FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• Now watching the Netherlands- Brazil match. My god, how annoying are Ze Roberto and the Brazilian team! Keep screaming and making a lot of drama instead of push the button for challenge:down:

Great first set, some high level volleyball:cheesy:

• Lee JY is playing with great confidence. She's great to watch

• Lee DY as well. She's crazy

• Korea is just pwning Japan lately. Nice to see them at almost full strength. Those Lee sisters are something. Not to mention the awesome Kim Heejin :)

• Yang Hyo-Jin had a quiet game. I almost forgot she was playing. Is she fully healthy?

• I'm sure Coach Nakada would have preferred to go with what was surely her original plan of Ai Kurogo but shit happens. It's a great opportunity for Ishikawa. Her passing and defense aren't up to her senior team mates but this is how you learn and get better.

• I like Korea libero OH Ji-Young. She's got attitude

• A fantastic match between the South Koreans and the host team, tension built was incredible!

Once more time the KOR NT A again shows they are stronger than the host team after beating JPN NT A as well in the bronze medal match of the 2018 ASIAN GAMES (biggest multi-sport event in Asia) and in the 2019 VNL.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The official site still shows DOM and CMR as played twice only :-) lol

Are they still sleeping?

http://worldcup.2019.fivb.com/…esults-and-ranking/round1

The first screenshot taken on 2019.9.16 at 23:25 UTC +9

EDIT: The FIVB folks read this board, but some lazy staff amazingly just fixed the number of matches of the DOM and CMR but left out other details! DOM should have gotten 5 points and CMR has one.

The 2nd screenshot taken on 2019.9.17 at 01:25 UTC +9

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: Sorry, Cameroon should be shortened as CMR (not CAM)! ().

• Zhu tried to block Romanova's way from saving that ball.. the ref was right to give the point to Russia

I love it when the interference violation rule is enforced. Zhu Ting is a goddess but she's dead wrong with the complaining.

:lol:

The ref was wrong, as well as many posts!

If a ball goes to the freezone of component through the net within two antennas, that ball is already out.

So in that case, the russian player has no right to play that ball after it's in the freezone of chinese side.

See the figure below from FIVB rule documents:

Also: here is explanation of that rule:

10.1.2 The ball that has crossed the net plane to the opponent's free zone
    totally or partly through the external space, may be played back within
    the team hits, provided that: the opponent's court is not touched by the player;

• Yeah she hit the last ball crosscourt at a sharp angle. It's impossible for the ball to pass back outside the antenna (without hitting the bench or the stands)

shame on ref