FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• You just overlooked the ample FIVB World Ranking points given here, just as good as the OG and WCH :whistle:

Just feel sorry for those who missed the invitations.

As far as I know the points from 2019 World Cup won't be counted. It is probably the last edition of WC because Japan doesn't want to host it.

• USA wins the first set. To many unforced errors by the Netherlands, otherwise they could have won it. Bongaerts distributes well, involving the midde and the pins.

• Larson is hurting the Netherlands almost on her own:white: Buijs needs to step up!

• As far as I know the points from 2019 World Cup won't be counted. It is probably the last edition of WC because Japan doesn't want to host it.

Nope! The full WR points will be given as usual. Just wait and see :-) And if JPN really wants to get out of WC, CHN can easily step in to take over if FIVB does approach them for help.

All the Chinese sport media mentioned the consistent info on this WR point matter, and they have been proven as accurate on issues such as the allowance for the varying 14-player list out of the 25-big one for EACH MATCH :whistle:

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Edited 3 times, last by samsara ().

• Buijs is really bad today, it's a shame Daalderop isn't there. Bringing in Knip and Dijkema isn't going to help the Netherlands... Lohuis in is a good move, Koolhaas to slow in the block. Balkesetein-Grothues the only one who is playing good for the Netherlands at the moment.

• Please get off Knip, she can't receive and defence!:wall:

• How did Poulter suddenly take Carlini's starting spot?

She's the least experienced setter in the NT that still has a chance to go to the Olympics. I dont think it's an indication of where she's at in the pecking order. This is Karch making sure she gets some valuable playing time quarterbacking this team against a quality opponent. Something the USA dont really see a lot in NORCECA.

• So many unforced errors:aww: I don't understand you can play very good 2 days ago and now just play this bad||

• Well it's clear everyone needs to play at 100% to have a chance against the good teams. The mindset wasn't good today, they need to be aggressive. Some looked like they don't care, such as Plak.

Netherlands have been 4th at Olympics and WCh. I really hope they can end up with a medal here.

I hope it too, it will be good for their confidence! They need to win every game from now on, except China. I'm pretty sure they don't have a chance against them.

• So many unforced errors:aww: I don't understand you can play very good 2 days ago and now just play this bad||

BRA and USA are not on the same level now. USA's serves are a lot stronger, which puts pressure on NED's reception line. Plus, as I said before, NED's both setters are horrible, making the attackers impossible to kill. Lastly, NED's MBs are too slow, they can't block.