2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• It's time to cancel VNL, or try to make a proper one. Or you stop with this thing of "core teams" who cannot be relegated, make a proper way to qualify for VNL, or, i don't know, give ranking-points, or just give up. Even China is not giving a damn about it anymore :(

I think it's time to ban FIVB from volleyball, everything they touch turns not into gold but into like rusty copper. Smh

Guys and gals, we can't do both. We are stuck with both the FIVB and VNL. The FIVB needs an annual tournament for the national teams. The core teams are willing to pay the money to participate in the tournament. When looking at the list of countries they are basically the biggest ones in the sport.

Each country federation do have a choice to do as the see fit. For the USA, Olympics are goal #1, VNL #2, World Champs #3 (in my mind). Thailand goals when they hosted the Asian Games were Asian Games #1 and World Champs #2.

With this being a qualifying year for the Olympics (given the World Cup of being of less importance this year), having your squad ready to go for the quick three match sprint is critical. It is annoying that China signs a hosting contract and then does not send its best team to the Final. Yes, absolutely. However, for China the Olympics and World Championships are more important to the national discussion. Would the FIVB want China to do this kind of thing in the future? NO.

The only way this could have been avoided was to postpone the Olympic Qualifiers into 2020. However, the schedule would not allow it.

• Is there not a single reporter in China who can ask: "Yo! Lang Ping. What's the deal"? and get an answer?

• I think the World Cup should have been cancelled.

Turn Nations League into a World qualifying tournament for the Olympics.

And that's it.

For some teams the worst is yet to come as some of them will have to compete again in January. Look at Scandicci, there will either be without Malinov,Pietrini, C.Bosetti or without Sloetjes and Stysiak, Kakolewskwa.

Conegliano will probably be without Woloz, and Robin or Egonu,Sylla,Sorokaite,Folei,Genaro...that's basically their whole team.

Aydin will be in big trouble if they miss Plak and Maret for 2-3 weeks.

Imagine if Turkey and Serbia fails to qualify. Vakifbank will be without a setter.

• Lega will have a 3-week break.

• To be fair, China would do this even if they weren't hosting. And I guess that's why lang ping played the A-team in the prelims, so people can't say something about china only getting in because of host or something.

• We already know what Lang Ping would say, probably something like this... "The main players who played 4 weeks straight needs some rest to better prepare for the Olympic Qualifier. It will also be a good opportunity for the young players to get some valuable experience."

Lang Ping just wants her players ready for the IOQT. As a fan I am a bit upset, but there's nothing wrong with what she did in my opinion.

• As a fan, I want to see high quality volleyball. People expect this simply because the more the tournament reaches the finals the more high quality the volleyball games should be.

What makes it so annoying is the fact that China is the HOST. They are guaranteed to be in the semis. VNL 2019 finals should have just been in Thailand, USA or other countries who always do their best in this tournament.

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. With all the respect to Lang Ping, she is becoming paranoid sometimes. Yes Turkey is a promising team and would pose a threat to big teams but as we've seen before CHN is too strong to beat and even TUR beat them in qualification, they can still beat THA and KOR in Asian quals. This is very disrespectful for audience. Why the hell CHN federation wanted to host if they are not going to play with their strongest lineup:mad:

By the way, this is not a CHN B-C team. They are just missing some of their starters but starting opp, libero and all the main backup players will be there. This team is not that weak

• I actually think that this Chinese team composition is very crucial despite what other people here are thinking. We need to realize that they are lacking depth since there is a big drop talent wise outside the starter players. Unlike other teams, China is clearly struggling to fill out positions for the final roster to compete in the main tournaments. That includes the 2nd setter, 2nd libero, 2nd opp and 3/4 MB & OH. I definitely expect that everyone will give their A game as this is the final test to be included in the main team. You can tell that the 2nd opp is a biggest problem since they have tested several players and no one in standing out. I expect Zhang changning to fill-out the 2nd opp and the 3rd and 4th OH will be the standouts in the VNL finals. This is not Lang Ping being lazy or scared. This is her being tactical in trying to piece the puzzle for the final team and literally this is the last tournament to do that before the important tournaments start

• And speaking of finals week, Guidetti called out FIVB! Upon arriving in China, no FIVB staff was there to attend the Turkish team. Poor handling by FIVB.

he arrived in Shanghai,not Nanjing.poland and USA both transit from Guangzhou or Beijing.so he and his team should go to the host city by themselves.then fivb stuff will d their job. just think if you host the matches in istanbul and other teams arrivel in Ankara,will you receive them in Ankara?

• What makes it so annoying is the fact that China is the HOST. They are guaranteed to be in the semis. VNL 2019 finals should have just been in Thailand, USA or other countries who always do their best in this tournament.

I don't think this Chinese roster will make to the semis. Maybe they can take a set against Turkey, but that's about it I think.

Thailand's crowd would have great energy for the finals. USA would be great too, but I wish they would have it in another state maybe California. I'm a bit bias since I live here, but Hawaii as hosts would be awesome. I could see European countries (Italy, Turkey, Poland) hosting the VNL finals after 2020.

• just watching a little bit of CAN x CZE. it looked like CAN would be advancing to VNL main group next year as they were up 2-0 but now CZE is winning 3rd set.

i have to say the level is sort of low... are these the best teams not in the main group? sad that PUR is not at full force, i think they'd have been a better addition to main group.

• Canada beat Czech Republic 3-2. Unfortunately, Bailey got injured at the end of the second set. This caused some chaos in the northamerican team, so the europeans leveled up. The tie-break was quite good, but the canadian middles were the key in order to seal the victory.

Congrats to the maple girls! :teach: Welcome to the VNL!