2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• OMG Celeste Plak's Instagram story... Horrible, dumb gamblers:mad:

I guess this will be part of the risks now that volleyball starts to become a more popular gambling sport.

• Btw. polish commentator explained how it is with 6 players from last WCH limit.

Actually this rule exists during VNL and if coach breaks this rule than federation pays a fine, no other consequences.

For the final 2 weeks Serbia has only 1 player from the WCH (Aleksic). And weeks 2 and 4 they had only 4.

I wonder how much they had to pay ?

• As I don't want to write it down, here is a screenshot I made. This is the type of messages she is receiving now.. :aww:

https://ibb.co/YcGwHGZ

That's horrible. Its tough to be a public figure nowadays. I'm sure they get an insane amount of adulations daily but they also get this type of ridiculously vile messages directed at them...a lot.

I would never understand why some can be so callous and leave needlessly cruel comments about others on social media and other platforms. Things that they know full well that are unacceptable and would never fly in the real world.

One reason why I try to refrain from using (or "sensitive" to) harsh words like "useless" when talking about players and their skill sets here. They get bombarded with those types of messages whether they look for it or not.

We're forgetting some of these players were fans first before being pro. Chances are they've come across this place before and still probably visit. Seeing your name get dragged after a bad performance is not something you get used to...even if you try to avoid it people like those on Plaks timeline will remind you of it DIRECTLY AND constantly.

• For the final 2 weeks Serbia has only 1 player from the WCH (Aleksic). And weeks 2 and 4 they had only 4.

I wonder how much they had to pay ?

I’m inquisitive as well, but unfortunately they didn’t say how much is the fee. They said only that wealthy federations can allow themselves for this kind of move.

• It is so funny to see how much other liberos are trying to hard to look as De Gennaro and they failed so hard with their second sets :lol:

She really put herself in top spot. The best.

• By the way I really like the OPP player of Brazil, Paula. I remember her against Turkey in of the previous Montreux Volley masters tournament and she impressed me a lot. And then I saw her coming from bench for Prai Club in this years Club WCH:aww: I guess she is one of those players prefer sitting on big teams bench instead of playing. I wonder where she will play this year. She can easily be the back up for Tandara instead of Monique who is physically very limited and old.

• Goncharova looks incredible, but her tatooed eye-brows, a specific attribute tied to inflated ratios of narcissism in females according to scientific research I have come over, coupled with her (now gone) nose-piercing, t-shirts for 500 euro, several body tatoos, fondness for McDonalds (her favourite restaurant), rap/hip hop music as Max Korzh and frequent night club visits makes her every bit of a stereotypical Moscow-chick imo; the flamboyant vulgarity. Personality-wise she is my absolute nightmare I have to say. The type of "cosmopolitan" woman who adores Audrey Hepburn and never has read a book in her life except for maybe some erotical novels.

• Everyone has their different notion of beauty. What I like about Goncharova, it's all about her personality. She was fighting against USA NT regardless of her injury (WCH). She is the most dependable one in Russia NT. She is from Ukraine but we here never feel like she is from outside, she is mentally much more Russian than average Russians. Honestly, as a personality, she is number1 for me. Her iconic "Winter Coming" face expression what I like much more about her. She mostly reminds me my grandma, who was conservative like that. From my personal experience, I can definitely say that most Russian fans adore her and her personality.

• I like Goncharova's Elevator Selfies as post-modern kitsch