2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Folks hate the VNL because it's meaningless and unimportant, and it steps on the nineteen thousand Euro-Tournaments that gotta get played. It might have an unexpected benefit of improving countries' National Teams by forcing them to try new players in a NT to NT context that has international razzle dazzle--because everyone needs rest after the Euro-Stuff ... and it's meaningless anyway.

Maybe not. Maybe it's better just kept in house (Europe) where the teams are better, the players are better, and the competition is tougher. Players improve more in those circumstances. And the Traveling isn't as sucky.

• our volleyball federation, coaches and players blame about travel like Zoran Terzic. They also give examples like Terzic also gave some rest to their players and Terzic also said that that travel was difficult and etc. as if they are trying to copy Terzic's style:rolleyes:

I remember before any team did not have such problem in WGP. I mean in 2008, 2010, 2011 etc. It is new style everyone is blaming about travel:what:

I agree that the planning of lots of tournaments are really bad, however this new fashion of apparently "overly tired and overworked" volleyball players is starting to annoy me too, like playing daily is normal for them even, they are pros... It is not really different in other sports at all. Many players do get to skip some matches and tournaments also from time to time. Nowadays it's omg Smarzek scored 40 points she will get injured 99% ;(|| she is in pain omg, she is dying, instead of just wow she scored 40 points; great!

Like bitch stfu

• I agree that the planning of lots of tournaments are really bad, however this new fashion of apparently "overly tired and overworked" volleyball players is starting to annoy me too, like playing daily is normal for them even, they are pros... It is not really different in other sports at all. Many players do get to skip some matches and tournaments also from time to time. Nowadays it's omg Smarzek scored 40 points she will get injured 99% ;(|| she is in pain omg, she is dying, instead of just wow she scored 40 points; great!

Like bitch stfu

That's why I used the word "force" re: FIVB's plan.

It seems counter-productive at first blush to think it's good for volleyball to have this long-ass tournament where big names don't play. And trust me, I feel the pain of the hundreds of fans who get maybe one shot in their lifetime to see a China NT game and Zhu Ting doesn't show up. Etc. Etc. with other stars.

It's back-asswards when all sports tend toward the glorification of "stars" to schedule a tournament where they don't play.

This VNL format is really stupid or it's going to raise all boats with its rising tide (or whatever that saying is).

Relegate this tournament to nonsense and complain about it all the time (not meaning "you", Altinli , maybe Terzic lol) or look at it from another perspective as an important tournament where someone like Ai Kurogo who had high school fame, then did nothing for Toray for two years, plays the 2018 VNL and now people are asking me if she's Japan's best hitter.

I'm an outlier in that I enjoy watching teams like Italy play without Egonu, China without Zhu, etc -- not because other teams have a better chance of beating them :lol: ... well, maybe :rolll: ... I just don't like that kind of volleyball. And I think it is good for all the kids and newcomers to get the chance to show me their stuff. Europeans watch European clubs and know all these players, but the rest of the world, not as much.

• I like that VNL is more fair than WGP, because they play against every team before they have to play the finals. On the other hand, now most of the teams don't play with the best roster, so also in this way not all the best teams go to the finals.

• I like that VNL is more fair than WGP, because they play against every team before they have to play the finals. On the other hand, now most of the teams don't play with the best roster, so also in this way not all the best teams go to the finals.

I've never understood the WGP. some teams play some teams twice in the prelims and sometimes not at all. It makes no sense to me.

• It's inexplicable to me why, regardless of a country's population they all seem only capable of producing 7-10 really good volleyball players who can win--according to expectations--at the international level. Italy looks like they are emerging as an exception to that rule. USA seems jam packed to me.

We should be able to double that to 15-20 players/country. The WCh and OG are what it's all about. Train and play your best players with a focus on that. Use the back nine for other tournaments. If they aren't good enough to win, just accept it and move on. Or figure out a way to improve the situation.

Attach a GRAND Prize of One Free Ticket to OG for the winner of the VNL held one-year ahead of the OG :cheesy: just ignoring all the jealous saying, if any, about fairness... Then see the different attitudes of the teams!!

