2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• What happened to her? She played quite good in the last months.

Ankle sprain. It happened at the end of the third set (19-16 or something like this). Czech Republic was dominating (like during all the match), and during a long rally, she jumped in order to block, but she didnt step on well and slipped :(

Athanasopoulos said he was quite worried about losing her.

• That would be absurd. Any source?

14 players have arrived in hotel and also lang ping didnt come to nanjing.many main rosters fans buy high price tickets ,also about the money of hotel,airplane.....many fans feel disappointed.and langping is disgusting

• My guess is that Lang Ping doesn’t want to face Turkey with best roster as they will play against each other in OQ. Also she knows that knowing weak points of China, Guidetti is able to prepare Turkey to beat China on August.

• I honestly don’t know what’s there to hide, like you think other teams don’t know what your best lineup is? Besides, I really don’t think the OL is that important for China, as they could easily beat Korea and Thailand had they failed to qualify in August. I feel sorry for the fans.

• So basically group play for Italy and Turkey will be practice before SF... :white: Why the China is host then if they wanted to skip this tournament.

• for me , i dont think turkey is too strong to beat China in OQ.they dont use zhu ting in Jiangmen pool,they still beat turkey.I think evey strong teams should treasue the chances to play with other strong teams,especially those who are not in the same federation with you. lang ping is so disgusting.after 2020,she can spend she earned from china in us as a american. disgusting

• I honestly don’t know what’s there to hide, like you think other teams don’t know what your best lineup is? Besides, I really don’t think the OL is that important for China, as they could easily beat Korea and Thailand had they failed to qualify in August. I feel sorry for the fans.

I remember story of Andrzej Niemczyk, ex Polish coach who was coaching Germany in 70s or 80s and he played 4 or 5 friendly games against Brazil before Olympic Games and lost all of them. But Germans got really good lesson then and won against Brazil during Olympics. So my guess is this might be move in this style by Lang Ping.

This is kind of logic I would use if I would be the coach, but maybe I’m wrong in China case.

• Lang Ping did not sent A team to the finals in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and 2018 she did but they were not at their best. This has nothing to do with Turkey.

She simply does not care for VNL and she creates her calendar with VNL as lower priority, so her team is simply not ready mental and physically to compete... They're simply not ready.

On the other hand teams like Brazil and USA takes VNL seriously so they're playing their best during VNL.

European teams does the same thing as Lang Ping. And trust I did not know that until u guys kept telling me why European Teams does not play well in VNL. Now I learned how it works.

Since 2008 only Brazil and USA won this tournament. And unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon. Everyone else is simply not ready to compete at VNL and they don't care.

Mazanti said Italy wants to win VNL. But how do you get ready for a tournament u want to win while vacationing in Ibiza😝😍. Of course VNL is not a priority for them.

Anyways. Expect Brazil or USA to win this tournament every year for the next 200 years....

• Italy will go to the finals to try to to its best, just like they did in 2017 :whistle: Last year everyone was disappointed because they did not make the finals... Of course no one can show the best now, but it's a good test.

Italy almost always beat China in the WGP/VNL in 2017/2018 and this gave them the confidence they can do the same at a major and they did beat China twice at the WCH. This tournament was very important for Italy in the past years IMO

• Italy almost always beat China in the WGP/VNL in 2017/2018 and this gave them the confidence they can do the same at a major and they did beat China twice at the WCH.

And that`s exactly why Lang Ping does not want to face Italy and Turkey in VNL.

Italy won 3-1 the semis against China in 2017....That was the turning point for Italy... Lang Ping does not want to give them any more confidence for sure.

• Well, I understand why she won’t send her best team to VNL finals as she does this very often but they are the host. Why would they want to be the host if they won’t even going to use their best team. This is a waste of money and disrespectful towards the Chinese fans who are looking forward to see their A team.

• China B Team for the finals.

S: Yao Di, Diao Linyu

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Du Qingqing

OH: Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan, Duan Fang, Jin Ye

MB: Yang Hanyu, Hu Mingyuan, Zheng Yixin, Wang Yuanyuan

L: Lin, Li Ni Feifan

• I guess it was a case of either bringing A team and telling them to lose on purpose/not give 100% and leave fans disappointed with the results or bringing in players that will want to fight this match, lose gracefully. But disappoint fans again by not even bringing A squad in front of their home nation, while fans paid to see them.

Hmmm...

• It's time to cancel VNL, or try to make a proper one. Or you stop with this thing of "core teams" who cannot be relegated, make a proper way to qualify for VNL, or, i don't know, give ranking-points, or just give up. Even China is not giving a damn about it anymore :(

• It's time to cancel VNL, or try to make a proper one. Or you stop with this thing of "core teams" who cannot be relegated, make a proper way to qualify for VNL, or, i don't know, give ranking-points, or just give up. Even China is not giving a damn about it anymore :(

I think it's time to ban FIVB from volleyball, everything they touch turns not into gold but into like rusty copper. Smh