FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• That's mean :(

It was not my intention. I just wanted to describe that maybe this guy didnt have the intention to do something mean.

• People shouldn't underestimate the African teams. They have the physical build for power and they have tall players as well. Great to see all these countries receiving solid support and viewership.

I guess you did not see the numbers last year for attendance in Japan for the World Championships? The reasoning for the bigger numbers is as follows:

1. Opening day on Saturday: Russia played first against CMR, China and Korea was right afterwards, and then Japan finished the day in Yokohama

2. Four big countries playing back to back to back, gives you a better opportunity to see good volleyball.

3. Same thing for day two a Sunday: China played first, followed by Korea and Japan vs. Russia to finish the day off.

4. Monday was also a national holiday: So attendance was high because of it in Yokohama.

Ticket data for the events in Japan is as follows: Attendance is probably only for tickets scanned for that match. I attended the China vs. USA match and there was nowhere near 3,500 people at the beginning of the match. As the arena got more full because people started to arrive early for the Japan match, while the China vs. USA went to a fifth set, attendance did increase.

• Goncha such a smart player, her tips are nice to watch :heart:

• No, the only tournament she played was VNL for those final 2 weeks. And I`m afraid we won`t see much of her anymore, and that mostly has to do with her height, she`s only 1.75cm ;(. They brought Djordjevic as backup, she`s 1,80cm.......I knows it is only 5 cm difference, but it does make a difference.

If you are a Takeshita or Fofao, height does not matter....but if u r not like them....then height does matter. Especially for a team like Serbia. Having a tall setter is very important. (Maja 1.85, Mirkovic 1.85, Zivkovic 1.88, Antonjevic 1.88 = As you can see CIrovic does not "fit" with their setting style and needs.

But I really like Cirovic and I wish I could watch her play....

Am I going to get to see any Aleksandra Čirović action in this B Tournament?

• Bjelica 29 points :super:.

What a amazing comeback for Serbia....I thought that 4set was over...but they did not give up.

I hope Mina Popovic gets to play tomorrow, they will need her against the Dutch. Mirkovic had a good night setting.

• USA - Netherlands almost starts! I think USA are fired up to win this one, after the loss during the last WCH.

Netherlands with the same starting 6 as against Brazil.
    USA starting with Poulter:what:

• Wow, I thought noone will care about this tournament at all after it was stripped from basically any value outside of FIVB World ranking points, but wow, even Kenya and Cameroon get at least 3,000 spectators per match!

You just overlooked the ample FIVB World Ranking points given here, just as good as the OG and WCH :whistle:

Just feel sorry for those who missed the invitations.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• You just overlooked the ample FIVB World Ranking points given here, just as good as the OG and WCH :whistle:

Just feel sorry for those who missed the invitations.

As far as I know the points from 2019 World Cup won't be counted. It is probably the last edition of WC because Japan doesn't want to host it.

• USA wins the first set. To many unforced errors by the Netherlands, otherwise they could have won it. Bongaerts distributes well, involving the midde and the pins.