FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• dang, i checked on livestream365 before i went to bed and DOM x CMR had started but the livestream wasn’t on. i missed that match.

i don’t intend to wake up in the morning to watch this but i couldn’t sleep so i woke up at 2:50 am, that’s how i caught this match. fun to watch. CHN played such good defense too, at this rate, i don’t think any team can beat them in tokyo, not even SRB...

• i didn’t watch it but in rio, didn’t fotso have 8 blocks against RUS in 3 sets? i was disappointed with CMR in the IOQT from the little i saw, i thought they had gone backwards, but i guess they had a good outing today. ARG & KOR better watch out.

i saw a little bit at the end of SRB x KEN. KEN still a mess, but they have strong hitters.

• dang, i checked on livestream365 before i went to bed and DOM x CMR had started but the livestream wasn’t on. i missed that match.

i don’t intend to wake up in the morning to watch this but i couldn’t sleep so i woke up at 2:50 am, that’s how i caught this match. fun to watch. CHN played such good defense too, at this rate, i don’t think any team can beat them in tokyo, not even SRB...

nonono SRB A team is best in the world and B team is second best

• You have to see her recent matches, she's been smiling a lot lately..

Post-Pankov -- following Busato :whistle:

But who wanna really smile seeing the steady, long, cold face of Pankov??? lol

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• somehow it doesn’t happen. CUB 2008 had some crazy strong servers (santos, carrillo) and yet they didn’t pass well.

Didn't Santos have a lot of service errors though? I picture that's the point when the world's moving away from jump spin serves because of the high rate of errors.

Maybe her team waited for her to serve out so they didn't improve. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• she self-destructed in the semis against USA, and then against CHN for bronze, but up to then she was crazy good. she was best server in the 2008 OG.

i mean, you might think they practice with those crazy serves so they’d be good at receiving them..,

• she self-destructed in the semis against USA, and then against CHN for bronze, but up to then she was crazy good. she was best server in the 2008 OG.

I looked up the beijing stats and I think Zhou Suhong deserves the best server award. Almost same aces as Santos but more attempts.

Serving aces is overrated if there's a lot of errors you're conceding in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• No Carol, No Distractions. - Buijs :wavy:

• dru with the sheilla shots..,

Great shot selection indeed. Her beach volleyball experience is an edge.

• I think Ze have to give Carol a try so Anne can let her guard down. :heart: