FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• In fact if Korea continues this form tomorrow they could well beat the USA.

And if Brazil loses today they might give up psychologically as well, we could see Russia finishing before the USA.

• In fact if Korea continues this form tomorrow they could well beat the USA.

And if Brazil loses today they might give up psychologically as well, we could see Russia finishing before the USA.

Then I will be cheering for Korea tomorrow :lol:

• I'm happy for KIM Heejin 8)

• Korea became the spoiler. They can spoil Russia's chance for silver by losing against USA, for retaliation of course.

• No chance of this now. Probably Parubets instead.

• OMG! What a historic win by the South Korean team over the Brazilian team!!! :cheesy:

What's the very last time KOR NT A beat BRA NT A in any match of substance???

For BRA by this loss, lost also the opportunity for the Bronze medal.

The FIVB TV quality Commentator (Lucas Clayton!? / Simon Golding!?) kept on saying "Amanda hit with anger" in the 4th set, being upset for losing the medal party…

Being away, can hardly follow the match earlier.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Russia is becoming really dangerous as we go closer to Olympics.

Goncharova- i believe she is within top 3 best hitters at this point. Shes getting low percentage due to all shank balls being given to her. To see her managed huge points and decent efficiency despite russias lack of talent in receiving makes her a Queen.

Lazareva- strong potential here. I think shes even better than khaletskia at being Sub Opp position. Being given this sub OH role makes me remind of younger Goncharova who played lethal OH attacker during London Olympics, except the reception. She can go on this path as both OH of russia is not at Koshelevas level.

Kosheleva- can come back as a sub OP. Not sure if she will accept butt i dont think national team is her priority. She hasnt been playing since 2016 olympics.

Lazarenko- dangerous. Strong in atk and serve. Must be starting 6 than efimova in my opinion.

Koroleva- shes becoming the greatest of her generation as of the moment. Great in atk and defense.

Fetisova- better defender than Korolova but lacks digging when at the back of the rotation.

• sometimes i think clay lucas is too judgmental and presumptuous.

that guy is a bullshit. All laughing. Not commenting. She is hard at brazil players. And chose not to correct if who is the person he is commenting. He said "roberta" when it was macris.

Fivb should change their commentators

• Russia still have a shot at winning silver medal.

Korea have been improving and it is not impossible for Korea to beat USA.

RUS and NED were fortunate that the KOR team rested KYK in its matches against these two teams :-) which was a fortune not being granted to SRB team later on.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I agree, this Russian team is resurgent!

Kosheleva is at Guangdong VC and seems to be enjoying her time there though :) :) :)

They are definitely missing Fetisova. She was a great blocker.

• If I were you, i wouldn't underestimate the Korean power, Russia can be Silver yet :super:

USA and Russia should sweep 3-0 today. So that means USA at 9 wins and 25 points, while Russia at 8 wins and 23 points.

USA would be at 27-9 sets (3.000) to Russia 26-11 (2.364).

If USA wins 2 sets, it gets them to 26 points and 29-9 sets. But if USA loses in 5, then 29-12 sets ratio of (2.417). Russia would have to sweep Brazil to win silver on sets ratio 29-11 to 29-12. However if tied on sets ratio, Russia wins 3-1 vs. Brazil and USA goes 5 and losses, points ratio would come into play and right now Russia is ahead by 10 points (123-113).

Still a USA win on Sunday (combined with win on Saturday), clinches 2nd place.