FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• No, Gioli was the MVP of 2007 World Cup. Zhu is the first player ever in volleyball history to do this. Also, she has three MVPs from the three major tournaments, the most in volleyball history as well.

I think Lang Ping has 3 mvps from all 3 major tournaments. Zhu Ting needs World Championship to be first 4 times mvp.

• She can be the first 4 time MVP in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

• No, Gioli was the MVP of 2007 World Cup. Zhu is the first player ever in volleyball history to do this. Also, she has three MVPs from the three major tournaments, the most in volleyball history as well.

Thank you :heart:, I checked and I got confused with the 2007 European Championship. I didn't remember my beloved Gioli,the slide master, as MVP :heart:. I was also thinking that Agüero couldn't play for Cuba after 2000, otherwise she could've had more medals and awards.

Anyway :D congrats to Zhu and China!

A cuban player has already accomplished to get two World Cup MVP. Mireya Luis got that award in 1989 and 1995 edition.

• With the exception of Brazil.... China not only won this tournament but they simply destroyed every team into pieces.

Besides Brazil, every team looked like a bunch of armatures.

I knew they would win, I just did not know they would win this easily. Obviously in Tokyo only Serbia and Italy can compete with them. But Brazil is one team they will need to be extra careful with.

agree.Brazil still has good chance to be the medalists next year.they need a healthy natalia and tandara.please shiella doesnt come to NT again.No offense to her,but her condition cant adapt to the team.the new opps is ok.for MB,ade and mara, mayany,bia for 3 positions.and i dont think macris is that good.the other setter is good for me.for serbia,i think china is their main competitor.next year, China, Serbia,Italy,Brasil and USA have the biggest chance to be medalists if no other dramas

And our 👑 Zhu...will be staying at home for the club season. She must be feeling super happy.

yes,but after 3 years playing in vakif ,she can have a long time with her family.I dont think she will play all matches in Chinese league.most of time,she will cure her injuries and improve connection with their backup setter.also she can help her young teammates improve skills. she has much experience,trainning with her is a good chance to study.

• Can somebody translate please?

Reporter:Congratulations on China Women's Volleyball Team's eleventh consecutive victory. Yesterday you said that we should pay attention to our opponents and respect them, but I didn't expect that.

Langping:Yes, we are not familiar with our opponents. The more unfamiliar you are, the harder it will be to play. In addition, it is difficult to determine whether an athlete can remain focused. I think it's still a tough game to play. I know I am the champion, but the game is not over yet. So we need to control our excitement and play well. I don't think players in the first half of the game are really involved, but that time is a bit dangerous. This is the case.

R:In fact, it feels very warm when you put 14 athletes on the stage. I am particularly touched.

L:Yes, it's actually quite difficult. 16 players, it's hard.

R:To calm down, have you ever thought of winning the eleventh consecutive games?

L:Never thought, in fact, it's 11 games. we just fight one game at a time.

(Lang Ping cried here and walked away.)

• With the exception of Brazil.... China not only won this tournament but they simply destroyed every team into pieces.

I knew they would win, I just did not know they would win this easily. Obviously in Tokyo only Serbia and Italy can compete with them. But Brazil is one team they will need to be extra careful with.

I think italy will be the biggest competitor for China if they play stable. There is no big improvement in serbia team recent years. Rio's serbia team is the strongest generation! :super:

• I think italy will be the biggest competitor for China if they play stable. There is no big improvement in serbia team recent years. Rio's serbia team is the strongest generation! :super:

If you had reached your peak, there's no more room to big improvement. Serbia are playing a prime volleyball at their prime. They are a hell of an opponent and a force to be reckoned with. For Paris, okay, they will have a lot of work to do, because they will need to recycle things, but now, just one year for Tokyo? They are prepared, more than ever, you can see on their faces, just look at Veljkovic right on your left :P

• There is no big improvement in serbia team recent years. Rio's serbia team is the strongest generation! :super:

They have improved a lot since Rio... Every Player was and still is on the top of their game. Boskovic, Mihajlovic, Maja, S.Popovic, Veljkovic. Rasic is the only one who`s level dropped a bit, but her blocking is still the best. They might have lost Stevanovic, but they gained Mina Popovic and Aleksic.

