FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• FIVB Senior World Ranking - Women

http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VB_Ranking_W_2018-10.asp

After FIVB removes the points from 2015 World Cup, then the array will be as below:

1. SRB 232

2. CHN 220

3. NED 178

4. USA 176

5. ITA 165

6. BRA 150

7. JPN 140

8. RUS 128

9. KOR 98

10.DOM 78

11.TUR 72

12.ARG 68

Then FIVB will add in the new points from the 2019 World Cup as follows:

WC Rank -- WR Points

1. 100

2. 90

3. 80

4. 70

5. 50

6. 40

7. 30

8. 25

and for position No. 9 to 12: each gets 5 points

We can only know the exact new WR positions after the completion of this tournament.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• 20-5 in the 3rd.

25-9 :what: What a slaughtering!

I think this is one of the 2 lowest score in the whole World Cup. The other was Korea vs Argentina (same score).

And according to the WR, DOM is the 10th best team, in the other hand; Argentina the 12nd...:read:

TUR is, by far, a top 10 team :teach:

• I also find interesting that people totally ignore Netherlands when they have actually reached the semi finals in both Olympics and Word Championship, but I guess some people sees VNL wins as more important.

If Netherlands makes it....I will certainly consider them among the favorites, just behind CHN, SRB and ITA.

No one sees vnl more important. But people see most recent performance as most important;)

• Great start by Sloëtjes! Reception needs to be better, so Sloëtjes doesn't get overloaded with balls.

• How can you give this away!!!:wall:

Netherlands never can close out a set and that is the reason why they never became first in a tournament!

Buijs again the weak link in the team:down:

• ROSSIYA ROSSIYA ROSSIYA

Russia makes a great comeback to stay in the medal race! Fantastic volleyball.... as commented by the FIVB commentator (who's this guy??? seems to be a good commentator)

RUS 26 : 24 NED -- Set 1

Two RUS blocks give the first set to RUS.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• Koroleva should win best MB of the tournament :super:

• The problem is that both Oude Luttikhuis and Jasper are not even close to Buijs' level. So there isn't any good backup available

• WOW!!! A very high intensity match runs in very high tempo!!!

FIRST CLASS among the two ECV titans!!! :rolll: