FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• For USA type of the game your setter needs to be on Wolosz-Glass level to be at the top, and if you have someone as their now setter they can be strong but not enough...

No. What they need are coaching staff that knows when and when not to employ "USA Fast". It's an ok enough system but it's also very limiting. Very little room for error for the hitters. Not ideal against tall, agile and defensively responsible teams.

• For USA type of the game your setter needs to be on Wolosz-Glass level to be at the top, and if you have someone as their now setter they can be strong but not enough...

USA's problem is that they can not guarantee a solid reception. No matter how good your setter is, she can not make a magic pass with a poor reception.

• This. Individual talents aside, their defense is the definite key.

Defense isn't an innate skill. It's remarkable the advancements they've made. I think their serving has improved quite a bit as well. Both of these things come down to practice practice practice. Good on them.

• Serbia and Italy can break the Chinese reception with their powerful jump and stricky float serves. If u give China a lollipop serve, u know what`s gonna happen.

Mihajlovic and Boskovic will have to jump serve against them......Egonu already does it.

• Serbia and Italy can break the Chinese reception with their powerful jump and stricky float serves. If u give China a lollipop serve, u know what`s gonna happen.

Mihajlovic and Boskovic will have to jump serve against them......Egonu already does it.

I agree that Serbia’s serves could make it difficult for them, but Italy is not a strong serving team at all. Players like Sylla and Chirichella have really weak serves that will cause them no trouble.

On the other hand, Turkey is a really good serving team but we saw how easily China handled them in the OGQ tournament, so I can imagine them dealing with Serbia’s serves too.

• There’s a lot of time between now and Tokyo. If Netherlands play like they have this summer then I would be shocked if they got a medal, but we can’t just forget about their good years in 2015-2018 so easily. I think they can still recapture that form and if they do then they’ll be a threat.

A good coach makes the difference. Morrison is just not good enough.

• Last year, " ignore No.1"

Next year, No. 3 ........something"

BTW, who is No. 3 in Chinese team.

There is no #3 at the moment. It's currently the 3rd setter Diao Linyu (but she didn't make the roster for world cup)

Maybe a sign she will go to Tokyo 2020? :D

• I love Clayton Lucas's lectures on playing the ball in front of you, not thinking ahead about the ball you're going to play next :drink:

• Serbia is a freaking mess right now.

I don't think Blagojevic is the right match up against Korea... Need Busa or Lazovic.

Tough matchup for anyone when the indomitable Kim He-jin and her headband are across the net :thumbup:

• why are ITA and TUR so low and ARG and KOR so high????

besides, ARG will probably not make it to tokyo, it'll most likely be COL...