2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Do you know why she got taken off? I started watching from set 3 and her stats (8/14) were good

China was having reception issues and she contributed to them a bit. "Implode" isn't fair to say. Lang Ping may have just wanted to switch things up. Yuan came in the same time with Liu. It was one of those situations where the other team is playing so well it exaggerates the less than stellar of the other team.

• Bulgaria won their first match, congrats! Tbh I think there shouldnt be any core and challenner teams. The worst team should lost their spot. Sorry Korea :wavy:

• Congrats Bulgaria Nasya Dimitrova she is MVP in this match.

• Bulgaria won their first match, congrats! Tbh I think there shouldnt be any core and challenner teams. The worst team should lost their spot. Sorry Korea :wavy:

i think so this unfair for challenger teams

• I was watching BUL-KOR live, Korean blockers are awful, they’re always in the wrong position, kudos for N.Dimitrova, she was incredible in attack with 24 points (80%).

• Kind of a bummer for the Italian Coach to debut with a team whose starting lineup, except Kim, are all out with injury

• "Setter Contact Points" = 90% in the green zone. Very impressive :thumbup:

• Honestly I’m not even sure if those Korean girls can understand what Lavarini speaks about, despite the fact that he has a translator apparently. I feel sorry for Kim, she doesn’t seem to be in shape at all but still helped the team in passing and honestly an out-of shape Kim is forever better than her teammates, in particular they should find an actual OPP who can hit.

• China was having reception issues and she contributed to them a bit. "Implode" isn't fair to say. Lang Ping may have just wanted to switch things up. Yuan came in the same time with Liu. It was one of those situations where the other team is playing so well it exaggerates the less than stellar of the other team.

That's strange. The libero was by far the problem in reception, and I'm not sure if Liu's reception is better than Zhang's anyways. I think Zeng might have been a better choice

• That's strange. The libero was by far the problem in reception, and I'm not sure if Liu's reception is better than Zhang's anyways. I think Zeng might have been a better choice

Did you see the stats for the match. China with only 3 errors! It's hard to describe. It all looked terrible but the stats don't reflect it.

I have an image in my mind of Zhu's set point service error, a Zhang reception error, and a Zhu reception error. That means the libero made zero errors. Can't explain it.

For me, when China is struggling, Liu is a better option. She's the consummate pro.

• DOM defense. wow

• Match Point Ace :!:

• Did you see the stats for the match. China with only 3 errors! It's hard to describe. It all looked terrible but the stats don't reflect it.

I have an image in my mind of Zhu's set point service error, a Zhang reception error, and a Zhu reception error. That means the libero made zero errors. Can't explain it.

For me, when China is struggling, Liu is a better option. She's the consummate pro.

Don't think aces and blocks count as errors or China would have more than 3. Errors come from hitting and serving. Lin Li is is having her period so she is not playing well. There is no other libero. China's reception was bad in this game plus they couldn't stop USA's fast tempo offense. Easy win for USA.

• Russia gave Italy a good fight last WCH even without Goncharova, let's see if we have the same result even w/o Paoletta :super:

• Don't think aces and blocks count as errors or China would have more than 3. Errors come from hitting and serving. Lin Li is is having her period so she is not playing well. There is no other libero. China's reception was bad in this game plus they couldn't stop USA's fast tempo offense. Easy win for USA.

That makes sense. I also can remember a Zhu hitting error (long from back court) and a libero serve receive ACE by USA. Zhu probably made all three errors. Which and but I gotta say, Zhu had a good attitude in the face of the defeat. Very unlike her. I guess the match's meaningless gave her the opportunity

• It's no secret I'm a Japan fan, but I frankly don't care if they advance. I've seen enough of this squad to get my fill. I'd really like to see DOM go forward. Sorry Poland, you're cool too, but there's something special going on with DOM this tournament even if their W-L record doesn't reflect it entirely.

• That makes sense. I also can remember a Zhu hitting error (long from back court) and a libero serve receive ACE by USA. Zhu probably made all three errors. Which and but I gotta say, Zhu had a good attitude in the face of the defeat. Very unlike her. I guess the match's meaningless gave her the opportunity

She said in an interview she's no longer the old Zhu. Being the captain takes a toll especially when you are expected to win. I'm glad she is more relaxed now. Hopefully Miyashita breaks out of her self defeatist attitude. Would be a waste of talent to see her not play due to personal problems.

• Honestly I’m not even sure if those Korean girls can understand what Lavarini speaks about, despite the fact that he has a translator apparently. I feel sorry for Kim, she doesn’t seem to be in shape at all but still helped the team in passing and honestly an out-of shape Kim is forever better than her teammates, in particular they should find an actual OPP who can hit.

Even with a translator, the emotional meaning behind words and phrases are often lost. Lavarini is very expressive which I think sometimes scares the girls.

• Great start by both teams so far, couple of block points already.. Romanova has such a wicked serve