2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• How are the teams for Pool A and Pool B determined for the final round?

pol A: China and 3rd and 4th

pol B: 1st, 2nd and 5th

it is serpentine system but the work:

pol A - China as host

pol B - 1st

pol B - 2nd

pol A - 3st

pol A - 4th

pol B - 5th

Same pool composition system like Olympic games and Olympic games qual.

• No, rules are constant for 7 years of VNL. 5 more left. But maybe FIVB will surprise us with something.

7 years is defenitely too long! Almost 2 Olympic Cycles! FIVB should change core teams after Tokyo.

• Italy with Orro-Nicoletti Pietrini-Bosetti C. Alberti-Fahr Parrocchiale is winning 20-9 over Belgium :what:

Even this Italian roster is pretty strong. Look at their OH duo, both can play as original starting OH duo.

Pietrini is already taking Sylla spot...

• Thailand coach never let Plemujit rest, I'm speechless... Youngsters don't even get much playing time in VNL:gone: He's bringing nothing to the table, Thailand made zero progress since he came. He's really horrible:rolleyes:

Agreed. That's why I miss the old coach. He still mainly used the older girls during his time, but he actually helped the THA team.

My hope is that after 2020, there will be no more golden girls left on the NT and only the younger current members and stand outs from the youth teams. The younger girls won't step up as long as there are the older veterans still around to lead/provide a safety net. The older veterans needs their long overdue vacation time. They can always come back to the NT, not as players, but coaches/trainers etc.

• Agreed. That's why I miss the old coach. He still mainly used the older girls during his time, but he actually helped the THA team.

My hope is that after 2020, there will be no more golden girls left on the NT and only the younger current members and stand outs from the youth teams. The younger girls won't step up as long as there are the older veterans still around to lead/provide a safety net. The older veterans needs their long overdue vacation time. They can always come back to the NT, not as players, but coaches/trainers etc.

but players like Tomkom and Pleumjit are still valuable to the team.

• I really see no point of bringing de Kruijf and Daalderop to Russia if you don't let them play a single point. Than you better give a chance to Polder/Timmerman and Oude Luttikhuis, so they can prove themself.

• Is it 100% sure? Because once I've heard FIVB commentator saying that the rule was changed and China would have been seeded according to his standing for F6. Obviously he could have been wrong, but I can't find nothing official on FIVB site.

• The commentator said Robin doesn't jump... Injury?

I haven't heard of in injury. I just think they are careful. In a tv program at the beginning of VNL, Morrison said to Beliën she wasn't allowed to jump because of the injury she had.