FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• as I wrote before, the Korean team is not the team to be underestimated because a team that won 4-th place in the 2012 OGs.

they have a good head coach (+ KYK) now and I think they won't be easy team to defeat in the Olympics. This result was expected if you ask me.

Agree KYK single handedly brought korea to the volleyball world at that Time.

shes far from her peak already. But we can saw glimpses of her queenly power

• Korean middles quietly 15/18

• OMG! What a historic win by the South Korean team over the Brazilian team!!! :cheesy:

What's the very last time KOR NT A beat BRA NT A in any match of substance???

South Korea wins over Brazil since 2002 as follows:

2002 World Champ 5th Place Semifinal 3-2

2003 World GP 3-0

2012 Olympics Pool Play 3-0

and today.

That's it.

Brazil leads series at 16-4 (2002 to now) with today's result.

• Korea is known for strong service. They will be sure to take a page out of China's match with the USA and throw everything they've got at Courtney.

But I love to watch Courtney!!! She's way more attractive to watch than the little JWO :whistle: and who knows if the beautiful Courtney will play her match of this tournament tomorrow :super:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Whats tour analysis on Brazil Team?

I think Lorenne lacks the star power of Former Sheila. I dont see a sheila on her. No

Gabi- very strong but short player. Makes her less competitive.

Mara- shes very strong attacker.

Fabiana- great slider. She can be a starter in my opinion.

Drussyla- i dont see a potential in her. I think her height limits her greatness

• The whole tournament woyld become different if Korea put all best members at all game. They almost gave up game with russia and netherlands and I think the result could have changed with the best members of korea.

Korea's opposite KHJ played not that well today but LJY and KYK covered them all. LDY's setting wasn't that stable especially when it goes to opposite, but she keeps on following the ball and frequently makes running sets, making it more easy to attack with less blockers.

LJY was definetly amazing. She got 60 percents og receives I think. Reception was not that stable but she makes the point with her attacking skills(48%)

KYK made 5 aces today, her serve was really good today. And korean middle blocker's attacking rates was amazing. KSJ(7/8) and PEJ(6/6).

Brazil was a mess today. They made so many mistakes and they seems to have concentrated the next game against russia. They need 3 points today but they didn't made it. In 4th sets it seems that their concentration was definetly out of shape. Also Brazil NT doesm't need Sheilla anymore I think. Will get better if Natalia and Tandara comes baack.

• Do you think Brazil is still a podium material in Japan Olympics?

• as I wrote before, the Korean team is not the team to be underestimated because a team that won 4-th place in the 2012 OGs.

they have a good head coach (+ KYK) now and I think they won't be easy team to defeat in the Olympics. This result was expected if you ask me.

Agreed. Considering the results of this tournament, OQ pool E was not easy pool with russia and korea being really nice.

Russia is playing well though they lost Fetisova, Korea is playing well either though they didn't put best members in all games.

• Hey, you never know with these things. Had they played their full strength vs. Netherlands and Russia maybe Brazil would have taken them much more seriously. Maybe Korea would be exhausted. Lavarini has his own strategy for the world cup and Olympic qualification.

• Thanks brahmin for the info. Well last was in 2012, seven years ago… long enough, no wonder Lucas mentioned it as a historic win! And any victory on the Three Major Championships is surely the one worth to remember, a win of substance!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Do you think Brazil is still a podium material in Japan Olympics?

Still have a chance I think. China and serbia seems to fight to get gold. Italy is weakening right now and they are not good at olympucs traditionally.

Podium will be composed of China, Serbia and one bromze medal team.

It would be(written first means possibilites higher): Italy, usa, russia, brazil, turkey(if they made it in EOQ), korea(if they keep advancing like this).

Olympic is knock out tournament and we can't easily estimate the results, which makes it more thrilling to watch.

• Korea could had the chance to get a medal had they play their best lineup against Russia and won. Anyway they can screw Russia by losing against USA for that eye gesture incident.:lol:

• Korea could had the chance to get a medal had they play their best lineup against Russia and won. Anyway they can screw Russia by losing against USA for that eye gesture incident.:lol:

Could have REALLY screwed Russia by playing full strength against them and losing vs. USA and Brazil.

• Could have REALLY screwed Russia by playing full strength against them and losing vs. USA and Brazil.

Jokes aside, I think Korea will play their best to get morale boost victory over USA.

• Korea is playing USA in the first match, while Russia plays Brazil in a much later match, and they will know the result of USA and Korea.

Yeah thats why Korea can change the color of medal for Russia if they want to but don't think they will. Russia vs Brazil match will only be relevant if Korea upsets USA.

• My views on teams

China basically would be ready to win Olympics if it was next week. Any injuries to starters would hurt them (as any other team).

USA played ok at times, but still only 1 loss to China at this point. The debate on libero is probably overdrawn.

Russia is playing about at last year's world championship level. Still losing to USA and China is not bad, but could this team beat normal squad Serbia?

Serbia backups with some starters has been fine and gotten other players some experience, so for them about where they could be.

Brazil with Tandara is a different team. Tandara and Gabi together give Brazil a chance to win as both are so powerful. Gabi can carry the team far by herself, but not to a gold medal.

Netherlands has had a confounding tournament. They should be better and they aren't. I had to say that they may need to a new coach. This team is better than it is performing. However, they only have a silver medal (2017 Euros) to show for all of their play from Rio 2016.

Japan has been really bad, and I don't know if Nakada is the right coach at this time. Roster has switched so much. If she is coaching next year with the NT, she's got to set the roster very quickly and stick to it in VNL.

South Korea, has had a great tournament with three upsets of Serbia (ok the B side), Japan and Brazil. I expect them to qualify from Asian qualifiers.

DR can throw some curve balls at some teams and scare some people next year.

Argentina is what they are, which is a long way behind everyone not playing from Africa.

Cameroon is the stronger African side and went to 5 sets twice.

Kenya is weaker than Cameroon.

• Mina Popovic was amazing....and so was Mirkovic by feeding her the ball.

Very disappointing that Busa was taken out so early on....It was great they won 2 sets with Milenkovic, but Busa should have replaced Blagojevic in the 3rd set.

Had Serbia sent their A roster, tonight we would be watching the Gold Medal Match.....I`m still curious to see what Serbia will do against China tonight.

Indeed it suspiciously looked like the SRB team played NOT to win against JPN yesterday. Some thought the SRB team voluntarily plans to relegate its WR for the sake of the serpentine pool placement in the 2020 Tokyo OG.

Like some said here, the 2020 OG Gold medal is the only target of the Terzic team right now after grabbing both WCH and ECH, World Cup and WR are nothing for them, all can be ditched for the utmost sake of the Olympics Gold.

Time will divulge wether this strategy is exercised or not.