2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Russian roster for 3rd week:

S:- Dmitry Kovalev ("Ural"), Igor Kobzar ("Kuzbass");

OPP:- Denis Zemchenok ("Belogorye"), Victor Poletaev ("Kuzbass");

OH: - Yaroslav Podlesnykh ("Kuzbass"), Dmitry Volkov, Yegor Kluka (both - "Torch"), Fedor Voronkov ("Nova");

MB-: Ilya Vlasov (“Dinamo”), Ivan Yakovlev (“Torch”), Igor Filippov (“Ural”), Ilyas Kurkaev (“Lokomotiv”);

L: - Roman Martynyuk (“Lokomotiv”), Valentin Golubev (“Belogorie”)

• Sammelvuo said in press conference that Zenit Kazan players most probably won't play in VNL this year.

I think that's a fair decision. More chance for the young guys, especially with Poletaev he needs to experience to be Russia's main OPP for an entire tournament (which he haven't done in the past I believe)

• from FFVB

Remains that for this third weekend of VNL, it is a tricolor team in full force that will present in the high place of French volleyball that is the Palais des Victoires in Cannes - where she has never played since Laurent Tillie took the lead in 2012 - since

(1) Benjamin Toniutti,

(2) Earvin Ngapeth

(3) Kévin Le Roux,

who had enjoyed holidays after their long club season, return to the group alongside

(4) Jenia Grebennikov,

(5) Nicolas Le Goff,

(6) Kevin Tillie,

(7) Trevor Clevenot,

(8) Thibault Rossard

and

(9-14) others.

---------

Most probably Boyer, Patry, Lyneel, Brizard, Chinenyeze and N. Rossard or Aguenier

• German roster for 3rd week:

Setter: Zimmermann, Kocian-Falkenbach

Oh: Fromm, Reichert, Schott, Sossenheimer, Peter

MB: Krick, Brehme, Baxpöhler, Günthör

Opposite: Hirsch, Malescha

Libero: Zenger

Böhme, Kaliberda and Weber out, Günthör, Peter and Malescha in. Overall, thats Not really an upgrade and i fear especially the MB department may suffer against high level setter like Toniutti/Christenson/Uriarte. So my expectations for the weekend are actually not that high, considering previous performances and the tough travel schedule.....

• Despite the 2-1 lead, Russia still very shaky and Poletaev clearly feeeling the pressure to be starter.

Yup i dont see a clear leader with this younger guys. You would think Poletaev, Kliuka or Volkov would assume this role by now but all 3 are very erratic. On the positive side, the middles are shaping up to be very good. I still think Filippov is better than Iakovlev but Iakovlev is also very good and improving really nicely. Kobzar and Kovalev really compliment each other.

• Tuomas should have the balls and cut the veteran setters and just go with Kobzar-Kovalev now until the Olympics. If anyone can do it, I think he is the person.

• I've always been pro Kovalev due to his huge contribution in the blocking and service line, regardless his off sets, but I have to admit that Kobzar has improved a lot since his departure from Kazan. For me, Butko and Grankin can stay out too, especially Butko.

• Tuomas should have the balls and cut the veteran setters and just go with Kobzar-Kovalev now until the Olympics. If anyone can do it, I think he is the person.

Oh I'm pretty positive most of the veterans are in danger. I only see him calling Mikhaylov for the Olympic qualifiers since its only Poletaev that is cutting it so far in the Opp position. And may be Musersky as the 4th MB. That’s it for the veterans. no grankin or the zenit guys.

• I think CAN-IRI is a good match up but let's hope the canadians aren't distracted by the raptors NBA championship. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Vuvuzuelas are so 2010 but I like the atmosphere it brings. Maybe it's just me who likes it but I understand it could be very frustrating for other teams with the iranian fans weaponizing the sound during the times when Canada has to play the ball.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney