2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2019/0628/6121.html

2020 VNL:

Week 1 (May 19) : Germany, (), China, USA

Week 2 (May 26) : Japan, Poland, Turkey, China

Week 3 (June 2) : Thailand, Italy, Dominican Rep., China

Week 4 (June 9) : Netherlands, Serbia, (), China

Week 5 (June 15) : Belgium, Russia, Brazil, China

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• There are 2 empty places - core South Korea is missing. Did they assume that they will play in Tokyo and gave up with VNL to prepare (better)?

• There are 2 empty places - core South Korea is missing. Did they assume that they will play in Tokyo and gave up with VNL to prepare (better)?

If South Korea didn't decide to play against China in Week 1or Week 4, the empty places will be South Korea and the winner of Challenger Cup 2019.

Otherwise, It will be the winner and the runner-up of Challenger Cup 2019 - only in my opinion.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Or Bulgaria will stay and replace South Korea. They did the same before Rio and withdraw World Grand Prix.

• Yes but... i do not think Korea has any chance to play OG in the first place... So what do they prepare for?

In Asian qualifications they will have only one serious opponent - Thailand and probably Korea will win and qualify to Tokyo. I guess this is assumption of their federation and VNL is not good preparation for them.

Edit: didn’t see Matthias comment.

• And Lavarini accepted this job looking to be in OG, it will his main priority and i think that anything he wants he can have it, so, don't rule out South Korea yet, folks

• i hope the bottom 2 teams in VNL preliminary round will be cut off.

Korea and Bulgaria are apparently both missed out from the schedule.

then i guess the big chance is the finalists from challenger cup will be filled out.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Czech Rep beat Argentina 3-0, as expected. While Canada defeated Croatia by the same score.

Unfortunately Kossaniyiova got injured by the end of the third set :( It looked pretty bad.

• Canada 3-0 over Croatia by 25-18, 25-20, 26-24 to get to the challenger final.

Czech Republic will fight for the only vacancy against Canada in order to promote to 2020 VNL.

if Korea quits, i hope Canada could join the next edition, other than Bulgaria.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Czech Rep beat Argentina 3-0, as expected. While Canada defeated Croatia by the same score.

Unfortunately Kossaniyiova got injured by the end of the third set :( It looked pretty bad.

What happened to her? She played quite good in the last months.

• What happened to her? She played quite good in the last months.

Yes, she was playing even better than mlejnkova indeed. Pity that she got injured. I won't be surprised if they would lose against cCanada, without her

• Yesterday, Korean fans asked a Korean volleyball reporter whether the Korean women's team will participate in the 2020 VNL and he asked the Korea Volleyball Association about this issue.

Here's the reporter's current official answer.

"First of all, the Korean women's volleyball team is core team until 2024. Therefore, Korea ranked 15th in this year's VNL but will not be relegated to the Challenger Cup.

Korea Volleyball Association(KVA) says the countries announced by Chinese Volleyball Association has not been confirmed. And KVA hasn't received any official documents or communications from the FIVB regarding 2020 VNL yet.

KVA also said it has no intention of boycotting the 2020 women's VNL. Thus, KVA would lodge a complaint with the FIVB if Team Korea is relegated from the VNL before 2024."

So, Korean fans think the Chinese Volleyball Association posted the wrong information. Even German Men' Volleyball Team(15th in 2019 VNL) is also relegated although Germany is core team according to CVA's article.

Maybe China thinks that countries ranked 15th and 16th in 2019 VNL will be relegated unconditionally. Funny thing is, the Chinese Men's Team finished last in the 2019 VNL, which is on the list of entries for the 2020 VNL. 😂😂😂😂

• Please don't say more about it.

South Korea women's NT and Germany men's NT should not decide to play against China NT in which week by themselves!

If we think it improper that China Volleyball Association gave the "wrong" message [http://www.volleychina.org/b/2019/0628/6121.html], Please don’t get angry. Thanks.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• What happened to her? She played quite good in the last months.

Ankle injury after landing on the opponent's foot after a block. She was obviously in big pain, but ankle injuries always hurt like hell in the first moment even if they later turn out to be less serious. I expect her to surely miss the final though :(

• Another Korean article on the 2020 VNL was uploaded today. The schedule written by the Chinese Volleyball Association was posted to receive applications from chinese local governments to host 2020 VNL.

Korean Volleyball Association speculated that China may have arbitrarily scheduled the 2020 VNL. Thus, Korean NT is obviously going to participate in 2020 VNL.