In Rio Serbia only had Malesevic as Oh2, now they have Busa,Blagojevic,Milenkovic and Lazovic.....that`s major improvement.

As you can see Serbia has many more players now than in Rio. That`s why their B team was able to compete at the World Cup.....back in 2015 would have been different.

Serbia right now is a lot stronger than they were in Rio.

• after seeing many matches of serbia players,i think some of them improved, some people drop ed.

for improving side:

Boskovic improves a lot. controlling her errors and deffense.and also some attacking skills. but like what i said,their main competitor is China.because they have tall ohs line.

veljkovic: her attacking but her blocking is still just so so

Popovic:the new mb in the team serbia.they dont let her to play with china this time.because they dont want china to know her a lot

flop:

Rasic dropped a lot in attacking.for blocking,she is still good.

libero popovic:for her age imroving,her ability droped .but it is not a big problem of reception.but still need to know if she can cover that big court when face China and USA.i dont know if they will have new good libero.

maja:she is experienced. for her age, she also droped some.but Boskovic only can spike her set well.she choked more often.but any setter could choke anytime.so not a big problem

mihajlovic:she improves some in her defense,but that is not her main duty. still she has too many errors .for her age, the attcking height droped a little.i will see if she can play well in the coming season.

as for the Oh2 position,Busa is the best.because she can cover the biggest court in those three ohs .but many strong teams know her well.

Lazovic and milenkovic can play well this time because those teams dont know them a lot. we can wait for next vnl to see if they can play well for strong teams.and the new setter of serbia doesnt show too much this time .

There should something seriously wrong with your personality. Why do you have to discredit every other team in order to praise another team. This is very disrespectful:mad:

• There should something seriously wrong with your personality. Why do you have to discredit every other team in order to praise another team. This is very disrespectful:mad:

R u for real? Do u wanna talk about disrespect, when you make personal comments about users all the time? I could @ every user that has had a problem with you due to your personal insults, but I won`t. I will just block you because I had enough. (How about your comments towards beri just last week?!)

China destroyed every team....did u even watch it? It was just like Brazil in 2008....... You are just jealous of them....Just like you are jealous of Mirkovic for setting the middles so much.....All your comments are "bias" :wavy:.

ok Mirkovic is a bad setter and she`s setting the middles simply because she has no Boskovic or Mihajlovic....and then if she`s setting Boskovic and Mihajlovic and not setting the middles then she`s a bad setter. BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS.

(just like if Bjelica did not score 20+ in almost every game, and Busa did had a couple of high scoring games).

You don`t know me, and you don`t know anyone in this forum. I don`t need your personal advice ok? And I`m pretty sure no one else here needs advice from you, so stick to "volleyball" and keep personal insults out. But of course you won`t....u will keep throwing personal insults out there like u always do.

I`m not wasting time you with anymore. I have blocked you honey....I`m so sorrrryyyyyyy. ;(

• I Don't know why do people have problems with truth and facts? ??

I know everyone would love me here If I just wrote what do you guys love to hear, sorry but no.

Pope said it right, Yes he is brutal but at least He is not hypocrit like many of you.

• Here is the one-page info from Wikipedia covering ALL editions of the Women's World Cup in concise and handy form: winners, participants, MVPs, etc. Throughout its 46-year history, being held in 13 times, there are altogether 28 nations ever participate plus two dissolved/transformed/merged entities: USSR & East Germany.

FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…yball_Women%27s_World_Cup

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I Don't know why do people have problems with truth and facts? ??

I know everyone would love me here If I just wrote what do you guys love to hear, sorry but no.

Pope said it right, Yes he is brutal but at least He is not hypocrit like many of you.

Why do you enjoy getting involved into drama so much? Aren't you tired of typing? Don't you have other stuff to do in your life?

• thanks, brahmin, for this info.

i don’t get why (ok, i know why, but... makes no sense), why are ARG (and KEN & CMR) ranked so high?

ITA, THA, BUL should be higher. and POL could even be in top 12.