FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• but the big question is.... "What if" Serbia A and Italy played ?? !!! :/

No what ifs. Serbia chose not to play their best team and Italy didn't qualify. Wait until Olympics.

• but the big question is.... "What if" Serbia A and Italy played ?? !!! :/

It would be top 3

Serbia, Italy and China

but Hard to predict in which order...

• No what ifs. Serbia chose not to play their best team and Italy didn't qualify. Wait until Olympics.

This.^

Seriously, womens volleyball is one of the most unpredictable sports in the world. There's enough evidence in this tournament alone. One team getting swept by another put up a better fight against the other who gave a beating to that other team. You're kidding yourselves if you think you can predict the outcome of this tournament with your what if scenarios.

• Too bad for Russia, they almost won the match if not for the passing breakdown in Set 5. One thing is clear, Russia needs a Busa kind of player to stabilize the reception (Scherban?) and another attacking OH (who can also play as Opp for the double sub) as Parubets-Voronkova duo is not too stable. I think Russia is on the right track they just need to gain experience as a team and hopefully Buzato stays until Tokyo.

S: Startseva, Romanova

OPP: Goncharova

MB: Koroleva, Fetisova, Efimova

OH: Parubets, Voronkova, Scherban, Kosheleva/Lazareva/Kadochkina

L: Malova, Galkina/Pilipenko

I think this roster is good enough to have a chance to compete with the best teams.

• Russia is playing very well. Why do people discredit them in this World Cup? And isnt it more exciting if we see games reach 5 sets?

Btw, I like the coach of Russia. He smiles a lot and I believe it is one of the reasons the Russian team is playing well in this tournament. I hope he remains until Tokyo 2020.

• Russia is playing very well. Why do people discredit them in this World Cup? And isnt it more exciting if we see games reach 5 sets?

Btw, I like the coach of Russia. He smiles a lot and I believe it is one of the reasons the Russian team is playing well in this tournament. I hope he remains until Tokyo 2020.

I didn't discredit the team at all and I agree with your statement. I just feel Russia has not played AND realized it's 100% potential. They can definitely compete with the favorites in Tokyo if they solve their issues and play their cards right.

• I hope Yuan/Yan Ni and Zhang will get individual award in this tournament. Last two matches are best chance for them to make more points!!:super:

According to current stats, Zhu will get (MVP), Zhang->(best outside hitter), Yan Ni->(best middle blocker):super:

• Gabi footballs one back into play :thumbup:

• Nice comeback from Brazil but service error gave Korea first set. One more set from Korea and Brazil is virtually eliminated from bronze medal.

• T, Russia needs a Busa kind of player to stabilize the reception (Scherban?) and another attacking OH (who can also play as Opp for the double sub) as Parubets-Voronkova duo is not too stable.

I think this roster is good enough to have a chance to compete with the best teams.

I agree. But I`m not so sure Scherban would be that player at this point. A option would using a 2nd libero to play OH and come in only to pass, like Italy does. But that might not work for the Olympics. Kosheleva could be the attacking OH if she has a good season in China and VNL.

• I hope Yuan/Yan Ni and Zhang will get individual award in this tournament. Last two matches are best chance for them to make more points!!:super:

According to current stats, Zhu will get (MVP), Zhang->(best outside hitter), Yan Ni->(best middle blocker):super:

I think Zhu will get one of the Best OH award (rightly so) and Robinson will be the other one.. For MB, Koroleva is way ahead of the pack and the other MBs in the running are: Yan Ni, Ogbogu. If Russia wins Bronze, I hope they give the best Opp award to Goncharova she's the second best scorer of the competition and mostly because I love her of course :rose:

• I really don`t want Serbia to be #2 after the rankings are set, because if that happens China and Serbia would end up in the same group in the OG, but also in the semis if they were to be 1 and 2 in the group.

I want Serbia to be #3 and be placed in the group with Japan.

That is the problem of giving the host country #1. It basically prevents the 2 best teams from reaching the final, unless a upset happens in the group stage.

• I really don`t want Serbia to be #2 after the rankings are set, because if that happens China and Serbia would end up in the same group in the OG, but also in the semis if they were to be 1 and 2 in the group.

I want Serbia to be #3 and be placed in the group with Japan.

That is the problem of giving the host country #1. It basically prevents the 2 best teams from reaching the final, unless a upset happens in the group stage.

It’s doesn’t mean that. For example in Rio, USA and NED were the top 2 from group B and they could have faced off in the final if they had won their SFs.

• I think that Zhu will get MVP. If they can award MVP and best OH to same person, then best OH along with Kelsey Robinson. If not then 2nd OH is hard to choose. Maybe Gabi. She really carries Brazil on the wings.

MBs is hard to choose. I think Irina Koroleva and Yuan Xinyue.

Setter for me is Ding Xia

Opposite Goncharova

Libero Kobata