FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• I can't imagine World Cup outside Japan. This event has been always connected with this country and Fuji TV. I think it's preparation to cancel this event from FIVB calendar in the near future :(

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• I wouldn't be surprised if the FIVB calendar came to rest on an alternating biannual big gun--WCh, OG--and VNL bloat.

• Finally, good decision. There are so many tournament that we don't need World Cup. Olympic qualification tournament is better solution and it gives chance to 24 teams not only 12. In addition, they had to play 11 games in 16 days! That's crazy. Players health should be always the most important for FIVB not the money that japanese television will earn.

• I heard that Serbia isn't sending the A team to the world cup. Too bad; I've been wishing to see a full strength clash between China and Serbia since after Rio OG

• FWIW the JVA has posted a J-centric WC site. Has a nice schedules/results page that loads 100 times faster than FIVB's javascript tornado.

• Cannot wait for the event to kick off. Count down starts… 18 more days :set:

Enjoying the last part of the FIVB World TV package as of the VNL, IOQT then the World Cup show :whistle: the early autumn entertainment.

And this is a significant tournament for it gives WR, which will determine the seeding position etc!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Count down starts… 10 more days

FIVB World Cup 2019

http://worldcup.2019.fivb.com

It's said that this edition of World Cup presents more flexibility in term of roster list. Each team to announce their 14-roster at 24 hours before the match... extended deadline to accommodate the CEV teams.

/Edit: thx WZP for the clarification

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• I heard that even 14. Host guarantees 14 places in a hotel so this is dead rule. It was done only for Europe to choose rosters as late as possible.

• The Medal Winners in the 2019 World Cup Will Receive Huge Bonuses

According to media reports, the FIVB and the Japanese Volleyball Federation will reward the World Cup's medal winners with top three bonuses as follows.

Third place: The bonus is $100,000

Second place: the bonus is $300,000

First place: The bonus is $600,000

As one of the three major competitions of the FIVB, the World Cup already has its own strong appeal, and now it's given additional incentives by attaching huge bonuses, which make the championship even more coveted.

Source: Baidu

• Majority of that is coming from FIVB. In 2015 it was $250,000 for first. So big jump in prize money.

• Kumi Nakada announced roster of Japan for 2019 FIVB World Cup. There are 15 players ready to play in the tournament

2. Sarina Koga
    3. Nana Iwasaka

4. Risa Shinnabe

5. Erika Araki

6. Haruka Miyashita

7. Yuki Ishii

11. Yurie Nabeya

12. Miya Sato

13. Mai Okumura

14. Mako Kobata

16. Ai Kurogo

18. Akane Yamagishi

21. Miwako Osanai

24. Aika Akutagawa

28. Miyu Nakagawa

I completely don't understand what Ms. Nakada sees in Yamagishi :wall:
    Tashiro, Inoue are cut from the roster :white:. I'm happy that I see Miyashita again:heart:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Last chance in her mind to try young players. Once V.LEAGUE finishes next year, her squad will be 25-26 players at the beginning of camp. Can the younger players make an impact?

• It must be a clerical error. Yamagishi over Inoue is silly. At least she's not bringing Mami Uchiseto along

Tashiro and Inoue both played in Europe this past season. I thought Nakada liked that sort of thing.

I'm going to crawl into my shell until Coach Aihara takes over

• Last chance in her mind to try young players. Once V.LEAGUE finishes next year, her squad will be 25-26 players at the beginning of camp. Can the younger players make an impact?

Yamagishi isn't a youngster, though. The only youngsters are Osanai and Nakagawa, who I like but, seriously, they weren't the shiners of this youngster summer of love

• Now the rule is that 14 players are selected to be on court before the match ?

• Now the rule is that 14 players are selected to be on court before the match ?

Recently, the FIVB announced the NEW RULES for the women's volleyball World Cup this year. According to the NEW RULES, the 14-strong roster of the World Cup this year does not need to be reported before the start of the match, but can wait until 24 hours before the start of EACH MATCH. The team only need to decide the 14 players who will play the match 24 hours before the start of EACH MATCH. This NEW RULES give more flexibility to the team.

Due to the introduction of the NEW RULES of the FIVB, coupled with the fact that Lang Ping has not announced the 14-roster of the World Cup, it means that Lang may likely to bring all the 16 players currently doing training in Beijing to Japan. Let us wait and see.

Source: Baidu (2019.9.6 21:23)

This latest info is rather confusing, and no info given to the precise link of the FIVB said new rules (and I don't bother to check the FIVB site), so let see as time comes.

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().