2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Not just because she had a bad match today, but in general I don't get the hype about Stysiak. Alright, she's still young and she's got some skills, but I don't see her turning into a world class player anytime soon, especially not as OH.

OTOH I don't think Grajber deserves all the hate she gets. She's really not a spectacular player but she does many little things that are important for team play, and those are missing when she's off the court. Covering, delivering perfect free balls, being in position in defense, all of that are things Stysiak lacks and Medrzyk doesn't do on the same level as Grajber.

and do you think, Grajber is doing all the job? Ok, for sure she defends some balls, have some good reception, but still its not on the level a defensive OH should have, when she has Stysiak next to her. and she is doing no progress at all. Medrzyk was sitting on bench in Chemik, playing horrible when she got chance and now she is in good form. Grajber reminds me of Rosner in her last years, when she was completely useless in attack but Milena was on another level in reception and defensive skills.

• The commentator on Volleyball World TV didn't even know who is doing what and what is going on on court.

Simon Golding is the better commentator, he knows volleyball. He even gave some foresights that eventually came true. Listen to him from Hong Kong to Jiangmen stations now (perhaps in Macau too). Believe Simon along with "Catherine Mary / Marie" (not sure about her name spelling) will do the commenting in Ningbo as well.

Some other FIVB commentators don't show the necessary knowledge in volleyball, just talking talking :whistle: in general sense :lol: say the obvious things, Mr. Hilarious, Mr. Hyperbole…

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The WGP now VNL is the "commercialization" of the volleyball tournament by the FIVB. If only nations like DOM or other European nations or the American continent are more willing to bid in fulfilling the commercial aspects sought after by the FIVB then definitely they may host more, just like the soccer World Cup. Right now it happens that the Asian Continent incl China, Japan, Thailand are more willing to bid for and can afford the hosting of VNL and other int'l women's volleyball events. And FIVB loves such great support. That's all. Money talks. Without the money lube the sport won't flourish either! You should complain why the members of CEV won't throw in more money to host the VNL!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I think Morrison is a good coach with a lot of knowledge. But during matches I don't like him as a coach. He always sticks to his plan and he can't change it:(

his teacher is Mr. kiraly and Mr. Guidetti.Guidetti learned a lot from Langping and Guimarães recently. both coaches always make special changes.but morrison and kiraly cant.

• The WGP now VNL is the "commercialization" of the volleyball tournament by the FIVB. If only nations like DOM or other European nations or the American continent are more willing to bid in fulfilling the commercial aspects sought after by the FIVB then definitely they may host more, just like the soccer World Cup. Right now it happens that the Asian Continent incl China, Japan, Thailand are more willing to bid for and can afford the hosting of VNL and other int'l women's volleyball events. And FIVB loves such great support. That's all. Money talks. Without the money lube the sport won't flourish either! You should complain why the members of CEV won't throw in more money to host the VNL!

Money talks! Thats it! It is sad when you want to host something and gets bet by a higher offer. Hosting every pool okay but hosting the final 2 years in a row. We all know that FIVB does not care about the popularity of this sport it is all about money. In Europe it would get more attraction and is more pleasure to watch than in Asia but money rules.

And European countries are smart enough not to invest so much money into greedy FIVB 8)

• VNL is not important this summer, like even ECH. The fact Dijkema played almost full match (especially set 3-5) shows Jamie wants to give her a chance during a full match agianst a good opponent. I'm convinced Britt will get the opportunity tomorrow or against Germany. Also Plak and Jasper at OH-position and Koolhaas-Lohuis duo is all in context of trying out things.

100% this will not happen at OGQT in Catania.

P.S. Don't forget for some players it is their first match after a few weeks rest. You can't expect a good shape immediately.

And Belfgium is a decent team!

I think now is the time to take VNL serious. OGQT is getting closer, so they need to get a good connection and the players clearly lack game rhythm as we saw yesterda.

About Dijkema, she is showing for several years that she isn't good enough on top level. This is the reason I would give Bongaerts some trust and experience, to let her play some matches. In this way she can come on court when Dijkema isn't playing good in important matches.

• wow. the hall in stuttgart is pretty empty even though home team is playing.

Seems volleyball ain't a big sport in Germany, lacks of funding, media coverage and fans!

I think DOM is out of the final six competition by losing to GER. They need miracle to carry the team there.

• Money talks! Thats it! It is sad when you want to host something and gets bet by a higher offer. Hosting every pool okay but hosting the final 2 years in a row. We all know that FIVB does not care about the popularity of this sport it is all about money. In Europe it would get more attraction and is more pleasure to watch than in Asia but money rules.

And European countries are smart enough not to invest so much money into greedy FIVB 8)

I didnt see too many eour fans watched eourpean pools matches.we can see the numbers of every pool's audience.in the top 7 matches, hongkong has 6 matches.and asian countries pools has more audience.please stop complaining these things.your eourpeans have the most pool.China surely played 4 four pools in China.but we are big.from an eourpean country to another,it is not far.

• I didnt see too many eour fans watched eourpean pools matches.we can see the numbers of every pool's audience.in the top 7 matches, hongkong has 6 matches.and asian countries pools has more audience.please stop complaining these things.your eourpeans have the most pool.China surely played 4 four pools in China.but we are big.from an eourpean country to another,it is not far.

Sure but you cant compare a volleyball hall in Belgium Netherlands Turkey Italy Serbis or Bulgaria with a huge hall in one of Chinas metropole city halls and do not forget about the population. Nevertheless Chinas advantages due to money are unfair. Let them travel the whole world and don‘t host the final even Lang Ping would not travel with the A players and China would send a Z team and would not take this tournement serious at all!

So enjoy it as long as China feeds FIVB with money.

This is great propaganda but useless info also, makes me think you really work for FIVB lol

I'm sorry but the amount FIVB asks for hosting are insane and European teams are simply not dumb enough to fall for it when it's clearly just money thrown in the trash can, surely not an investment with the way FIVB promotes the sport. All FIVB thinks of is making a quick buck, instead they should invest more and make the sport more approachable for a start so it can get some recognition and popularity. WGP for example was much more popular and known then VNL, that is quite unacceptable tbh. Like people always have to pay seperately for basically every single tournament out there and the services are still super crappy, its not even available worldwide so people have to use VPN's + pay seperately + risk being banned to even watch matches for shit service :down::aww:FIVB to me bans volleyball basically from having any chance to gain popularity

• It is kinda boring that final 6 teams are almost determined before the last 5 matches played. Only Belgium can have a slight chance but they will play with ITA-TUR-BRA next week so it is not realistic that they will win all 3 even if they win against DOM and GER this week.

• Any link for Poland Vs USA

• Simon Golding is the better commentator, he knows volleyball. He even gave some foresights that eventually came true. Listen to him from Hong Kong to Jiangmen stations now (perhaps in Macau too). Believe Simon along with "Catherine Mary / Marie" (not sure about her name spelling) will do the commenting in Ningbo as well.

Some other FIVB commentators don't show the necessary knowledge in volleyball, just talking talking :whistle: in general sense :lol: say the obvious things, Mr. Hilarious, Mr. Hyperbole…

Simon is very good!

• So USA with a completely different lineup.. with only Robinson in

So one thing I've noticed is, once the USA's players 'forget/don't care' about that ultra fast offense they score really smoothly, especially in transition. But when they try to play the impossible tempo that Karch wants they get blocked time and again