FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• Bjelica played in France this past season (Before that she has played in Brazil, Turkey, Poland). This upcoming season she will returning to Osasco (Brazil) where she played for them 2 seasons ago.

Sometimes during WGP Bjelica played as starter (I remember Serbia-China in 2013 when she scored almost 30 points) but Serbia had also Sanja Malagurski who was tried as OH/Opp many times but cut before each important competition.

• NED really are in a bad place, but it's risky to hire a new coach now, and I don't think anyone could help them in a short period of time, they have way too many problems, ever since Rio, they've been going downhills, what a pity, they just can't maintain high level like other top teams, I really don't see them beating Turkey or Poland, hell, maybe not even Germany. ;(

• I think it was GP 2014 where Malagurski played mostly at OPP. But at that time Serbia was trying too many different players and lineups, was confusing to figure out who was playing in each position and who would start or not. They were also dealing with many injuries and that did not help.

another thing: Bongaerts is too good to be wasted on the bench in Germany.

• Bjelica played in France this past season (Before that she has played in Brazil, Turkey, Poland). This upcoming season she will returning to Osasco (Brazil) where she played for them 2 seasons ago.

Not that 27 is old but she has the face, the energy, of someone ready to break out. I just looked her up to see if I might have seen her before in a Club World against NEC or something, but no. I guess just in these recent tournaments

• Not that 27 is old but she has the face, the energy, of someone ready to break out. I just looked her up to see if I might have seen her before in a Club World against NEC or something, but no. I guess just in these recent tournaments

She did play against NEC during the 2017 Club WCH, with Osaco.

Osasco had Bjelica (OPP) and Tandara as OH.

• She did play against NEC during the 2017 Club WCH, with Osaco.

Osasco had Bjelica (OPP) and Tandara as OH.

I thought so. The source I used, volleybox, has the info wrong. Unsurprisingly

• I think it was GP 2014 where Malagurski played mostly at OPP. But at that time Serbia was trying too many different players and lineups, was confusing to figure out who was playing in each position and who would start or not. They were also dealing with many injuries and that did not help.

another thing: Bongaerts is too good to be wasted on the bench in Germany.

Yes. It was 2014. She played as opposite and was cut just before WCH (Brakocević and Bosković played). She started following season in Chemik as opposite but got injured after few weeks.

• sitenoise, shouldn’t you be sleeping? how you gonna catch US x BRA?

I'm enjoying a little DOM v RUS, which I think is going to a Tie Break, but need to sleep before the early morning matches, yes. JPN v CHN is important to me even though I don't expect any surprises

• Yes. It was 2014. She played as opposite and was cut just before WCH (Brakocević and Bosković played). She started following season in Chemik as opposite but got injured after few weeks.

That`s right. Terzic cut Malagurksi over Boskovic.

And I remember Terzic gave a interview saying he did cut her because she was injured. But later Malagurski came out saying that was a lie and she was not injured.

Bjelica replaced Malagurski in Chemik, right?

• I think I've been saying for three years something like DOM is a "surprisingly" good team. I gotta drop that "surprisingly" part. I think it's because I've mostly seen them play Japan who often can be problematic for them. The other thing is they are "surprisingly" quick for kinda big players

• Marte with the block :) Tie Break!

oh, there's a challenge

• DOM are a good team, in the top 10 in the world, but they make dumb mistakes a lot. like today, not killing overpasses, not covering blocks, bad sets out of system, bad reception, bad sets by marte, bad defense. and they really don’t serve well. castillo is really missed.

• The Dominican Republic is again showing up that it's a strong team that needs to be taken into account by every one!

When those big arms of theirs succeeded to shut off Goncha at the right corner, the game pendulum was swung to their favour!

Yesterday's match against the Chinese team was simply deceiving those inattentive viewers.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• That`s right. Terzic cut Malagurksi over Boskovic.

And I remember Terzic gave a interview saying he did cut her because she was injured. But later Malagurski came out saying that was a lie and she was not injured.

Bjelica replaced Malagurski in Chemik, right?

Nope, they played together. Bjelica joined Chemik in 2013, Malgurski in 2014. Sanja was supposed to play as OH but she played the whole summer as opposite and Bjelica wasn't in good shape. Cuccarini started the season with Bjelica but she and Kowalińska were really bad. After few weeks Ana started playing better as opposite and Sanja as OH but she got injured...

Bjelica was playing good in Chemik overall but after 4th place in CL the main sponsor decided to change many players. The sponsor's president wanted Wołosz instead of Maja so the valid contract with Maja was resolved. Bjelica was replaced by Montano, Malagurski by Havelkova.

• DOM are a good team, in the top 10 in the world, but they make dumb mistakes a lot. like today, not killing overpasses, not covering blocks, bad sets out of system, bad reception, bad sets by marte, bad defense. and they really don’t serve well. castillo is really missed.

:rolll:

tie break, no net fault