2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Whats wrong with the chinese middle and her shoulder (sry don‘t know her name) I mean it looks painful with all those tapes and if i am not wrong shes playing like this for quite a few years? Could that be healthful in the long term?

it's yan ni. she's an interesting player for me. the first time i heard of her was right before rio olympics, i didn't know her and then she appeared and she wasn't even young. she's a solid blocker, but her attack is strange to me, she almost never has an approach, she just jumps up in the air, flicks her wrists and kinda throws the ball. she's effective in offense but it's strange to see how she does it.

• today,turkey 's block is not online.but what does really hurt is their errors.they have 22 errors and china has 11 errors.thats the difference. if they want to step further,they need decline their errors

Actually ,China also has lots of errors today ,especially Li Yingying . However, Li Yingying's attack is decisive to this win!! Lanping just wants to train some bench players to gain experience ~~~~:lol:

• Yan Ni was even the sub of Liu Ya-nan 14 years ago in Liaoning VC.

In 2013, she might be retired but in 2014, she was called by the national team and she continued her career until now.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Some people are so sensitive to word “useless” but there isn’t any other word to describe Gozde Yilmaz.

well, she's a strange bird to me, but she was effective in this match. at least 1 block and several kills.

when i say she's strange, it's because when she spikes, her body is so crooked, she's not hitting the ball at the highest point, and her arm swing is so slow. not a powerful spiker but she got good placement on the ball and got many kills.

• yeah that challenge at 24-19 in 2nd set was incredible guess by guidetti. but really funny (or sad if you're ebrar) was him screaming at her, "i'm not calling any more challenges from you, you were wrong twice now, you have to be sure", because she swore there was a block touch, and twice they lost it... tough match for her, very unstable today.

• Whats wrong with the chinese middle and her shoulder (sry don‘t know her name) I mean it looks painful with all those tapes and if i am not wrong shes playing like this for quite a few years? Could that be healthful in the long term?

Yan Ni, 1st best middle blocker at the 2018 WCH, nicknamed the "Northern Great Wall of China" (the Southern being the retired Xu Yunli). She is 32 years old and has serious injuries all over her body, especially her shoulder, from years of playing. But if you observe, the tapes on her shoulder are getting fewer and she has gotten visibly fitter this year, thanks to the Chinese team's new fitness coach, who joined the team only this year and worked out training plans for everyone.

• it's yan ni. she's an interesting player for me. the first time i heard of her was right before rio olympics, i didn't know her and then she appeared and she wasn't even young. she's a solid blocker, but her attack is strange to me, she almost never has an approach, she just jumps up in the air, flicks her wrists and kinda throws the ball. she's effective in offense but it's strange to see how she does it.

She got called up to the NT at 28 years old. Lang Ping spotted her because of her big arms and saw that she was really good at blocking. She and Ding Xia come from the same provincial team so they have played together for over a decade, which explains their great camaraderie and very unique way of playing.

• probably 10 of those were directly from Seyma lol I really hope she gets cut...I

I cant say this teams oh are young.but they are not very stable.they play volleyball on the bench so many years. they need time on turkey league. dont waste their timeon bench.though erbar still has many errors,but she has reduced a lot compared with last year.in the club time,she has no too much time and unstable.but i see she improves a lot in national league.she learns a lot from zhu,robinson and slotjes. i hope she can be better and hope zhu takes her to have some hot pot.hahaha,see her instagram several days before,she was chatting with zhu to want to have hot pot

• The Chinese team had a stunning win today against the Turkish one beyond the guess of every one, fans or not, and moreover with Zhu Ting just did a cameo appearance at the end of the set one, and Yuan Xin-yue was completely at bench. Even the match commentator Simon Golding lost his words to depict the outcome. Simply inconceivable! And in that process it quiets lots of things.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The Chinese team had a stunning win today against the Turkish one beyond the guess of every one, fans or not, and moreover with Zhu Ting just did a cameo appearance at the end of the set one, and Yuan Xin-yue was completely at bench. Even the match commentator Simon Golding lost his words to depict the outcome. Simply inconceivable! And in that process it quiets lots of things.

:lol: odds:

China 1.18

Turkey 4.25

In this case team 1 is predicted to win 85% of the times. But I get what you mean, they played even better then we could have expected. Tbh I think China plays lately really good, maybe even better than Olympics 2016, they seem hungry for another big title. And not just 1 player, but everyone is playing amazing.

• Simon Golding is the better commentator, he knows volleyball. He even gave some foresights that eventually came true. Listen to him from Hong Kong to Jiangmen stations now (perhaps in Macau too). Believe Simon along with "Catherine Mary / Marie" (not sure about her name spelling) will do the commenting in Ningbo as well.

Some other FIVB commentators don't show the necessary knowledge in volleyball, just talking talking :whistle: in general sense :lol: say the obvious things, Mr. Hilarious, Mr. Hyperbole…

I was referring to the one commentating matches hosted by Germany.

I cannot match the names and the commentators. For me the best is the one who is commentating matched hosted in Italy. The one together with a lady, who are commentating the matched played in China this week, is also good. The one for matches hosted by Japan is quite annoying, especially at the end of each set.

The worst is the one I was referring to. It seems like he knows nothing. For instance, he didn't even know the term "Carry" after being called by the referee. That's unbelievable. :down:

Lewie, the host of Freeball podcast, is also a good commentator. However, he is not commentating this year.

• That is true. Especailly Li Yingying shows her talent! The truth is that Lang ping builds this team (Zhu, Yuan, Zhang) to win big title at Tokyo 2020. Nobody can imagine that in 2016 rio olympics the target is already reached... :lol:

• I just hope these Chinese players will have a good team to keep them healthy considering the fact that they have a new (and much better) conditioning coach. Chinese athletes in general tend to have permanent injuries that can lead to early retirement due to the fact that the competitive level there is extremely high because they have a LAARGEEEEE pool of athlete at their disposal. China has always been one of the most innovative country (for better or worse) so I hope the trainers will learn from their past mistake and start to focus on having a super competitive and yet super healthy athlete. The arrival of Zhu Ting may have blessed the entire team because Lang Ping has to take a very good care of Zhu Ting and for that, the entire team get the benefits as well. Based on this VNL, my semi-finalists for next year OG will be China, Italy, Turkey, and Serbia.

• Yan Ni, 1st best middle blocker at the 2018 WCH, nicknamed the "Northern Great Wall of China" (the Southern being the retired Xu Yunli). She is 32 years old and has serious injuries all over her body, especially her shoulder, from years of playing. But if you observe, the tapes on her shoulder are getting fewer and she has gotten visibly fitter this year, thanks to the Chinese team's new fitness coach, who joined the team only this year and worked out training plans for everyone.

that’s good to hear, I was thinking maybe Bia can lend her shoulder strap to Yan Ni.

• I don't like the libero of Dominican Republic, she is already made a lot of errors both in reception and defense!

Buijs on court for the Netherlands this match