FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• 28. Miyu Nakagawa

It's actually Mayu Ishikawa --two time MVP this summer-- who got the call, not Nakagawa. Source

Japan has too may Mayus and Miyus and some form of 'shikawa going on :rolll:

• It's actually Mayu Ishikawa --two time MVP this summer-- who got the call, not Nakagawa. Source

Japan has too may Mayus and Miyus and some form of 'shikawa going on :rolll:

Oops, sorry I made a mistake! 😓 Thanks for correct

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• So apparently teams can take up to 25 players, but only 14 can be registered before a match.

China roster (16) :

OS: Zhu Ting (C), Zhang Changning, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, Liu Yanhan

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yang Hanyu, Wang Yuanyuan Zheng Yixin, Yan Ni

S: Yao Di, Ding Xia

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Zeng Chunlei

L: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

• There is an initial registration number of 25 or 26, and then final cut down 15 or 16. Final roster has to be 14.

• What I read in the Chinese sports media, the new rules of FIVB allows the team to register varying 14-roster (among the 25 big list) for EACH MATCH, which is totally different from the previous practices of registrating the 14-roster for the WHOLE tournament. Unfortunately the media did not give the pertinent FIVB link about this new rule.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Dutch roster for the WC:

Setter: Bongaerts and Dijkema

Opposite: Sloëtjes and Plak

Oustide hitters: Buijs, Balkestein-Grothues, M. Jasper and Oude-Luttikhuis.

Middle blockers: Beliën, Lohuis, Koolhaas and Timmerman.

Libero: Schoot and Knip

So Daalderop isn't revovered on time

?(

• I also saw that De Kruijf post on her Instagram that she won't be playing at World Cup, wonder why? :/ Everyone else is going.

• I also saw that De Kruijf post on her Instagram that she won't be playing at World Cup, wonder why? :/ Everyone else is going.

Yes indeed. I already posted it on the Dutch NT forum. She and Morrison already agreed during clubseason she won't be playing world cup, because they don't want to take any risks looking at her recent injuries. In this way they hope she will be fit for olympic qualification tournament in January.

I get it, looking at her recent injuries. But Morrison said WC was more important than ECH, so why did de Kruijf play at the ECH and will not play at WC if she is your most important middle blocker?

• But the 14 can be different each match

No according to FIVB Event Regulations 2018 publishing, Rule 4.6.4, 12-14 player. If 14 must have 2 liberos on final roster.

Between the preliminary enquiry and the general technical meeting, a team can replace up to two (2) players with players listed on the O-2 Form.

Meaning 16 is max before tournament. 14 is max during tournament (4.5.1).

• Serbian roster:

Setters: Sladjana Mirkovic, Mila Djordjevic

Opp: Ana Bjelica

MBs: Maja Aleksic, Mina Popovic, Jovana Kocic, Maja Savic

OHs: Jelena Blagojevic, Bianka Busa, Bojana Milenkovic, Katarina Lazovic, Sara Lozo

L: Teodora Pusic, Bojana Gocanin

Coach: Aleksandar Vladisavljev

• I love this roster. This tournament is more like a training camp for them. Backups get to be starters while B team players get to be backups. I just think Blagojevic could have skipped this one due to her ankle injury suffered before the semifinal.

Only surprise is Djordjevic over Antanasijevic. I don`t think Cirovic will ever make it, and i think that has to do with her height.

I think their goal should be to finish no lower than 8th. I do think it is possible for them to beat DR and Korea. They certainly can`t lose for Argentina, Kenya and Cameroon. Any win over the rest would be considered a upset and a huge bonus for them.

Lang Ping must be super jealous of Terzic :lol:

• I guess Lozo will also play as OPP if needed and I expect Blagojević to skip the first few matches.

I just hope they'll play well and make everyone work hard against them.

SportKlub will be showing this tournament, so I hope for some good volleyball between the top teams! :)

• Brazil roster (25)

Outsides (7): Gabi, Gabi Candido, Natalia, Amanda, Tainara, Drusylla, Maira

Opposites (4): Sheilla, Paula, Lorenne, Tandara

Setters (4): Macris, Roberta, Fabiola, Juma

Middles: (6) Fabiana, Mara, Bia, Carol, Lara, Mayany

Liberos (4): Leia, Camila, Suelen, Natinha

• A bit late, Brazil is already in Japan with this roster.

S: Macris, Roberta

OPP: Lorenne, Sheilla

OH: Gabi, Drussyla, Amanda, Gabi Candido

MB: BIa, Mara, Fabiana, Carol

L: Leia, Camila Brait