FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• So, European teams will have to be in Japan playing LESS THAN A WEEK after finishing the ECh? How utterly ridiculous is that?!

Both the FIVB and the CEV should be ashamed.

Oh, and now watch the FIVB schedule the Olympic Qualifier for like August 17-20.

• VNL and WC will have the same format.... Round Robbin system only difference is VNL has a final round. How stupid is that?

WC is such a long tournament and with nothing on the line.

FIVB wants to grow the sport in the USA and China that's why theybwere given 3 years of VNL, in this case FIVb should have given them 2 years of VNL and make them host the WC... China W and USA M. And Japan should be OK with that.

Or if they want the new format that's fine... But just go ahead and cancel the WC for 2019 and bring it back in 2023.

VNL should be only 3 weeks... 5 weeks was just too much.

• You know what would be awesome? If the FIVB went back to the old rules and had the ECh finalists participate at World Cup. That way those teams would have just a couple of days to arrange their trip to Japan, which would be so much fun. Please make it happen!

• I don't see how this can be correct. CEV still hasn't updated their rankings, but if we replace the WCh '14 points with WCh '18, SRB is 1st, NED 2nd and then ITA and RUS share the 3rd place with the same number of points.

So NED should definitely participate at WC, while I don't know what the tie-breaker between Russia and Italy would be. Maybe Italy gets the 3rd place and ticket for WC as their most recent result is better than Russia's? I dunno. Anyway, Turkey should definitely be out of the picture.

But I guess ultimately it won't matter as much as I don't think any of these teams will take this tournament seriously.

• I don't see how this can be correct. CEV still hasn't updated their rankings, but if we replace the WCh '14 points with WCh '18, SRB is 1st, NED 2nd and then ITA and RUS share the 3rd place with the same number of points.

So NED should definitely participate at WC, while I don't know what the tie-breaker between Russia and Italy would be. Maybe Italy gets the 3rd place and ticket for WC as their most recent result is better than Russia's? I dunno. Anyway, Turkey should definitely be out of the picture.

But I guess ultimately it won't matter as much as I don't think any of these teams will take this tournament seriously.

I agree. It should be Serbia (294), Netherlands (288) and Italy/Russia (278), if VNL does not count...

• I agree. It should be Serbia (294), Netherlands (288) and Italy/Russia (278), if VNL does not count...

https://www.cev.eu/Rankings/Women.aspx

the latest CEV rankings was announced December 14, 2018, taking the account the points of recent 2015 and 2017 CEV championship (qualification included), 2018 World Championship (qualification included), 2017 WGP, 2017 CEV league.

it seems Serbia, Holland and Italy will take the vancancies. still waiting for FIVB's final announcement.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Why would they included 2017 wgp but not 2018:what:

• Why would they included 2017 wgp but not 2018:what:

There was no WGP in 2018 but VNL. 12 of 16 teams in VNL signed long-term deals with FIVB so it would be unfair to add them additional points for tournament they will participate no matter what.

• What will happend with European Games ? Someone said that winner of that competiton will get ticket for Olympics ?

They wanted to make this move because they want more interesting competition.

• What will happend with European Games ? Someone said that winner of that competiton will get ticket for Olympics ?

They wanted to make this move because they want more interesting competition.

according to the latest qualification regulation of Tokyo 2020, there is no vacancy allocated from European Games.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• CSV: Argentina, Brazil

CEV: Russia, Netherlands

AVC: China, Korea

CAVB: Cameroon, Kenya

NORCECA: USA, Dominican Republic

World Champion: Serbia

Host: Japan

:super:

Source: http://www.feva.org.ar/noticia…_femenino_noticias&id=908

• I am sorry but can anyone explain why Russia can go but Italy can’t?

I have been meaning to write this, maybe it was shared and discussed back in the time but I will share anyway. I listened to a podcast where Karch Kiraly was the guest, he said Olympic Qualification was changed most probably only for this Olympic Cycle and the reason World Cup is not considered a qualification tournament is Japan hosting the World Cup and Olympics. According to Karch, there is a rule that says a team that has been already qualified to Olympics cannot attend a qualification tournament. When I heard this, I was shocked. I mean, FIVB loves Japan and their money so very much, that they can change the rules in order to have the tournament in Japan anyway. Is Japan the one and only country that can host a FIVB tournament? He said most probably it will go back to old style, teams will be able to qualify in World Cup after 2020.

I know Brazil didn’t participate in World Cup in 2015 but I thought they didn’t want to play a meaningless tournament since they are already qualified to Olympics as host in 2016. I didn’t know this is a rule. I am suprised to myself for being suprised to FIVB and Japan relations.

• Italy NT is in top 3 teams in World. This is tragic.

• Italy NT is in top 3 teams in World. This is tragic.

Sure. But with the VNL, the OG qualifier and the ECH all happening before this, the Italian girls will probably be glad to get a break before they return to their clubs.