2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Is Kamila Witkowska legite considered good? I can probably think of a handful of Polish players that haven't been called that are better then her at least imo

• Is Kamila Witkowska legite considered good? I can probably think of a handful of Polish players that haven't been called that are better then her at least imo

She is a good blocker and a decent attacker, but she isnt spectacular.

• Not just because she had a bad match today, but in general I don't get the hype about Stysiak. Alright, she's still young and she's got some skills, but I don't see her turning into a world class player anytime soon, especially not as OH.

OTOH I don't think Grajber deserves all the hate she gets. She's really not a spectacular player but she does many little things that are important for team play, and those are missing when she's off the court. Covering, delivering perfect free balls, being in position in defense, all of that are things Stysiak lacks and Medrzyk doesn't do on the same level as Grajber.

• Not just because she had a bad match today, but in general I don't get the hype about Stysiak. Alright, she's still young and she's got some skills, but I don't see her turning into a world class player anytime soon, especially not as OH.

OTOH I don't think Grajber deserves all the hate she gets. She's really not a spectacular player but she does many little things that are important for team play, and those are missing when she's off the court. Covering, delivering perfect free balls, being in position in defense, all of that are things Stysiak lacks and Medrzyk doesn't do on the same level as Grajber.

That is what Grajber should be doing but the problem is - she is not. Her reception was horrible today, she cant score a single point in attack. If she wants to play in the starting 6 she just has to do things like good reception, defence and at least a couple of points in attack, but she was completly useless on court since last tournament of VNL.

• Like who?

She is a good blocker and powerful in attack, has decent serve - she is good.

Tokarska, Polanska for a start imo. Yes people hate here on Polanska but aside from some technical difficulties she does contribute well in her clubs tbh. I think Tokarska is an underrated and almost forgotten Polish MB but I know she just belongs to the pot of players that just somehow didn't belong to NT anymore for secretive reasons :P so unlikely to wait for her return either, same as Polanska.

I knew 1-2 more players but I don't know them by name, that is almost a handful.

But I'm not fully hating on Witkowska, I guess I do see in her that she is kind of solid at least as you guys said.

• Poland at all times needs to use 1 of Grajber/Medrzyk and Stysiak as OH duos imo, Grajber-Medrzyk together or any similar duo will not make them achieve anything. Though I agree that there is still a long way for Stysiak atm she is far from great, they have to rely on her or Smarzek receives. It is also an option and frees Stysiak.

• Tokarska, Polanska for a start imo. Yes people hate here on Polanska but aside from some technical difficulties she does contribute well in her clubs tbh. I think Tokarska is an underrated and almost forgotten Polish MB but I know she just belongs to the pot of players that just somehow didn't belong to NT anymore for secretive reasons :P so unlikely to wait for her return either, same as Polanska.

I knew 1-2 more players but I don't know them by name, that is almost a handful.

But I'm not fully hating on Witkowska, I guess I do see in her that she is kind of solid at least as you guys said.

Both Polanska and Tokarska are worse than Witkowska for now. They werent even playing in LSK ( injuries ). Maja had some good games but Kamila was generally better.

• Both Polanska and Tokarska are worse than Witkowska for now. They werent even playing in LSK ( injuries ). Maja had some good games but Kamila was generally better.

Imo Maja Tokarska is by miles a better blocker, she has got those 'blocking arms'. And that could help Poland against teams as China. Maja was blocking Zhu well in BJK too as one of the few players in the entire league, I went and watched her live back then :D

But I didn't know they dealt with injuries, you are probably right about their current form.

I fully disagree.

Stysiak is 18 years old; this is her first senior NT season ever, she needs to make some errors to learn for the future. Today she was playing for the very first time against Olympic champions.

Grajber is 24, this is her next season in NT and she can’t show decent reception not saying about attack. No NT level player.

I’m happy that so young player could show her and hopefully learn something for the future. She is great potential.

• Both Polanska and Tokarska are worse than Witkowska for now. They werent even playing in LSK ( injuries ). Maja had some good games but Kamila was generally better.

btw afaik it's illegal to use those two words together in one sentence in Poland, I'm calling FBI

• I agree with Matthias about Grajber. I don't why she gets so much hate. She is like Grothues for Netherlands, or bosetti for Italy, secret hero for the team. Grajber&medrjk duo worked pretty good in last 3 tournament. With a stable reception, smarzek and mbs are doing the job at offense. Now with a crippled reception/defense system, nothing worked for Poland

• It’s been over five years since Werblinska’s retirement from NT and Poland still hasn’t found anyone even close to her level. I had some positive expectations for Medzryk, she’s alright but not really strong enough.

IMO Grajber should be playing as passing libero, since she can’t kill a ball and she knows it.

Btw am I the only one thinking Alagierska looks alike Tomsia? :lol:

• Too bad for Japan. Losing at home to a team they can easily beat which basically locks them out of the Final 6 for good

Really??? I never know that... that BRA is an easy team for JPN! :D :roll:

Now I believe the race to the Final Six for the 6th spot will be a three-horse race: POL, JPN, DOM.,.,. and they yet play each other. But if POL can grab any point in Jiangmen Station then the last ticket may likely be theirs! But the matches against the contenders themselves are the most decisive.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I agree with Matthias about Grajber. I don't why she gets so much hate. She is like Grothues for Netherlands, or bosetti for Italy, secret hero for the team. Grajber&medrjk duo worked pretty good in last 3 tournament. With a stable reception, smarzek and mbs are doing the job at offense. Now with a crippled reception/defense system, nothing worked for Poland

I see it completely differently. I understand her assumed role, be good passing player, but this is the key, she is not passing good. Considering her passing, she had one decent match during VNL and and good in Montreux.