2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Can I just say I find it truly disrespectful that a coach doesn't take the time to pronounce his own players' name correctly and even changes his pronunciation in match! I mean it shows he truly doesn't care or he would have taken 2 minutes of his life to at least ask her at trainings smh

beri who is that coach? Whose name was pronounced wrong?

• There will be South America qualification. but I couldn't find any details.

So far, this is the situation: Last year Peru hosted the Southamerican Qualifier (Chile, Venezuela and Colombia) and the Finals. Now, they will only host the Finals.

Any other Southamerican country showed interest for hosting the qualifiers. So, FIVB decided to send Argentina (best ranked southamerican team after Brazil).

It was supposed there should be a play off with an african team, but there is no time.

• As for Serbia - I liked the new setter, Emilija Atanasijevic, she somehow reminded me of Laura Partenio :lol:

*Antanasijevic, I know it's similar to Atanasijevic, but there is a difference in one letter. :)

Olympic gold medal, Sydney 2000. : Vladimir Batez, Slobodan Kovač, Slobodan Boškan, Đula Mešter, Vasa Mijić, Nikola Grbić, Vladimir Grbić, Andrija Gerić, Goran Vujević, Ivan Miljković, Veljko Petković, Igor Vušurović - HC Zoran Gajić

• They had Meliha, Hande and Guldeniz in their team two seasons ago and they didn’t use them much. They had Meliha and Guldeniz in their team last season and they still didn’t use them so much. If feel like we are just dreaming when we say they would or would have use Meliha/Hande/Guldeniz instead of a foreigner.

In season 2017/18 every single match had played or Meliha or Onal. Actually in that season eczacibasi was good, but in final series they again had beaten by Vakifbank. Meliha was solid in 1st and 5th match both of them Eczacibasi lose 3-0, other 3 she played a bit. IMO Eczacibasi goes from mistake to bigger mistake. They insist to imediatly result(i undestand money) and they did not make a team, they buy very good individuals without any sense.

Because that individuals is very strong they have some result time to time, but vaste of money and time of some players.

• Russian players like Kosheleva (has broken fingers), Voronkova (has painful legs), Goncharova (has slight injury), Parubets, Koroleva, Startseva and Fetisova (wanted some rest), Kadochkina (has slight injury, they are waiting her ful recovery) as far as I know. Parubets played well this season in her club, she was main player in her club, she had NT experince too, she did not need to prove herself again and again, I mean she did it last year and few years ago too and she wanted some rest from head coach.

Kurilo 26y.o, Khaletskaia 25y.o, Iurinskaia 23y.o, Pilipenko 29y.o and I do not consider them as young ones. The problem is here they do not have experience NT level, Iurinskaia played in youth NT but anyway it is not youth NT. Last year Malykh skipped WCH due to family issues, Khodunova and Kosheleva and Goncharova skipped WCH due to injury issues. There is no any guarantee we will keep all of them healthy for next tournaments. That is why our head coach and RVF decided to give a chance to those players to gain experience for NT level.

Last year in Volley Master Khodunova took the place from Voronkova because of her performance. Unluckily, she got injury and skipped the main tournament. There is also no any guarantee Voronkova or Parubets will surely secure their spots, I mean if Kurilo improves her skills she can take one of their spot.

Voronkova was in Italy due to recovery issues, she did not take any rest as far as I know. Even Romanova and Kurilo have slight injury too. It would be unfair if Parubets and other important players did not take some rest, they were too tired or injuried because of hard club season. On the other hand, if they played in VNL, I do not think their performance would be perfect. We can see the same thing on Egonu too, she is too tired IMO.

My observation, Khaletskaia is not NT material, if Iurinskaia and Kurilo will improve their skills and connection, both of them can take spot for main NT as sub players. Especially, here mostly positive thoughts towards Kurilo. She has strong muscles and if she finds a good connection with setter, she can drill the court by opponent side like Parubets. But she needs improvement. I do not know Kotikova or Kadochkina will take their spots for NT or not. Voronkova, Parubets, Goncharova and Kosheleva will be on the roster and two free spot for 4 players. Kotikova, Kadochkina, Iurinskaia and Kurilo will fight for two places.

Other players like Kuznetsova also needs some reception skills and smart spikes, maybe she can be our Lazovic. Vorobyeva needs to improve her reception skills too, she is similar with Iurinskaia on attack but she is younger and her shots maybe will be a bit better than Iurinskaia IMO. Russu is not NT material either.

• OMG, so many hypocrites here, Queenpiccinini being the worst of them all, I'm not gonna name others, you know who they are:roll: It's fine when they criticize/belittle players they don't like, but as soon as you start to say a even just one bad thing about their favorites, you become a hater, you stir the pot, you bring the negative vibes.:rolll:

#doublestandard is a real thing

• Though as a watcher it’s indeed an interesting tournament, seeing younger and inexperienced players, look at Russia not giving a crap about results but the youngsters still gaining experiences.

As for Serbia - I liked the new setter, Emilija Atanasijevic, she somehow reminded me of Laura Partenio :lol: And honestly it’s a miracle Bjelica playing so well and being the leader.

Unfortunately, you are right. It is not only like for this tournament. I mean it is like in general and that is why some countries are ahead of Russian NT now.

• I love how Turkish users are over the 🌙 as Turkey is in first place and they swept the World Champions at home..and according to them Serbia did play it's best players.

Let's wait and see how Turkey will handle China at the OG QL... And Serbia at the ECH when Serbia actually play with their A team and bring their A game. :rose:

• I love how Turkish users are over the 🌙 as Turkey is in first place and they swept the World Champions at home..and according to them Serbia did play it's best players.

Let's wait and see how Turkey will handle China at the OG QL... And Serbia at the ECH when Serbia actually play with their A team and bring their A game. :rose:

Very desperate attempt at creating drama :rolll:

I love this forum :lol:

I do not know the rule of OGQ but they may have a chance for continental qualification ? I mean if Russia, Serbia, Italy make it OG and Netherlands, Turkey, Belgium, Germany, Poland will fight for the last ticket of OG in continental qualification ??

• I'm not creating drama. I'm really curious because France performance in VNL - WL is one thing... But they can't perform like that in Major tournaments...i just wonder if Turkey will be like that.

Idc about that, ur trying to create drama about Turkish fans supposedly saying things about the Serbian match which no one actually did recently, we already talked about all that with Serbian users too like 2 weeks ago and all sides found neutral ground on which all could agree on. You had inserted yourself back then also and liked some of my posts :rolll: and now no one is talking of it and yet you bring it up back again lmao

You do this quite often actually, I remember you insisted Turkish users hated WGP for years after 1 user said that, 1 time but majority kept reminding you each year that thats not a thing XD

Turkish team is playing really well, Italy once did the same at WGP and then became one of the best. If this will happen with Turkey I can't tell, but they are number 1 atm and just lost 1 match, I don't see how its problematic people praise them O.o I mean you continuously praise Busa for example, I don't come for you for that either so let me praise whoever I want too :whistle:

• I miss Zhu’s spike in 2014 and 2015, it was so high and so exciting to watch. Langping changed her spiking approach in order to protect her knees. Now, she only hit that high in critical points.

by the way, Yuan xinyue has become such a reliable middle blocker.

• beri I'm sorry but you are not the only Turkish user here. Which means I did not call you out directly .....anyways... Moving on.

Ksenia I am not sure how the World Qualification works...

Is there a 2nd OG tournament for Europeans only?. If it is a World Qualification then I assume only the 2 or 3 higher ranked teams in Europe would qualify.