went back and they had to receive with MB in backrow.

• I have mixed feelings about the match today.

About Poland: impressive height and power. First time I saw Stysiak playing, she is a huge prospect. Considering Wolosz was not there, this Polish team has a very bright future !!

About Dutch team: I think it is good to understand players like Bayens, Timmerman and Meijers only played in Dutch League (very weak level), so the gap to international level is huge for them. Furthermore: until two weeks ago, Bayens only played as a MB. Oude Luttikhuis plays much better than she did in Aachen last seasons, the same for Jasper.

These players have played the previous two weeks during parts of games above their usual level, but at some parts they played their normal level or even below..like today in 1st set, end of 3rd set and start of 4th set.

Daalderop and Lohuis played on a decent level, as expected.

In general: there is certainly potential, but the new girls will need a few years to adapt to international level.

According to the Dutch TV-host next week in Hong Kong the main players will be in the roster (Sloetjes, Buijs, Plak, Beliën, De Kruijf, Grothues..)

• The issue was that libero subbed Pena in back row instead of Eve. After Eve went to the front row libero forgot to sub with Pena; DOM lost this action and they could make only one move so Pena went back and they had to receive with MB in backrow.

thanks, but actually jineiry did not receive, brayelin moved back to receive instead. jineiry was hidden like an OPP.

• What a hard fought win by DOM girls to the B -C team of USA!

• I commend also the USA B-C team for a job well done, battling the A-Team of DR, and taking it in the deciding match.

• Can our Italian users explain what Italy's connection is with the color blue? The flag has green, red and white but Italians play actually usually in blue I noticed. I noticed this in other sports too, Italy is usually in blue.

Turkey has a connection with Turquoise (baby blue-greenish) and we play with that too sometimes like today so they are sure not the only ones but I'm curious.