And for each VNL, give back the 50 points of WR (or two million euro grand prize for the winner, one million euro for runner-up and so on....FIVB call, either WR Points or Big Money... though I don't know where the money will come from :cheesy: LOL ), again just ignore all the hearsays about fairness.

After all, if a team is not within the VNL list, the team is not good enough to bother! And no way such team can win the free ticket to OG / substantial WR points / Grand Money Prize...

For it's much unrealistic if one puts a high expectation to the teams in the VNL If FIVB is so meager granting so little for the medal grabbers :lol:

Life is simply pretty real after all!!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• our volleyball federation, coaches and players blame about travel like Zoran Terzic. They also give examples like Terzic also gave some rest to their players and Terzic also said that that travel was difficult and etc. as if they are trying to copy Terzic's style:rolleyes:

I remember before any team did not have such problem in WGP. I mean in 2008, 2010, 2011 etc. It is new style everyone is blaming about travel:what:

QPL i think you were upset rvolley left the forum. Looks, he is back :)

• Poland will play the week 3 with the same roster as last week.

S: Pleśnierowicz, Nowicka

Opp: Smarzek, Bociek

MB: Kakolewska, Efimienko, Alagierska, Witkowska

OH: Grajber, Mędrzyk, Stysiak, Różański

L: Stenzel, Maj

I saw the roster of Thailand on twitter but I'm not sure if it's official. Looks like Wilavan will be back.

• wow, crazy Smarzek ! hope POL enter the final 6

• Turkish team roster on 3rd week. Turkey will play aganist Bulgaria, Thailand and Dominican Republic.

Turkey the first team in the ranking with 5-1 record and 15 points

Setters: Cansu Özbay, Ezgi Dilik,Buse Ünal

Opposites: Gözde Yılmaz, Ebrar Karakurt
    Spikers: Meliha İsmailoğlu, Şeyma Ercan, Hande Baladın, Fatma Yıldırım
    Middle Blockers: Zehra Güneş, Kübra Akman, Aslı Kalaç, Yasemin Güveli
    Liberos: Aylin Sarıoğlu, Şebnem Simge Aköz

• Turkish team roster on 3rd week. Turkey will play aganist Bulgaria, Thailand and Dominican Republic.

Turkey the first team in the ranking with 5-1 record and 15 points

Setters: Cansu Özbay, Ezgi Dilik,Buse Ünal

Opposites: Gözde Yılmaz, Ebrar Karakurt
    Spikers: Meliha İsmailoğlu, Şeyma Ercan, Hande Baladın, Fatma Yıldırım
    Middle Blockers: Zehra Güneş, Kübra Akman, Aslı Kalaç, Yasemin Güveli
    Liberos: Aylin Sarıoğlu, Şebnem Simge Aköz

the same of 2 week...?

• Nope. Maj came back to Poland and will rest probably until the end of the VNL. Jagła travelled to Belgium.

• Nope. Maj came back to Poland and will rest probably until the end of the VNL. Jagła travelled to Belgium.

Okay. I've read that she will have break after 3rd week. Thanks for update.

• Mostly. Meryem Boz(C/Op) and Gizem Orge (L) are out Aylin Sarıoğlu(L), Gözde Yılmaz (OP/OS) and Buse Unal (S) are in

Guidetti have chosen 15 players for in this week roster. We will see who played matches

I hope we get to see Buse and Yasemin this week. I see no reason to keep playing with Cansu and Kubra.

I won’t even start with Gozde Yilmaz.

• I hope we get to see Buse and Yasemin this week. I see no reason to keep playing with Cansu and Kubra.

I won’t even start with Gozde Yilmaz.

Well, maybe they keep playing with Cansu and Kubra because they're better... Just guessing.

If Turkey wants to be a competitive team from now on, I think they always need to play with their A team, because they have a really young roster, and these players need to play as much as possible in order to reduce their instabilities while facing top teams. That's the only way they can reach the top.